This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermaine O'Neal Reloaded

I know that Jermaine O'Neal to Raptors deal was a failure, however with possible departure of CB4 and a much cheaper Jermaine O'Neal, it could work out.
    Jermaine O'Neal is 31 years old, he was relatively healthy last season and is an unrestricted agent this summer. Do you think that is worth bringing him back for a fraction of what he earned last season ($23mil) and pair him with Andrea?

I think this episode with JO left a bad taste in everyone's mouth including JO so I don't see a wanting from either sides to give this another shot.

Comment

If that fraction is 1/10, maybe.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        I think this episode with JO left a bad taste in everyone's mouth including JO so I don't see a wanting from either sides to give this another shot.
        I don't recall JO complaining about his time in Raptors uniform and for Raptors side, assuming that Bosh is gone, the scenario is totally different. CB4 and JO overlap in many areas and a cheaper JO would allow Raptors to bring some good wing players eventually from a S&T involving CB4.

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
          I don't recall JO complaining about his time in Raptors uniform and for Raptors side, assuming that Bosh is gone, the scenario is totally different. CB4 and JO overlap in many areas and a cheaper JO would allow Raptors to bring some good wing players eventually from a S&T involving CB4.
          Hell yah, I love JO!

Comment

JO is gonna look for a winner I would assume. I'm pretty sure he's stated that publically as well..

Even though he's only 31, he's at the stage in his career where he just wants a ring. So.. looking at it that way, the Raps don't seem to make much sense

Comment

The problem with JO is his very poor offense. His constant fade-away jump shots in his half a season had me cringing each time. If he's just showing up to be a defensive presence, and not expecting plays to be run for him on offense, then sure. But at this point in his career, I'm sure JO is looking for a contender to play for. That's not us, unfortunately.

Comment

I expect to see him for a cheap Vet minimum in LA or Boston, LA for sure if Bynum is gone!

Comment

only 31? thats 37 in hockey!

Comment

O'Neal was not a failure in Toronto. The rest of the team was. Bosh and O'Neal actually played pretty well together for the first month, or so, until O'Neal went down. The problem was the besides them, no other Raptor would step it up.

Still, there no reason to bring in a 31 year old free agent unless it's to play spot minutes. The Raptors need youth.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He'll re-sign in Miami for the vet minimum. The Heat only have a couple players under contract for next season. They have to fill out a roster after they sign Wade and another mega free-agent.

Comment

I thought that he did't even what to leave toronto.

Comment

I would rank this year's playoff performance by JO a -642/10
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                          X