Fan 590 Getting A Make Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan 590 Getting A Make Over

The FAN 590 is undergoing a major shake-up as a raft of on-air personalities were let go Thursday morning.

According to sources, the departed include morning co-hosts Don Landry and Gord Stellick, mid-morning host Mike Hogan and news announcer Rick Ralph. In addition, Jack Armstrong’s mid-afternoon show has been killed, though Armstrong and co-host Eric Smith may remain on staff.

Rogers Sportsnet’s Daren Millard, host of the noon hockey show, has been replaced by Greg Brady. Millard will likely return to a full-time job at Sportsnet.

Brady was hired away from AM 640, where he co-hosted The Bill Watters Show. His departure from 640, which recently axed its noontime Leafs Lunch show, leaves Watters’ future in doubt as his show has languished in the ratings and has not made any headway against The FAN.

Brady will host a two-hour hockey show, followed by an hour of general sports talk leading into Bob McCown’s Prime Time Sports at 4 p.m.

That means the FAN has basically remade its entire schedule, with the exception of McCown’s show.

It is not known who will replace the morning duo who have been together since 2004, nor who will replace Hogan, another longtime FAN employee.

While program director Don Kollins did not return The Star’s calls Thursday morning, it is believed the moves were made to boost ratings.

While McCown soared in the recent ratings book with a 10.8 audience share among adult males, the rest of The FAN’s ratings were considered static. All fared relatively well in the last book, but much of that boost came from the Vancouver Olympics and was not expected to continue.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/articl...-up-at-fan-590

they better keep jack on there.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Holy Crap! I was just listening to the morning show today as I do every morning on my way to work...wow. Well hopefully the also change some of their programming and get more basketball talk going, that station is always talking hockey ..365 days a year.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
      Holy Crap! I was just listening to the morning show today as I do every morning on my way to work...wow. Well hopefully the also change some of their programming and get more basketball talk going, that station is always talking hockey ..365 days a year.
      "I'm Rick James BITCH!!!"

sorry, couldn't resist. apparently, hockey pays but that's because nobody else has really tried to talk about anything else.

now, if you'll excuse me you made me want to go watch that chapelle segment.

"You like Hammer, I'll give you Hammer!!!"
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        "I'm Rick James BITCH!!!"

sorry, couldn't resist. apparently, hockey pays but that's because nobody else has really tried to talk about anything else.

now, if you'll excuse me you made me want to go watch that chapelle segment.

"You like Hammer, I'll give you Hammer!!!"
        "Ladies, show LBF ur titties.............its a celebration Bitches."

Comment

My guess is that the Fan wasn't appealing to the 18-34 demographic anymore. It only makes sense, their hosts are pretty much all old farts who everyday reminisce about Dave Keon and Doug Gilmour. Times moved a lot of stuff along, the Fan was still stuck in the past banking on Mike Hogan to say something funny. Never happened.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
            "Ladies, show LBF ur titties.............its a celebration Bitches."
            "say hello to charlie murphy".

Comment

Working...
            X