X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKC 18+21 for Raptors' 13th pick - Trade Discussions Ongoing

This is according to Draft Express:

http://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/16958648561

New Orleans - Oklahoma City trade (18+21 for 11) deal not going to happen I hear. OKC is talking to Memphis and Toronto about it now instead

I would be so very happy... Bledsoe and a big (Whiteside, I hope) could be available there...

Comment

If the right players aren't there at 13, then trading down is my preference. I've said I would do it if George (or Davis) aren't there, but I forgot about Henry and Aldrich. If they're gone, too, then I'd trade down.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

ya you might be able to grab Bledsoe and a Larry Sanders
        or maybe even Avery Bardley if his injury really hurts his stock? (wishful thinking on my part)

Not a bad option in my opinion

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
          ya you might be able to grab Bledsoe and a Larry Sanders
          or maybe even Avery Bardley if his injury really hurts his stock? (wishful thinking on my part)

Not a bad option in my opinion
          bradley's stock is dropping by the minute.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

18 and 21 for the 13 isn't bad. I'd also do it in a heartbeat if George, Henry, and maybe Aldrich and Davis are all off the board and none of the usual suspects have slipped through. Even those four are pretty big crapshoots. There's a pretty big chance of getting 2 of Bledsoe, Bradley, James, Ebanks, Whiteside or Sanders at those 2 spots, and they're all pretty close in tier.

Bradley has certainly been falling in mock drafts. Something about his terrible freshman season, while being nowhere near the athlete that Westbrook is, and his inability to run the point have soured people desiring him as a PG. If he doesn't fall, I bet he gets taken by a good team like Boston where his deficiencies won't be as glaring.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
              while being nowhere near the athlete that Westbrook is,
              From what I've seen he looks pretty close. A bit lighter but quick and has got hops.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                From what I've seen he looks pretty close. A bit lighter but quick and has got hops.
                He's a good athlete but I don't know about close.

Westbrook:
                http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...estbrook-5062/

Bradley:
                http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Avery-Bradley-5285/

Westbrook was much more agile, a bit faster, and much stronger (2 reps for Bradley is pitiful). Bradley does seem to have better hops though. Givony/DraftExpress does a pretty good job on covering prospects, and this is what he had to say about the comparison:

RHQ: Ok, last player, Avery Bradley, a player who was such a high recruit out of high school but who struggled to find his niche at Texas. Is this a player who could take a Russell Westbrook-esque leap in the coming season?

Jonathan Givony: Russell Westbrook may be the best overall athlete in the NBA. If you look at one of the main reasons why Westbrook was able to explode the way he did is because he's just so much more athletic than anyone else. I mean, no one can stay in front of this guy. Avery Bradley is a good athlete but I don't think he's anywhere near the same caliber as Westbrook. He doesn't go to the free-throw line at all, he struggles finishing at the rim, so no, I can't see him making that kind of jump.
                http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...aptorsHQ-3523/

Comment

You're right. I've just been watching Bradley clips on youtube and it has been a while since I've seen Westbrook play.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

It seems like it did not happen. As I predicted earlier, Toronto is going to have a quite night.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      It seems like it did not happen. As I predicted earlier, Toronto is going to have a quite night.
                      Hornets came back with a better offer: "Swallow MoPete's expiring contract and we'll grab Aldrich with more certainty than the next few teams, and all for only your 21st and 26th picks; you can keep your 18th overall." Or that's what I assume was said.

That sure beats #18 and #21 for Toronto's #13, with the possibility of New Orleans being a douche and taking Aldrich anyway, and it would have been bad news had we taken only the 21st and 26th picks. Ed Davis + Alabi > Damion James + Alabi + future 2nd rounder + cash. Sometimes, the best trade you can make is the absence of one.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                        Hornets came back with a better offer: "Swallow MoPete's expiring contract and we'll grab Aldrich with more certainty than the next few teams, and all for only your 21st and 26th picks; you can keep your 18th overall." Or that's what I assume was said.

That sure beats #18 and #21 for Toronto's #13, with the possibility of New Orleans being a douche and taking Aldrich anyway, and it would have been bad news had we taken only the 21st and 26th picks. Ed Davis + Alabi > Damion James + Alabi + future 2nd rounder + cash. Sometimes, the best trade you can make is the absence of one.
                        I am not so sure that Davis will prove of more value to a NBA team than D. James will. I expect to see James starting with the Nets.

B. Lopez
                        Favors
                        D. James
                        Harris
                        Lee

A very good young starting five. Expect General Johnson to whip this unit into shape
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                        X