Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Like Patterson Best

Raptors like Patterson

Of the players who figure to be available for the 13th pick, the Toronto Raptors appear to like Kentucky forward Patrick Patterson the best, league sources said.

Nevada forward Luke Babbitt, Kansas guard Xavier Henry and Fresno State guard Paul George are also on the Raptors’ short list.

– Marc J. Spears, 1:55 p.m. ET, June 24
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...raftbuzz062410

i really hope they don't take patterson if there's one guy i've heard alot of bad things about it's him he's a bust.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Hopefully it's smoke and mirrors. I'm not a fan of him, either.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Hopefully it's smoke and mirrors. I'm not a fan of him, either.
      i think they'll either trade the pick or draft george or bradley and maybe trade whoever they draft.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

That's pretty different from Doug Smith's list. Who knows. The Pacers/Nets deal is interesting though.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

i really hope they don't take patterson if there's one guy i've heard alot of bad things about it's him he's a bust.
          i've not heard one expert mention his name and bust in the same sentence. concerns are over his size and ability to defend, but he's the big most ready to contribute offensively next to cousins in this draft. rebounds, can shoot from mid-range, and is polished around the basket. of the players available in our range i think he's one of the safest bets to play in the league for a long time.

i just question whether he's a good fit with us given our defensive concerns, but i still really like him.

Comment

If thats the case trade down
            if they take him i would pretty much call this draft a waste

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

It's hard to say someone is a bust before they've even been picked. If he drops pass #16, he could very well be a steal. Obviously if he gets picked top 6 he'd be a bust. Otherwise, if you mean bust as in he won't be an all-star one day, that could very well be true. He's more ready for the NBA than most of the other big men prospects, so he could be a good fit on a team that needs him to contribute right away. Certainly not a good fit for our team though since, effort aside, defense and rebounding are not his best qualities.

Comment

Apparently the Raptors now like Xavier Henry best, now...
                http://www.raptorshq.com/2010/6/24/1...the-top-option

I like this A LOT better.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He's totally going to be off the board before 13.

I also wonder who it is that OKC wants at #13. Good to know that both sides are waiting til the 13th pick before making the trade.
                  Last edited by Quixotic; Thu Jun 24, 2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                    i've not heard one expert mention his name and bust in the same sentence. concerns are over his size and ability to defend, but he's the big most ready to contribute offensively next to cousins in this draft. rebounds, can shoot from mid-range, and is polished around the basket. of the players available in our range i think he's one of the safest bets to play in the league for a long time.

i just question whether he's a good fit with us given our defensive concerns, but i still really like him.
                    I agree & a good character guy. Being a tweener is my concern...where would he fit in the pros and the Raps.

Comment

He was still available... but we took Ed Davis.
                      Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Working...
                      X