Nets Looking To Trade Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets Looking To Trade Down

NEW YORK – New Jersey Nets general manager Rod Thorn remains uncertain whether he wants to hold onto the third pick to draft Derrick Favors and is aggressively entertaining trade bids, league sources said.

“Rod doesn’t love that spot right now,” a source with knowledge of the Nets’ thinking said. “He’s willing to get out of there and go down.”

The Detroit Pistons would love to get to No. 3 and draft Kentucky center DeMarcus Cousins, sources said, but the two teams haven’t been able to get anywhere on a possible package. The Pistons engaged Sacramento on the fifth spot, but Kings GM Geoff Petrie wants to take Cousins and keep him.

Detroit is no longer making calls to move up and is planning to use its pick at No. 7, league sources said. Georgetown’s Greg Monroe tops Ed Davis on the Pistons’ board.

Thorn plans to draft Favors, the Georgia Tech freshman, should he keep the pick. Nevertheless, Favors is still seen as a young prospect who will likely have to wait two years to develop into a productive player. For the right package, sources said Thorn would be willing to drop down and take Monroe or Baylor’s Epke Udoh.

– Adrian Wojnarowski, 1:30 p.m. ET, June 24
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...raftbuzz062410

If I was BC I would be doing w/e I could to get that pick and I would take Wes Johnson with it I really like his game and would take him over Cousins and Favors.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

LBF wrote: View Post

If I was BC I would be doing w/e I could to get that pick and I would take Wes Johnson with it I really like his game and would take him over Cousins and Favors.
    First smart thing you've said all day.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
      First smart thing you've said all day.
      bud, you keep that up and you got a one way trip to banishment.

sure, i don't like guys here either but i aint a douche about it.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Third certainly isn't as good as 1st or 2nd, but I personally think there's a big drop off after three. I think trading down would be a bad move for the Nets. I don't see at all how Colangelo would move up there (maybe trading Bargnani?) but I'm hoping he's trying his best. If the Raptors could end up with Favors, I'd be ecstatic.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That has the Pacers going after it pretty hard.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post

That has the Pacers going after it pretty hard.
            scratch that

Comment

a little beef between LBF and Nick ? :O

and i would not take Wes at #3 if im the Raptors i would take Favors
              replacement for when Bosh leaves

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                a little beef between LBF and Nick ? :O

and i would not take Wes at #3 if im the Raptors i would take Favors
                replacement for when Bosh leaves
                Definitely Favors. Favors has a legit chance to be an all-star a couple years down the road. Johnson is probably more ready but I don't think his peak is as high. Which is why NJ's bluff was kind of stupid and failed for obvious reasons. That's assuming Kahn is right in the head though, of course.

Comment

Working...
                X