BC Will Regret Not Taking Avery Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Will Regret Not Taking Avery Bradley

Bradley got drafted by the celtics and raptors drafted Ed Davis who is a solid pick, but we clearly need some perimeter defense and Bradley is a guy who is gonna change a game with his defensive pressure. I guarantee in a couple yrs raptors fans will look back at this draft and say "HOLY SHIT WE COULD OF GOTTEN BRadley"

I agree. Take a look at this scouting report:

Offense: Incredibly quick, with a thick, stocky build. Thrives in transition and puts tremendous pressure on the defense. A very good ball-handler. Can create his own shot and blow by his man, but doesn’t do a great job reading defenses and making plays for others. Decision making is questionable, prone to mental lapses. Runs into brick walls, and struggles to find a rhythm between being too aggressive or too passive. Pounds the ball excessively at times. Can find the open man, but is not what you would call a floor general. Outside shot is extremely streaky, which makes defenses sag off him and hurts the team’s offensive flow. Has great elevation on his jumper, though, and seems to have made some strides in that area. Must not fall in love with it, as he tends to do at times. Has talent, and can put points on the board, but needs to mature and find the right situation.

Defense: A ball-hawk who can really lock down when he puts his mind to it. Puts tremendous pressure on the defense, gets in his man’s grill and stays in his shorts until he gives the ball up. Has great strength, length and lateral quickness, and the mentality to capitalize on it. Not smart enough on this end of the floor, though. Needs to do a better job reading screens, not gambling, and fouling less. Uses his hands a bit too much.
    After reading the scouting report, I agree that this is the player that the Raptors need. (Oh wait, this is Banks'.)

Comment

I rarely actually laugh out loud when reading something, but... LOL (for real).

Comment

Or you could be saying "Somehow we had the chance to draft Ed Davis and BC let him go, and drafted Marcus Banks II instead." Come on, Pretty much all GM's (except David Kahn) would take on Davis before Bradley

Also, wow he has elevation on his jumper, you forgot to highlight where it says that its pretty bad he overuses it and also is a bad decision maker.
        Last edited by cornbreadd; Fri Jun 25, 2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I was only trying to emphasize his good points.
          Last edited by Quixotic; Fri Jun 25, 2010, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Enough of this Bradley stuff. One guy posts a nice scouting report a few weeks ago saying that he might be a good fit for the Raps, and everybody is going gaga seeing the second coming of T-Mac. Give me a break, all scouting reports had him out of the lottery. If everybody thought he'll be so great, how come 18 teams passed up on him? He's a fkn C*tic now, I don't even want to hear about him anymore.

Comment

moe_shuttlesworth wrote: View Post
              Bradley got drafted by the celtics and raptors drafted Ed Davis who is a solid pick, but we clearly need some perimeter defense and Bradley is a guy who is gonna change a game with his defensive pressure. I guarantee in a couple yrs raptors fans will look back at this draft and say "HOLY SHIT WE COULD OF GOTTEN BRadley"
              This obsessive man-love for Bradley by some Raptors fans is far worse than any support I have ever had for Amir Johnson.

I like Ed Davis' upside and if Johnson stays with the Raptors I think the drafting of Davis will benefit the Raptors, Davis and Johnson. Davis and Johnson will push each other in practice and on the court for minutes and as a result both of their games will improve to their benefit and to the benefit of the Raptors and enjoyment of Raptors fans.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

[QUOTE=cornbreadd;22363]Or you could be saying "Somehow we had the chance to draft Ed Davis and BC let him go, and drafted Marcus Banks II instead." Come on, Pretty much all GM's (except David Kahn) would take on Davis before Bradley

Exactly.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  This obsessive man-love for Bradley by some Raptors fans is far worse than any support I have ever had for Amir Johnson.

I like Ed Davis' upside and if Johnson stays with the Raptors I think the drafting of Davis will benefit the Raptors, Davis and Johnson. Davis and Johnson will push each other in practice and on the court for minutes and as a result both of their games will improve to their benefit and to the benefit of the Raptors and enjoyment of Raptors fans.
                  Well you already see the bigger picture, the practice and game chemistry needs to be addressed on this team in whatever way possible. More members for the YoungGunz.

Comment

I honestly don't believe all the garbage people through out there about prospects. In my opinion you have very few stand alone break-out stars from the draft. In recent years:
                    Lebron,
                    Wade,
                    Kobe,
                    Rose,
                    Bosh (Eh he did have to work hard though!)

What I am getting at is that, I think it is rare you find that guy who comes out of the draft who makes a huge impact on your team. There are lots of hidden gems in the draft which have potential to grow and I believe Davis will be one, I also believe Bradley is one. However, I do believe in scenarios such as these it is all about the right team they get to play for, look at Weems, and Johnson this year for example they both played for teams which had great depth behind them which did not benefit their NBA growth. They came to Toronto last season and a lot of people expected them to be busts' however, they grew with great potential.

Same with Chris Bosh, he wasn't exactly the PF he is today when he first came here, after Vince left the franchise turned to him and gave him all the room they needed him to have to grow to become the player he was today. People have to stop saying Bradley was the best blah, unless you actually follow college ball to a T, and did the scouting reports yourself you have no idea.

Rondo was an amazing pick for the Celtics, did he slide through the draft hell yeah. Would he have developed to become as great of a PG if he wasn't playing for Boston/ the "big 3" who knows? I really think player development depends on where the player plays, the coach, and those surrounded by them. So let’s stop assuming and welcome Davis so he can grow to be the PF we need him to be.

Comment

bRyan is a changed man because if it were the same draft last year I bet he would have taken Bradley who is a solid pick I belive. bUt, he shouldn't have picked him that high in the draft. this year he thought about who the best palyer was and snatched him up.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

This feels like Ed O'Bannon all over again. People get their heart set on someone and don't give anyone else a chance. I think that draft worked out ok.....

Comment

I was as big a Bradley homer as there was pre draft, but there is no alternate universe where you take him over Davis. Bradley was as high risk, high reward as any player not named Whiteside and now that he is in Boston his career will likely sputter.

The guy is not going to contribute right away and easily could find his way back to the raptors when him and Rondo start quarreling over turf. He honestly didn't make a ton of sense for the raptors anyways, you need to pair him with a tall point guard or stud at the 2 and we have neither.

The reason the raps never worked out Davis or why he wasn't on anyone's radar was because no one ever imagined he would fall to 13. They didn't work out John Wall either. I haven't read much draft analysis yet, but I guarantee they are sacrificing virgins in BC's honor over at ESPN.

Comment

jeevie wrote: View Post
                            Rondo was an amazing pick for the Celtics, did he slide through the draft hell yeah. Would he have developed to become as great of a PG if he wasn't playing for Boston/ the "big 3" who knows? I really think player development depends on where the player plays, the coach, and those surrounded by them. So let’s stop assuming and welcome Davis so he can grow to be the PF we need him to be.
                            Not to disparage Rondo's talents too much but he still has an achilles heel as an all-tool pg. And that is his jump shot (reg. and 3 pt) at will. Teams will leave him open/give him space to protect against his drive. His pts come mostly from his explosiveness to the rim, floaters and fast breaks. If the Celtics lose Allen (or do not replace with a viable 3 pt option) watch for Rondo not to do as well. He had a solid cast around him. He also built muscle since draft day.

Comment

If I've said it once, I've said it a dozen time. Bradley is an undersized SG who doesn't finish well and avoids contact and has no PG skills. He basically has one really good attribute, and that's his defense. And the Raptors already have Marcus Banks.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X