No announcement yet.

BC Said On The Presser "It Will Be Interesting To See Amir and Davis Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very happy that Colangelo is talking this early about Amir on the team. I wasn't that crazy about the pick when it happened because I felt that Davis replicated what Amir had been bringing us and there wouldn't be room for both.

Could the Raptors play Bargs, Davis and Amir at the same time? Bargs could play the 3 on offense and Amir and Davis in the paint. And on defense you have Amir guarding the 3 (pretty sure they tried it a couple of times last season).

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
      Who would play center if Bargs were traded?

Which one of our 6'8"-6'9" PFs?
      Who is our 6'8 PF? And BTW, even though I agree it might be a better idea since shoes can always be changed (compare Davis' shoes giving him only 0.75" additional height to Whiteside's flip-flops giving him 1.00" additional height and Aldrich's shoes giving him 2.00" additional height), nobody (except maybe the Raptors) lists players' measurements without shoes.

Davis is 6'9" barefoot (compare that to Aldrich's 6'9" and Udoh's and Favors' 6'8.75"), but he will be considered to be 6'10" with shoes and is no more undersized than any of the other PFs in the draft. Nobody really considers Boozer to be undersized at the 4, and yet he's over an inch shorter than Davis barefoot. Amare is half an inch shorter, as well. Amir is a good 6'11" in shoes as well.

(Interestingly, Toronto is one of the few teams that undersizes their big men in listings. Bosh was listed at 6'10" when he was drafted, yet if we follow the standard in using shoes in the measurement, he was a good 6'11.5" so either 6'11" or 7'0" would have been more accurate. Same goes for Bargnani, who was 7'0" without shoes when drafted, and should be listed as a good 7'1" with shoes.)

Davis will not be playing the 5 unless he adds strength as well as grows another inch, but it doesn't mean if Bargnani is traded we suddenly are helpless without someone to play the 5. If Bargnani can be traded, we can certainly acquire a 5 back somewhere as well.

Comment

hilfgott wrote: View Post
        Could the Raptors play Bargs, Davis and Amir at the same time? Bargs could play the 3 on offense and Amir and Davis in the paint. And on defense you have Amir guarding the 3 (pretty sure they tried it a couple of times last season).
        Not really that good an idea (though it would certainly do wonders for Bargnani's WP48 numbers so people can get off his back on that one finally)? They certainly couldn't do that all the time, only with some select opposing 3s (the slower variety). Which is why there's no point worrying about how Davis and Johnson will fit together, especially when Amir hasn't been able to average more than 24 minutes per game, given his foul rate. There will be plenty of minutes to go around.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          Also quite interesting to note he did not mention Bargs and Davis together. Is Bargs traded waiting for July 1 announcement? Trade fodder to get a PG or proper SF? We shall see.
          i wouldn't mind getting garcia from sac town for hedo.

bargnani who would we trade to to get a starting pg? washington...?!
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            Defensively is another story, but those two are about as perfect an offensive front court as you'll ever see.
            They were a good, not great, pairing. If Bargnani had figured out how to rebound offensively and consistently punish smaller quicker matchups in the post, they would have been devastating.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              i wouldn't mind getting garcia from sac town for hedo.

bargnani who would we trade to to get a starting pg? washington...?!
              I'd say Hinrich, but Bargnani for Hinrich is a bit light on our receiving end. Maybe for Hinrich and a first round pick.

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
                I agree with that trade and think it would be the most realistic in terms of our young core I think Bargnani is the first piece I would consider trading but I remember parts of last season when I was thinking thank god we didnt trade bargnani cuz he had some really good stretches of games when he was rebounding but euros think more about points and American players understand the importance of rebounding and protecting the paint thats the difference
                Marz wrote: View Post
                I've scoured the trade machine for suitable trades involving Bargs and couldn't think of anything reasonable. He just doesn't seem to fit with anyone out there.
                My suggestions, in order of preference...

Bargnani for Rubio and fodder
                Bargnani for Love and fodder
                Bargnani for Wesley Johnson and fodder
                Basically, Bargnani for anyone on the TImberwolves roster that plays defense. They are under the cap, so don't have to match salaries.

http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...os-ear-trades/

Of course, they'd have to want Bargnani.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Of course, they'd have to want Bargnani.
                  I think those are actually some of the more realistic trade offers around and I could see them wanting Bargnani (unless Kahn definitely only wants to keep acquiring wings this year).

Comment

I met Johnson last year - he's maybe 6'9" but nowhere near 6'11"

Comment

Working...
                    X