Proposal - Joe Johnson for Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal - Joe Johnson for Bargnani

Bringing in JJ would likely be enough to keep Bosh so why not see if ATl would be interested in a sign and trade. What team could offer something better than Bargnani in a sign and trade deal. I think Calderon and Bargnani for JJ and Childress would be a solid deal for both teams. ATL could actually use a pg with them currently using Bibby and Teague. We could play JJ at the PG spot with derozan. I think it makes sense for both teams. It would even open up more options in a Turk deal with Childress stepping in to start at SF.

Thoughts?

I think Turk for Biedrins would make sense if we pulled that deal.

very unlikely...

1) Is Johnson willing to come to Toronto? I think he will be more interested playing with Wade/Lebron than Bosh.

2) Atlanta will love to do a sign and trade with johnson if he decides not to return but trading childress? no way... I don't see that happening. They need to keep atleast one of their sg's otherwise they have a shortage there. Furthermore they seem to be leaning towards childress and are pretty much locked on keeping him.
    Last edited by Raptors; Sat Jun 26, 2010, 03:15 AM.

Comment

There's a better chance of me, you, and Patrick O'Bryant winnin the lottery and being set for life and not have to worry about how we get that $$$. NOT gonna happen EVER.
      BO$$

Comment

no way..... the salaries dont even match and why would atlanta trade consistent offence and defence for both inconsistent offence and shitty defence

Comment

I'd love to see Joe Johnson in the Raps, and Bosh staying because of it. But that's going to be a tough get. I can't see Atlanta interested in any of our players not named Chris Bosh. Plus, Joe has to want to come to Canada, and that's not very likely. Oh well, we can still dream and put faith in BC.

Comment

umm and its also represents potentially one of the worst trades in raptor history. A 29 year old plateaued swing man getting paid max money not to show up in the playoffs for a young, versatile big man with a very manageable contract.

I'm all for trading Bargs for the right deal and if it can lead towards resigning Bosh, but i'd rather start a front court of Turk, Bargs and David Lee than ink Joe Johnson to any deal that can't be terminated the moment he quits on his team.

I have absolutely no idea why people are fascinated with Joe Johnson, he's a great addition to fantasy team or a team that wants thier season to end prematurely.

Comment

No one really thought about this or maybe they did and I just don't know.
              Wouldn't Atlanta be interested in doing a sign and trade rather than losing him for nothing?

I was thinking maybe we can do sign and trade with Atlanta for joe johnson and in return we give Hedo (still is a good player and fits with Atlanta)+expiring contracts... what do you think? If BC gets it done i will be the happiest man alive.

pg) Jack
              sg) Johnson
              sf) Derozan
              pf) Bosh
              C) Andrea

trade Andrea and some more expiring for Collison and Okafor then you have

pg) Collison
              sg) Johnson
              sf) Derozan
              pf) Bosh
              C) Okafor

I like it... Also if you wana twist it a bit more lol

Trade Collison (young and talented)/marco/future 1st/expiring for Granger (27).

Collison is exactly wat pacers need...furthermore they have a similar guard in Geroge (sim to Granger).

Raptors after this trade

pg) Jack
              sg) Johson
              sf) Granger
              Pf) Bosh
              C) Okafor

lol Very hard but I just love this trade

Comment

Working...
              X