Collison
    Deng
    Stojakovic

Okafor/Bargnani/Alibi
    Bargnani/Davis/Johnson
    Deng/Stojakovic
    DeRozan/Weems/Bellinelli
    Collison/Calderon/Jack

Toronto gets decent value back for Bosh, in getting three players who can start next season. Okafor is a great mentor for Alibi, Collison is the PG of the future, and all three bring added defensive presence. They take on an awful contract in Stojakovic, but it expires after the season.

New Orleans outgoing:
    Okafor
    Collison
    Posey
    Stojakovic

New Orleans incoming:
    Turkoglu
    Gibson
    Evans
    Banks

I think this is a great trade for the Hornets. New Orleans gets rid of three contracts they don't want, and gain an excellent young forward, a couple expirings in return, and get a SF who can be their long-term replacement for Stojakovic. They'll still need to make another move to pick up a starting center, but the rest of their roster is set up pretty nicely, and they'll have lots of flexibility after this year.

Chicago incoming:
    Bosh
    Posey

Chicago outgoing:
    Gibson
    Deng

They get Bosh without giving up any of their core. Essentially moving Deng for Posey ensures that they keep the good cap position that they've worked so hard to get to. No, Posey isn't a good value. But if they're making a hard pitch for James, whoever plays behind him (whether it's Posey or Deng) will get so little court time as to be a complete non-factor. Obviously they would rather just sign Bosh outright, so the only way this happens is if Bosh sticks to his guns about making a sign-and-trade work.
    Last edited by octothorp; Sat Jun 26, 2010, 04:27 PM.

I can't think of a reason why New Orleans would deal Collison. They're out of the luxury tax. He was phenomenal last year.

I mean... it's a nice idea in theory, but the chances that the Raptors get one useful, meaningful player for Bosh is 50/50. The chance they get 3 is basically zero.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

no way the hornets let go of a talent like collison just to get rid and recieve some expiring contracts.....just no way

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
        no way the hornets let go of a talent like collison just to get rid and recieve some expiring contracts.....just no way
        They have already said they will trade Collison to get rid of any of the 3 'bad' contracts of Okafor, Peja, Posey. This gets rid of all 3, and they get expiring which is what they want, and need in order to make the trade go and to get rid of their $contracts.

Comment

i think it could work. NO would LOVE to get rid of Okafor, Posey and Stojakovic (their contracts).

Comment

1. They're already very close to being out of the luxury tax level (they are already under it but they also need to fill those last few slots). Including Collison with Posey's not too unreasonable contract would bring them where they want to be, and might even pick up a good piece or draft pick as well.

2. Another team will offer a deal that won't require them to take on a contract like Turkoglu's. Why is Turkoglu so bad for them? For one, they have Chris Paul and if they learned anything from the Raptors this past season it's that Turkoglu needs to be on a team with a more off-the-ball PG. Secondly, after the trade, Turkoglu's deal will look almost exactly like Okafor's due to the trade kicker. Thirdly, if they want to remain anywhere near competitive, replacing Stojakovic and Okafor with Turkoglu and then have to look for a new starting C isn't exactly an upgrade. If it's a downgrade, then Paul will be leaving and there's no point in taking on an aging contract (Turkoglu) at all. Collison is possibly good enough value to make another team completely eat Okafor's salary or return some expirings.

3. All this deal does is give them hugey inferior players (Collison > Gibson, Okafor > Turkoglu, Stojakovic and Posey > Banks and Evans), reduce payroll for this year, and get rid of Posey's salary next year. If they move Collison, they can do so much better than that:
            - use Collison to get rid of Posey's salary next year and get back something useful
            - use Collison to completely dump Okafor's contract onto someone else
            Last edited by Quixotic; Sat Jun 26, 2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I think it's a good idea to get Okefor and Collison, but I think we can do without getting any other teams and players involved.

I think we should do:

Evans
              Banks
              Belinelli
              and next years first rounder

This will leave us with a better chance to sign bosh and if we don't we will still be okay. Bargs can play the Power Forward (like he should be) and we still have turk, and one of the point guards to deal. Plus any free agents we can pick up. Maybe bring in RUDY GAY with the saving of Boshs contract.

Okefor
              Bargs
              Gay
              Demar
              Collison

Calderon or Jack (who ever we keep)
              Ed Davis
              Amir
              Weems
              and any other role player we can pick up or trade for

NOW THAT IS A COMPETITIVE TEAM

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                I think it's a good idea to get Okefor and Collison, but I think we can do without getting any other teams and players involved.

I think we should do:

Evans
                Banks
                Belinelli
                and next years first rounder

This will leave us with a better chance to sign bosh and if we don't we will still be okay. Bargs can play the Power Forward (like he should be) and we still have turk, and one of the point guards to deal. Plus any free agents we can pick up. Maybe bring in RUDY GAY with the saving of Boshs contract.

Okefor
                Bargs
                Gay
                Demar
                Collison

Calderon or Jack (who ever we keep)
                Ed Davis
                Amir
                Weems
                and any other role player we can pick up or trade for

NOW THAT IS A COMPETITIVE TEAM
                Unfortunately it's also a total dream. Maybe I'm wrong here, but a 1st round pick and a bunch of expiring filler (of the worst kind) for Okafor and Collison. Seems to me if that's all it would take for the Hornets to jump on it, Okafor and Collison would have been traded a while ago.

Secondly, there is no bring in Gay with the savings from Bosh's contract. If we renounce every single FA including Bosh and Amir, we will have ~9 mil to spend. That means Amir gone. No MLE either.

Comment

Working...
                X