X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executive Sees LeBron, Bosh To Chicago As 'Done Deal'

Executive Sees LeBron, Bosh To Chicago As 'Done Deal'

Jun 27, 2010 7:08 AM EST

An NBA executive told The New York Times that, based on discussions with other team officials, he believes that LeBron James and Chris Bosh have already decided to sign with the Bulls.

In that case, James' meetings with teams this coming week would be merely a formality.

"I think it's a done deal," the executive said about James departing Cleveland for Chicago and taking Bosh with him.

The Bulls are not likely to hold room for two maximum-salary contracts once next season's salary cap is set, but they may be within striking distance of that goal.

Via New York Times

James Not Planning Visits; Bulls Are Said to Move to Front in Chase to Land Him
    By JONATHAN ABRAMS
    Published: June 26, 2010

The LeBron James sweepstakes will kick off in Ohio on his home turf Thursday as five teams — the Chicago Bulls, the Miami Heat, the Knicks, the Nets and the Los Angeles Clippers — travel there in an attempt to woo James away from the Cleveland Cavaliers, an executive of one of the teams in the hunt said Saturday.

After trading away guard Kirk Hinrich, right, a seven-year veteran, the Chicago Bulls have $29.2 million under the salary cap.

But the meetings might not be much more than a formality. The executive, who did not want to be identified discussing a player who is not yet a free agent, said he had gathered from discussions with his fellow N.B.A. executives that James was strongly leaning toward joining the Bulls in tandem with another free agent, Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors.
    http://bit.ly/a1U2vY
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

So why is Bosh and Wade visiting NY together? Window dressing intrigue?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Cuz Bosh enjoys the ego stroking he gets by acting like he's open to all offers when he's merely clutching onto LBJs nutsack.

Comment

If you wanted to win, why wouldn't you ride on LBJ's coat tails?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Or why is Bosh also saying the Heat are in top contention to acquire his services?

Source - http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2495

Comment

Ok, so if Bosh is set on Chicago then let's look at what they have to offer. First, keep in mind that if James is headed there too its in his best interest to try and work a S&T as well. The player who makes the most sense going to Cleveland would be Deng. Assuming Deng is gone then I would think that the Raptors would be hoping for Gibson and Johnson as those two are all that's left. It doesn't benefit the Bulls at all to trade those two unless Bosh insists on a S&T. If he doesn't not, the Bulls can sign him out right and the Raptors are screwed.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Ok, so if Bosh is set on Chicago then let's look at what they have to offer. First, keep in mind that if James is headed there too its in his best interest to try and work a S&T as well. The player who makes the most sense going to Cleveland would be Deng. Assuming Deng is gone then I would think that the Raptors would be hoping for Gibson and Johnson as those two are all that's left. It doesn't benefit the Bulls at all to trade those two unless Bosh insists on a S&T. If he doesn't not, the Bulls can sign him out right and the Raptors are screwed.
              I think Cavs stated that they wouldn't do a S&T for Lebron and they would just let him walk.

Comment

I don't think I've read that but like to do so. Anyone have a link?

Comment

I don't know why but for some reason I like the idea of LBJ and CB4 teaming up in Chi-town and bringing back a dynasty to the city. Of all the scenarios that could be played out, imo this one makes the most sense.

Plus it'll give me a chance to add to my Bulls jersey collection.

Comment

Yeah, Lebron S&Ts throw a wrench into the same for Bosh. While it would be nice to get (in this scenario where Deng goes to CLE) Taj Gibson, i'm not sure where he would fit with A. Johnson and Davis already at the 4. Perhaps we could use him as trade bait with another team (Wiz, N.O., Memphis, perhaps).

James Johnson would be a good fit, but we'd need someone else at the 3 for sure.

Derozan/Weems, J. Johnson, A. Johnson/Davis would give us a crazy young set at the 2,3 and 4, but a crazy young set with crazy potential and all but A. Johnson on Rookie contracts. Not bad as a stepping stone to rebuild. If we could grab a lights out shooter from deep/lockdown defender at the 3 spot, that would be the next step.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I actually think that if Lebron decides to leave, Cavs will go through a rebuild and will be more interested on players like Gibson and Johnson and draft pick rather than a SF with a big contract and a history of injury.

Cavs will not be competing anytime soon so is is better to get cheap young players.

Comment

Well, if the above is the case, getting Deng also works well for the Raps. If he can become better shooting the 3, and up his assists a couple (possible, given the plethora of offensive players TO has in comparison to the Bulls), then he'd be great. It would be nice if we could swing a deal for Ebanks to come in and be the back up 3. We'd have monster boards coming from that spot.

Comment

OMG, Bosh is such a bitch. He should at least get all the rumors to say the same thing! Attention whoring slut.

Comment

Working...
                          X