Chris Bosh In No Win Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Bosh In No Win Situation

Believe it or not, I'm not a massive fan of Bosh. I do like him and I defend him all the time, but if I were to get my choice of big men, Bosh would be fairly low on the list. Of course, even lower on the list would be guys like Stoudamire, Boozer, Lee, Jefferson, Bargnani and every other big who doesn't focus on defense.

But I digress....

Bosh takes a lot of flack among Raptor fans, and most of it is unwarranted. RIght now, however, he's in a no win situation. Raptor fans seem to be looking for any excuse to blast him.

If Bosh re-signs, fans will either say he was too egotistical and didn't want to be in anyone's shadow, or just cared about the money.

If Bosh signs with a team with Wade, LeBron or Kobe, they'll say he's just riding their coattails and is too afraid to prove he should be the main guy.

If Bosh signs with New York, without LeBron or Wade, people will just say he's an attention whore who wants to go to where he'll get the most coverage.

If Bosh goes to a winning team, or a team with lots of talent, he's to afraid to try and win by himself.

If he goes to a team that isn't winning (or re-signs), he only cares about the money.

What situation could Bosh go to where you wouldn't criticize him? And keep in mind, I'll bet there are plenty of contradictions, which will prove my point.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

All this stuff on twitter and in blogs is just noise. My three problems with Bosh have been and will continue to be

1. I don't see him as a leader in the locker room
    2. His defense is below average
    3. He has never played 82 games in a season in his entire career and the long term outlook over the next several years for his knees is questionable.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I disagree with the thread. Bosh is a big winner if he leaves Toronto and picks the right location. The hateful posters around here are just upset that he's leaving. It's understandable but if you've been a fan since day one like me you can think back to much worse times than this. Bosh isn't screwing over the franchise. He's given management seven years to bring guys into to help him. It's management's fault. There is nothing wrong with Bosh leaving this way. He's doing it the right way. The professional way. The mature way.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I disagree with the thread. Bosh is a big winner if he leaves Toronto and picks the right location. The hateful posters around here are just upset that he's leaving. It's understandable but if you've been a fan since day one like me you can think back to much worse times than this. Bosh isn't screwing over the franchise. He's given management seven years to bring guys into to help him. It's management's fault. There is nothing wrong with Bosh leaving this way. He's doing it the right way. The professional way. The mature way.
        Finally, a voice of reason.

Comment

The question is simple:

If Bosh stays will the Raptors be better than if he leaves? Clearly that question is impossible to answer.

However I do think that despite his ability to put up good numbers and but not lead the team to wins that the Raptors can replace him with a more team orientated and physically healthier player that will help to lead the Raptors into the playoffs on a regular basis.

Of course this is all conjecture but since the question was asked I answered.

I expect the Raptors to make the playoffs in 2010-11 with or without Bosh.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Chris Bosh plays 89% of all regular season games.

Comment

How do you disagree with the thread? My point is that no matter what Bosh chooses to do, he will get blasted. I'm not saying I agree, in fact I agree with you, but the fact is that Bosh will get criticized no matter what he does.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

and we didn't make playoffs by one game. It is managements fault thouugh, we have had a glaring need at the small forward or shooting guard positions since Carter left. They are instrumental positions in winning a championship. a good power forward and a creative offensive back court is a winning formula. THey should have got it done!

Comment

I think raptor fans have convenient memories. When a guy wants to leave we blast him and if he resigns he's a hero. Everyone in Toronto has already ganged up on Bosh and he is being crucified by casual fans and forum fans, but if he were to resign all would be forgiven fairly quickly.

Kobe demanded a trade and acted 100 times worse than Bosh has and once they started winning nobody ever mentioned it again and they swept the whole episode under his already crowded rug.

If he goes and plays with Lebron in Chicago I think people will respect the formation of the super team, but if the break up gets ugly the level of hatred could escalate from defcon Tmac to defcon Wince.

Comment

How is this different than LeBron James situation if we are to consider based on your assumptions?
                    CB4,LBJ&Co are not going to care what their current team fans believe, pretty soon they will be adopted by their new team fans, maybe not as whiny as the current fans. I think there is a WIN situation for most of these stars, they will cash millions of dollars over next 5-6 years, regardless of what they choose to sign. What is +/- $30 millions when your contract is over $100 millions, more than enough to live your dream along with your extended family.

Comment

Bosh, from all I can figure, has given Colangelo as much to work with, about his intentions as can be expected. Colangelo chose not to trade him when his stock was highest(this past trade deadline) and now, I'm expecting him to sign in Chicago without even a sign and trade.

Good for him. I wish him all the best. It isn't Bosh's fault we've surrounded him with a cast of characters akin to a soap opera, none of whom plays defense, none of whom shores up his weaknesses, quite the opposite, and then we play the blame the guy racking up 24/11 game.

Go read the ESPN articles and see where Bosh's clutch scoring and PER rank. He's been a beast, and expecting him to do it alone is ridiculous. I hope to see him sign somewhere with a decent team, and I'll cheer for him there.

I'll cheer for the Raptors, too, but with the knowledge that they are likely to be mediocre forever. C'est la vie.

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                        How is this different than LeBron James situation if we are to consider based on your assumptions?
                        CB4,LBJ&Co are not going to care what their current team fans believe, pretty soon they will be adopted by their new team fans, maybe not as whiny as the current fans. I think there is a WIN situation for most of these stars, they will cash millions of dollars over next 5-6 years, regardless of what they choose to sign. What is +/- $30 millions when your contract is over $100 millions, more than enough to live your dream along with your extended family.
                        I don't mean that Bosh can't go to a situation that would be great for him, but in the minds of Raptor fans, there's nothing he can do where he wouldn't be criticized. Personally, I think Chicago is the best situation for him, especially if they can get Joe Johnson. A starting lineup of Rose, Johnson, Deng, Bosh and Noah would be very, very good, and Bosh could feel that he's still the main guy, but doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting, with Johnson and Rose on the roster.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          How do you disagree with the thread? My point is that no matter what Bosh chooses to do, he will get blasted. I'm not saying I agree, in fact I agree with you, but the fact is that Bosh will get criticized no matter what he does.
                          If he leaves he won't care if he gets blasted here in Toronto. It won't matter anymore. Getting potentially booed over four games a season? Big deal.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            I don't mean that Bosh can't go to a situation that would be great for him, but in the minds of Raptor fans, there's nothing he can do where he wouldn't be criticized. Personally, I think Chicago is the best situation for him, especially if they can get Joe Johnson. A starting lineup of Rose, Johnson, Deng, Bosh and Noah would be very, very good, and Bosh could feel that he's still the main guy, but doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting, with Johnson and Rose on the roster.
                            Ohhh ... you are talking about Raptors fans. Well, with Raptors fans, is never OK regardless who we are talking about, unless Raptors wins few championships in row. CB4 case is not an exception from the rule.

Comment

At this point even if Bosh did want to re-sign, while glamorous on paper, it would be an awkward reception from the fans in my opinion. Your franchise player spends a summer basking in the media's spotlight (albeit in the shadow of LeBron), forming a hypothetical list of teams he is willing to play for, asking to be THE man, admitting that he is waiting on LeBron to make a decision and thus basing his ultimate decision off of that, claiming Miami is at the top of the aforementioned list, and all the while Toronto has rarely ever popped up. I have loved Bosh since we drafted him, but I don't know how well it would sit with me to have had the franchise player basically parade himself around the league while guys like Amir Johnson, DeRozan and Weems actually put in work this summer, and then have Bosh return as if things are all good. If Toronto was truly where he wanted to be, he wouldn't need to listen to offers or see who could woo him with the best overall package - he would have either a) signed an extension or b) kept his mouth shut like LeBron. Too much has been said on his part already this summer that shows where his mind and his heart are at this point and if both aren't 100% in Toronto, then (as much as it pains me to say it) would we really want him on the roster next year?

Comment

Working...
                              X