Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo's Most Recent Interview with the Turkish Media

Just found this over at the RealGM and thought it was interesting:

it was news about hedos future with toronto in turkish newspaper today...

here is link(its turkish) http://www.sporx.com/ozel/ozelroportaj/198408/?ref=ABM

basically hedo says, about asking for trade request: whatever i say now can go wrong way, i said that then because it was end of season and eveerythng was still warm... ... all i wanted to say is i dont want to play the same SYSTEM toronto has...

i like the city, people and play there... but they used me wrong.. i know my skills and i was screaming all season that people could use me that way...

and guy asked him, if he had talk with coach about it..
    hedo says: coach couldnt say much because toronto had their system and hedo was not big part of it...

question: so if toronto has same system would you like to stay and play or ask for trade?
    hedo: i dont think they will use same system... this sytem didnt work for both part... also its not up to me to ask for trade, its up to between teams in the league... all i want is play basketball and practicing very hard..

question: if there are changes in team would you like to play in toronto
    hedo: of course, i didnt have problem with anyone so far in my career and it wont now on

question:do you think chris bosh will leave?

hedo: i dont think so, bosh is first option in toronto and he wouldnt have that in other team.. of course this is my personal option..

he also talks about he is still upset about nightlife rumors etc... also playing point guard position with jose calderon.. he also said he didnt talk with any team after season.. and also there was question about orlando, he said he made what was best desicion for him and he cant live with past...

from what i have read(this is my personal thinking) team told him not to talk about trade and probably they are shopping him. sorry for grammer errors...
    RealGM Link: - Click here
    Source - Click here

hedo "the bullshitter" turkoglu
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Looks like damage control. Hedo will be back next season. Jose Calderon will not.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
        Looks like damage control. Hedo will be back next season. Jose Calderon will not.
        Ugh ... I hope your wrong. I don't think I can take another season with Hedo.

Comment

You know after the first intrerview BC called Hedo's agent to muzzle him up and ensuring that whatever happens to keep things on the low.

Comment

If he's back, I hope it's only short-lived, and to try to increase his value a little bit.. But obviously if there's a trade out there right now that's even 60 cents on the dollar, BC should pull the trigger

Comment

da_goose09 wrote: View Post
              If he's back, I hope it's only short-lived, and to try to increase his value a little bit.. But obviously if there's a trade out there right now that's even 60 cents on the dollar, BC should pull the trigger
              oh, it's definitely to try to calm things down.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

"hedo: i dont think they will use same system... this sytem didnt work for both part... also its not up to me to ask for trade, its up to between teams in the league... all i want is play basketball and practicing very hard.."

He can be taught! The bloody moron managed to alienate everyone with his last comments and finally someone, probably his agent, told him, "Hedo, you really ought to go play nice, because if Toronto can't find a deal for you, you're playing there again next year". Also, how did the system not work? Does he mean the system where we were one of the offensive teams in the league? Maybe he means on defense, but I doubt it.
                That said I have no problem with Hedo coming back so long as he comes to play, in shape, and willing to work hard and help with the development of our young folks. Say what you want about him, but he did help lead the Magic to the Finals and he is a very skilled veteran player.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I don't care which one is back as long as one of them is gone.

Raps signed Hedo to a five year deal and year one went about as bad as possible. I think year two has tremendous upside potential. If the guy has any pride or self respect at all he will come into camp in great shape and ready to prove that he's not the LVP of the NBA.

Jose is who is he is at this point, a very good back up point guard. Hedo can still be a valuable starting player on this team and will provide needed experience to this young club. I think the raps are going to surprise a lot of people next year and Hedo could be one of the main culprits.

The raps need a point guard desperately. Collison or Lawson would be perfect moving forward and Hedo is an ideal 3 to pair with a young, scoring oriented point guard.

It makes no sense to trade Hedo now, let him play in the FIBA tournament and show he's not washed up. Short of an ACL injury, the guy's trade value can't get any lower so there is no reason to rush him out of town.

Comment

Id rather hedo back and calderon go.....
                    as much as i dont back hedo i think in the right system he can fit and perform, calderon is just brutal all around he cant defend and his "money" jumper has gone to shit....
                    dish the spoiled spanish and than worry about moving hedo if the opportunity comes and is right....

Comment

Good move Hedo. Lets just call this step 1 in your rehab. Now have a good tournament, eat well, dont drink too much, do your wind sprints and we'll see you back here in Oct.

TaTa now.

Comment

I don't have a problem with Hedo returning...He's right, we used his skill set incorrectly. He had just come off a great playoff where he was a pivotal piece with the ball in his hands and then we asked him to be a spot up shooter around a pass-first pointguard and a PF who held the ball for 6-8 seconds each touch.

Whenever we played Orlando, I'd listen to the Orlando feed and the announcers would go nuts about how we were using him incorrectly.

His contract was based on the success he had with the ball in his hands and then we took the ball out of his hands and threw him under the bus.

Of course, he reacted to it like a big tit...and that's what pisses us all off.
                        Last edited by mattscottnelson; Mon Jun 28, 2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

If, and that's a huge if, Hedo plays like he did in Orlando - i.e. as a set up man at SF - then is he maybe a decent fit for what I think the roster will look like next year. Without Bosh this team lacks someone who can create their own shot to draw defences. While he's not particularly efficient, Hedo can create his own shot and if he sells that to defences creates room for others to get theirs. I don't think a quality year from Hedo makes the Raptors anything but a fringe playoff team but maybe it makes them that.

Of course, Hedo could screw us twice. First by failing so miserably and helping to convince Bosh to leave and second by playing well enough once Bosh goes to take this team out of the lottery.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                            Like I said before, Doc... BC has no trade leverage with Turk. Unless he gets a SPECTACULAR offer, it makes more sense to trade one or two of our PG trio away for a defensive perimeter stopper.

Bargs and a rebounder at the front.
                            Turk as point forward.
                            Demar as slasher at SG.
                            Perimeter stopper/shooter at PG position.

We just won't know what Bosh can net us until he picks a team. Unless BC is trying to entice Bosh to stay, I don't see him trading ANYONE until Bosh makes up his mind.

Comment

I really dont mind if Hedo is back, not because i like him for his Diva ways but because if he has a better year with the Raptors this increases the value of him so next offseason or deadline we could trade him off for better assets than what we might be getting right now. Of Hedo pulls clutch and puts on some solid performances Im sure BC will be getting calls from playoff bound teams who might even be willing to give up some picks for him, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X