Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe Calls Bargs & Marco Special

Its all in Italian but they ask him what he thinks of the italian players

Reporter asks : what do u think of Barganani, bellinelli and Danilo ?
    Kobe : I hope everyone back home in Italy are watching they are very special players and very brave players

I dont know what he meant as "special" maybe he meant special needs lol but he ovbiously doesnt watch many Raptor games as we do. He also says he wants to play in Italy someday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvImLGei6eI
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Kobe has been around the block. If he was in Italy (when he made the remarks) he is giving the paesans exactly what they want to hear about their nba countrymen. I think Kobe has ownership in a basketball team there and other business interests. He spends part of his summers there.

I wonder what he meant by "brave" though. Maybe it's an Italian badge-of-honour thing. Or, he wants them to layoff on defending him too closely??? Drumroll please.

Comment

It means they get to ride on this bus:

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

LOL thats helarious !! the interview was done in Africa btw when he and Bynum were there for the US game a couple of days ago. He also says that if was to go play in Italy it would be like in 5 years or something.
        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Haha...

Kobe's just being a politician. He thinks Bargnani and Belinelli are shyte.

Comment

don't forget the helmet.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't think it would be that big of a stretch to see Kobe in Europe after a few more years.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                I don't think it would be that big of a stretch to see Kobe in Europe after a few more years.
                Disagree. I think when he's 35 and finally done with the NBA, he'll want to spend time with his family and relax, not chase players 1/5th his caliber in Europe. He's a competitive guy that'll want to play competitive basketball at the highest level, I don't care if his dad played in Italy.

Comment

Kobe will still be chasing groupies when he retires.

Comment

All three of them are talented offensive players.
                    Some people appreciate that, for a simple reason that
                    you cannot teach talent more than you can teach
                    your girlfriend to grow tits.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      Disagree. I think when he's 35 and finally done with the NBA, he'll want to spend time with his family and relax, not chase players 1/5th his caliber in Europe. He's a competitive guy that'll want to play competitive basketball at the highest level, I don't care if his dad played in Italy.
                      he won't be done til he's 40 he'll take 5 or 6 yrs off adn then he'll go play in europe for a few years into his mid to late 40's.

he'll be the next michael ray richardson except for the kicking out of league because he does to much coke part.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Bargs, Belli and Dani are indeed truly "special" given that they're 3 of very best basketball players in the entire world for having established legitimate, long-term careers in the very best basketball league in the entire world.

Look at it from a biggest possible context: they are 3 of approx. 300 legitimate NBA players among the 6-8 billion people on Earth.
                        RR OG

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          Don't forget that he actually spent some of his childhood growing up in Italy. He actually wore the number 8 (originally) because he grew up watching Mike D'Antoni who also wore the number 8. He is a part owner of one of the teams in the Italian league (Siena?) although 'm not sure if he still is though. So yea I don't see it being such a stretch that he wants to play in Europe at the end of his career.

Comment

santimo wrote: View Post
                            Don't forget that he actually spent some of his childhood growing up in Italy. He actually wore the number 8 (originally) because he grew up watching Mike D'Antoni who also wore the number 8. He is a part owner of one of the teams in the Italian league (Siena?) although 'm not sure if he still is though. So yea I don't see it being such a stretch that he wants to play in Europe at the end of his career.
                            Half the NBA "spent some their childhood" in the hood playing ball on a basket without a net, that doesn't mean they want to go back to it. I hear what you're saying, but I don't see Kobe feeling satisfied with playing inferior competition. Maybe he'll own a team and screw around in practice with them, but seeing him playing the EuroLeague schedule at 45 is a stretch.

Comment

Kobe wouldn't have anything to gain from ending his pro career playing it Italy. And why would he risk tarnishing his legacy? There's absolutely no benefit for him to put himself in a situation where he could be regularly outplayed by an inferior class of players, or get humiliatingly embarrassed by coach with an opposing agenda.

Superstars like Kobe won't make the same mistake Jordan made. And I don't think a superstar like Kobe will raise the bar on legacy-tarnishing mistakes.

We're more likely to see Allen Iverson follow the same career-ending chapters as marginal NBA stars like Stephon Marbury (playing in China) and Antoine Walker (playing anywhere that'll pay him).
                              RR OG

Comment

Working...
                              X