Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here, this is for u heinz:

YES I WOULD BURN A BOSH JERSEY

but then again, i don't own that maggot's jersey and never would. the best day for the raps will be when he signs with someone else and we can get to work. hopefully all u cb ballwashers will go join the 'heatrepublic' or 'cavsforum' or whatever and quit the whining

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Good discussion going, but you guys do realize the comment was a joke right? That being said, I was gullible enough to originally believe it. No one was burning Bosh's jersey. Just a mocking of the all the protests that have been going on for the last couple days.
      I seriously contemplated running down with my old Bosh jersey. He doesn't deserve all the criticism, but everyone in Toronto already hates him and I don't care about him enough to defend him. For all those people who are defending him and justifiably so in many cases, are you really not going to boo that first night he strolls back into town in a new a uniform?

He's leaving Toronto and hasn't been truly honest with the organization or fans for a long time, maybe even longer than we think. He's likely going down as an all time Toronto villain regardless of merit. Everyone is underestimating how smug and arrogant the new super team is going to be whether it be Miami or Chicago. Canada is about to go Jekyll and Hyde on Bosh and almost none of it will have anything to do with abilities on the court. Bron is going to have it worse in Cleveland, but the North American media is about to get a lesson in how petty and small Canadians can be when provoked.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        I seriously contemplated running down with my old Bosh jersey. He doesn't deserve all the criticism, but everyone in Toronto already hates him and I don't care about him enough to defend him. For all those people who are defending him and justifiably so in many cases, are you really not going to boo that first night he strolls back into town in a new a uniform?

He's leaving Toronto and hasn't been truly honest with the organization or fans for a long time, maybe even longer than we think. He's likely going down as an all time Toronto villain regardless of merit. Everyone is underestimating how smug and arrogant the new super team is going to be whether it be Miami or Chicago. Canada is about to go Jekyll and Hyde on Bosh and almost none of it will have anything to do with abilities on the court. Bron is going to have it worse in Cleveland, but the North American media is about to get a lesson in how petty and small Canadians can be when provoked.
        well said dude, well said

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

But that doesn't change the fact that instead of dealing with the matter privately behind closed doors, he's let stuff leak out to the media via Twitter, his friends, and that stupid free-agent summit.
          I'll give you the Twitter posts, and even some of the leaks even though none of it can actually be ever traced back to him. There are enough asses in the media like S.A. Smith to question the validity of any of those stories.

Again, in his position, in order to maximize all his opportunities, he HAS to go out there and play the PR card.

I am not the biggest Bosh fan and I will always be a Raptors fan first regardless of whatever happens, but I don't think Bosh deserves to be booed because he's looking out for his best interests and for the most part, has done so without compromising those of the Raptors organization.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
            ...but the North American media is about to get a lesson in how petty and small Canadians can be when provoked.
            I don't understand why this is something to be proud of.

Lebron James will not be booed in Cleveland, except for maybe 5-6% of the crowd who will be drowned out by cheers.

Comment

Now say while I'm under contract I publicly start asking everyone in the world what they think I should do, thus pissing off the shareholders of my existing company in the process, all the while making my existing company look really bad. Then I (while I'm still under contract) hold a public meeting with employees of other firms where I put myself up for sale, giving the impression to everyone watching that my existing company is crap and that I have zero intention of returning. Not to mention, telling "friends" and media "sources" the same, thus hurting any compensation my company would get for me.

Of course, this is after you bail out on your company when they needed you most.

Look, I understand why Bosh is leaving, as I wrote on ESPN two months ago, Bosh shouldn't be blamed for leaving town, it should be Colangelo who should be held accountable for not dealing with the situation.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...423/chris-bosh

But that doesn't change the fact that instead of dealing with the matter privately behind closed doors, he's let stuff leak out to the media via Twitter, his friends, and that stupid free-agent summit.
              This has nothing to do with the "blame game". Maybe you are like most men that don't live in touchy feely Los Angeles where Metrosexuals dominate the CA scene like palm trees do the streets.

This is all about feelings plain and simple. Some fans go through their whole life and their favorite athletes are nothing more than statistics in box score or highlight reals to ooh and ah over.

Other fans get emotionally involved with their favorite teams and players. After all the word fan is short for fanatic and that is where it comes from.

This is about emotions getting trampled on and in some cases for some fans having their chests ripped open and their hearts stabbed with the lightning fire of hell.

For those fans who Bosh is nothing more than a statistic or storyline then yes their emotion at his leaving is probably no different than it was when he played for the Raptors.

However of those to whom Bosh was an object of adoration and love, yes a lot of fans do actually love their favorite teams and players, they are in a lot of pain right now.

So I say have some respect for the emotions of those going through a very difficult and painful loss.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                Honestly, this is pathetic.

Bosh has done absolutely nothing to deserve this level of hatred. After 7 season in Toronto, Bosh has every right and legitimately acceptable reason to leave the Raps to join a better team suited to his all-star talent, his desire to consistently excel and his lifelong dream to win at least 1 NBA championship. And keep in mind that after 7 seasons, Bosh's career is already more than halfway over.

The worst part about all the negative opinions of Bosh now is the fact that none of us would re-sign with the Raps if we were in his shoes, which makes all of the now negative, hateful critics of Bosh the biggest bunch of fucking hypocrites imaginable.

Fuck all you pieces of shit that organized and attended this "gathering of hypocrites".
                Well said, wouldn't it be funny if BC managed to land Paul or something and Bosh decided to resign and took the Raps deep in the layoffs, then we could see the hypocrites lining up to suck Bosh's dick.

Comment

Vik wrote: View Post
                  I'll give you the Twitter posts, and even some of the leaks even though none of it can actually be ever traced back to him. There are enough asses in the media like S.A. Smith to question the validity of any of those stories.

Again, in his position, in order to maximize all his opportunities, he HAS to go out there and play the PR card.

I am not the biggest Bosh fan and I will always be a Raptors fan first regardless of whatever happens, but I don't think Bosh deserves to be booed because he's looking out for his best interests and for the most part, has done so without compromising those of the Raptors organization.
                  Do you honestly think he needs to play the PR card? He's been bandied around as a big time free agent for two years now and it's pretty much established that he's going to get a max-deal with a team of his choosing (MIA, CHI, HOU etc.) so is there really a need play any cards?

This isn't the same as Roy Halladay leaving town, that guy worked his ass off without any question in every game he played and didn't ever make a public deal about him playing on a losing team. Never. Ever. And he was a far superior baseball player than Bosh is a basketball one. You might think Bosh played hard, but I tend to have a slightly different viewpoint, I thought Bosh didn't make an effort in his first few seasons to get better in the off-seasons, he never developed a post-up game, didn't improve defensively and didn't develop into a leader that he pretended he was. Him going off on Jamario Moon in that Atlanta game was typical of him - pick on the weakest link on the team for making a defensive mistake when you made the same mistake a possession ago.

If you look at his overall contributions to this franchise, there's not much to gloss over. At least Vince took us to the second round, put the Raptors on national TV on NBC, won a dunk contest, made people in US cities by Raptors jerseys, attracted a couple free-agents, Bosh has done none of that and people still want to put him on a pedestal of some sort (not saying you do).

I think he should've told Colangelo at the deadline that he has no intention of re-signing and given him an opportunity to trade him (not S&T) and repay the Raptors for all the money they've given him. People act like his 7 years of service are a HUGE deal when the Raptors have paid him millions for accomplishing nothing (team-wise).

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                    Well said, wouldn't it be funny if BC managed to land Paul or something and Bosh decided to resign and took the Raps deep in the layoffs, then we could see the hypocrites lining up to suck Bosh's dick.
                    hypocrites eh, wow. u must live in oz, but since u r from down under u realize that we can breathe easy...bargs, dd, davis, money weems, johnson, hell maybe even turk will be better off with bosh long gone. being from oz u obviously agree that this team will be better with bargs as our leader too. we agree.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                      arguing with hypotheticals is fun...

would you suck derozan's dick if the raps finished next year in 9th or 10th in the east because that would mean they didnt get any worse even though they lost their "franchise" player?

Comment

Do you honestly think he needs to play the PR card? He's been bandied around as a big time free agent for two years now and it's pretty much established that he's going to get a max-deal with a team of his choosing (MIA, CHI, HOU etc.) so is there really a need play any cards?

This isn't the same as Roy Halladay leaving town, that guy worked his ass off without any question in every game he played and didn't ever make a public deal about him playing on a losing team. Never. Ever. And he was a far superior baseball player than Bosh is a basketball one. You might think Bosh played hard, but I tend to have a slightly different viewpoint, I thought Bosh didn't make an effort in his first few seasons to get better in the off-seasons, he never developed a post-up game, didn't improve defensively and didn't develop into a leader that he pretended he was. Him going off on Jamario Moon in that Atlanta game was typical of him - pick on the weakest link on the team for making a defensive mistake when you made the same mistake a possession ago.

If you look at his overall contributions to this franchise, there's not much to gloss over. At least Vince took us to the second round, put the Raptors on national TV on NBC, won a dunk contest, made people in US cities by Raptors jerseys, attracted a couple free-agents, Bosh has done none of that and people still want to put him on a pedestal of some sort (not saying you do).

I think he should've told Colangelo at the deadline that he has no intention of re-signing and given him an opportunity to trade him (not S&T) and repay the Raptors for all the money they've given him. People act like his 7 years of service are a HUGE deal when the Raptors have paid him millions for accomplishing nothing (team-wise).
                        truer words have never been spoken. this should be printed on t shirts.

Comment

I, for one, won't be booing Bosh when he comes back. I may be booing the NBA's version of the Yankees, but it won't be because he left Toronto.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Guys, could we please lay off the falacio banter. I think we can get our points across without referring to sucking someone's dick.

Comment

This isn't the same as Roy Halladay leaving town, that guy worked his ass off without any question in every game he played and didn't ever make a public deal about him playing on a losing team. Never. Ever. And he was a far superior baseball player than Bosh is a basketball one.
                              Good points. Not directed at you...

If we apply some people's logic to your example, this means we should all hate Halladay for not bringing the Blue Jays any playoff wins.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                arguing with hypotheticals is fun...

would you suck derozan's dick if the raps finished next year in 9th or 10th in the east because that would mean they didnt get any worse even though they lost their "franchise" player?
                                Maybe, he is kinda cute.

Comment

Working...
                                X