Demar DeRozan vs. Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar DeRozan vs. Bargnani

Who should we build around, Demar "Heir Canada" DeRozen or Andrea "Il Mago" Bargnani? This is not a question about who is a better player today or who should our number one option be next season, it's which piece should BC look at and say, "that's the guy we're going to try to compliment and build a team around". There is also the option of other if you want someone else like Ed Davis or maybe Amir.
    I think DeRozen is a better piece to build around, especially since we already have the sort of guys we'd need in Amir, Weems and Ed Davis. I want to ave the youngest most athletic team in the league come next season and I want the reins given to DeRozen.
    Demar DeRozen
    36.00%
    Bargs
    24.00%
    Other
    40.00%
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

you can't build around a 2 guard but that doesn't mean you can't make him your franchise player.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      you can't build around a 2 guard but that doesn't mean you can't make him your franchise player.
      ...his names Kobe. Check him out, he's pretty good.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

His name was Michael Jordan. He was a pretty good 2 guard as well.

Comment

Would also like to add D-Wade to that list...

Comment

You need both to be dominate. Look at the lakers if they didn't have the scoring, defense and rebounding of Gasol the lakers would be a 7-8 team in the west. CHampionship teams have three stars a guard star, a power foward/centre star and a defensive star. You must find three pieces to build around too won a nba championship. So I hope toronto builds around three stars in those positions. I see DeMar as the slasher scorer, barngani your do it everything big man, and maybe amir and sonny develop into defensive stoppers. We need some other pieces and hope these guys develop.

Comment

I think we build around both of them... as u can see from the celtics they build around 3 guys. We had a number 1 guy last year and look where that got us.

Comment

Neither of them has shown anything to be considered a Franchise player Yet.

AB was under the shadow of CB4 and this year is the year that he can come out and show us what he is really made of.

DD also did not show anything spectacular in his rookie season. It will be up to him to come in this year and elevate his game to the next level.

Right now, in Toronto's roaster, there is no real super star, franchise player.

Comment

[QUOTE=Frankthetank;23474]You need both to be dominate. Look at the lakers if they didn't have the scoring, defense and rebounding of Gasol the lakers would be a 7-8 team in the west. CHampionship teams have three stars a guard star, a power foward/centre star and a defensive star. You must find three pieces to build around too won a nba championship. So I hope toronto builds around three stars in those positions. I see DeMar as the slasher scorer, barngani your do it everything big man, and maybe amir and sonny develop into defensive stoppers. We need some other pieces and hope these guys develop.[/QUOTE]

Shit i normally just cruise these forums, but i have to say this man is a dreamer... These guys are all shit on a good team... Weems played good for a couple of games and now he will be a serious guy? If thats one of our better players were in for some serious trouble...

Comment

I would agree their was no super star last year. You don't need a true franchise player to make the playoffs. Look at the celtics, bucks, magic none of them have a player that scores over 20 consistently. All very good teams. The raptors need a team and team players they have lots of guys who can put the ball in the hoop. Its their defense that will make and break the team next year. The Raptors were 6-7 without bosh not much different from them with Bosh. THe raptors will play a different offense next year which will be free flowing not this walk the ball up and pass the ball to bosh in the post. Then you have bargni getting tonnes of mismatches on the pick and roll that they never got him the ball because the ball was going to bosh. the raptors will play more entertaining basketball next year.

Comment

We need some other pieces and hope these guys develop.

thats why I said these guys need to develop into those roles

Comment

Don't know about DD yet, but HELL NO to Bargs he has less cahoonas than Bosh as a franchise player.

Comment

I voted "other" because neither of these guys have shown that they're anywhere close to being franchise players. In fact, right now they're barely good enough to even start and even that's debatable. I would like to believe that in the next year or so, DeRozan will prove himself to be a high quality wing but given his rookie year, he's more role player than superstar so let's not hold our breath. Now Bargnani, it's four years and counting and there haven't been many franchise players that struggled as much as he did in his first four years to suddenly turn it around and become the face of a franchise. Steve Nash comes to mind, but even he was decent his first few years.

Comment

DeMar: New Face Of The Franchise?

This is from DeMar's twitter page:

DeMar_DeRozan's Twitter page about 3 hours ago..

"Don't worry, I got us..."

Could he be referring to being the new face of the franchise?
                            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2545

Merged.

Comment

Working...
                              X