Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Trying To Land Ryan Gomes (Gomes Waived Pg. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: Raptors Trying To Land Ryan Gomes (Gomes Waived Pg. 2)

Ryan Gomes.

Like him?
    I will tell you this: I know from league sources that the Raptors have made a call to see if there’s a trade fit and while it’s doubtful that gets done (it’s in Portland’s best interest, really, to waive him) I know Toronto will see if it can get something done with him in free agency.
    Source: Doug Smith's Blog

I like Gomes, but with a forward heavy team like we are right now I don't think it would be smart to add him unless we're going to use him. Tweener between PF & SF, I don't know if there's enough PT to share right now.

Comment

Unless Reggie is out. Amir and Ed can't play SF. Sonny is best fit to backup DeMar at SG.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Unless Reggie is out. Amir and Ed can't play SF. Sonny is best fit to backup DeMar at SG.
        So Gomes to back up Hedo then? I don't know. I think he'd get lost in the mix some how.

Comment

Maybe but it's better to have that depth than to have to depend on undersized Weems and Belinelli. What if he can be had for Banks?

Comment

This guy is terrible. He was the failed prototype for Glenn Davis.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I know he is very streaky in offence. I actually had him in my fantasy league last year and for few weeks he was producing like a mad man.

I have not seen him on defensive end. How is his rebounding ? How is his defense ?

Comment

Gomes would be good as a backup SF, though really I think the Bosh domino has to fall first. If a S&T with the Bulls goes through, I would think most likely we'd be getting one, maybe 2 SF's back in the process. If we do keep Turk, I'd like whatever SF's that come from the Bulls to come off the bench. Gomes, then, I think would be unnecessary.

Otherwise, for sure. I think he'd be a decent fit. And yeah, he's a better fit at the 3 than Weems or Belli.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                  I know he is very streaky in offence. I actually had him in my fantasy league last year and for few weeks he was producing like a mad man.

I have not seen him on defensive end. How is his rebounding ? How is his defense ?
                  His total game is maybe in a good week about 50% of what Glenn Davis' game is.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Is Glen Davis on the table?

Comment

If the Raptors don't want to make a run for Drew Gooden and want a short squat strong PF they would in my opinion be better off making a run for Craig's List, oops I mean Craig Smith

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...smithcr01.html

Smith made about $2.5 million last season.

I would prefer Gooden over him but I would prefer Smith over Gomes 4sure

Comment

Seven teams in seven years. Drew Gooden sure would fit in with Bryan's philosophy of "every year is a rebuild year."

Comment

I think gomes is way better than glen davis.

Decent numbers when he filled in for jefferson when he got injured. can open the floor with his 3s and is a running big. terrible at defense tho, but if we got amir and davis then it should be fine.

Comment

please someone tell me this is a joke ...
                            like gomez is a piece to the puzzle wtf

Comment

MaGIX wrote: View Post
                              please someone tell me this is a joke ...
                              like gomez is a piece to the puzzle wtf
                              In a land that Amir Johnson is a piece of a Puzzle and DD is considered a franchise player after his rookie year, then I guess Gomez is also a piece of a Puzzle too.

Comment

Working...
                              X