Have We Hit Rock Bottom Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have We Hit Rock Bottom Yet?

Or if we haven't hit rock bottom, how much longer before we do?

Not taking anything away from the Wizards because after all the Wiz have three all-stars, but this was probably our best opportunity beside the Wolves next week to get a win.

I mean, I think we've over-analyzed this team to the point where we're now beating a dead horse. Seriously, I'm lost for words now and don't know what else we can do to improve.

I just can't understand this right now.

Bosh already said it: the is nothing more to talk about anymore. The players just need to go out there and do it.

I agreed with Triano's commitment to consistency for the first two months, but it is time to shake things up. How? I have no clue. I can't think of a starting lineup (Wright is looking increasingly bad) that I want to have though.

Tonight Bargs had a good offensive game. Bosh had a 'decent' but very disappointing showing. Both of them got burned by Jamison all night long though. Turk had better be upset after that game - where is the camel clutch we paid so much money for?

So, yes, we are at Rock Bottom.
    Last edited by verbatim; Tue Dec 1, 2009, 11:04 PM.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
      I agreed with Triano's commitment to consistency for the first two months, but it is time to shake things up. How? I have no clue. I can't think of a starting lineup (Wright is looking increasingly bad) that I want to have though.
      Well, we don't have to worry about that because Jay just said this in the post game scrum and I quote:

I don't think it's our starting lineup, I'm not going make changes.

verbatim wrote: View Post
      Tonight Bargs had a good offensive game. Bosh had a 'decent' but very disappointing showing. Both of them got burned by Jamison all night long though. Turk had better be upset after that game - where is the camel clutch we paid so much money for?
      And yet, both Bosh and Bargnani disappeared in the 4th quarter. And don't even get me started on Hedo. Talk about a momentum killer. His lack of clutchness in the 4th quarter let alone overall on offense has been detrimental to this team. I want our $55 million back because I feel robbed right now?

Comment

Technically, we don't hit rock-bottom until the Nets get their first win against us. But yeah, we're pretty close.

Hedo failed. Couldn't deliver in the clutch and looked awful on defense. Starting to wonder how much of his play last year was because of Orlando's other four guys....yikes.

Comment

verbatim wrote:
          I do feel bad for Triano though. I really can't pin these losses on him. He puts any number of players out there, and they just don't perform. You think if the Raps fire Triano they will play any better?
          Its a combination of both (players and coaching) but the easy way out always is to pin your shortcomings on the coach. This season, I really question the heart and lack of intensity with these guys. There seems to be no sense of urgency both with coaching and with the player's effort on the court.

Comment

Ask this question after the Atlanta game.

My prediction is that the Raptors are going to come out very flat and get a beating of a lifetime by Atlanta.

That game will clearly show that the Raptors as a team already gave up on the season.

Comment

I disagree, feel that Jay is over his head. Great guy to have around the team, but not smart enough to be a head coach in this league.

Even with Marion, the team went 12-15 (.444). Here was an addition that was supposed to be a perfect fit. A player that played defence and did the things the rest of the team did not.

Yet under Jay, the team did worse than Sam Mitchell's rendition at the start of the year. We also had an easier schedule. In that time we lost to the knicks, indianna, and back to backs against Charlotte.

I'm sorry, but I don't think Jay knows what he is doing.
              Last edited by trizzo; Wed Dec 2, 2009, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                Technically, we don't hit rock-bottom until the Nets get their first win against us. But yeah, we're pretty close.
                Upcoming RFF: Dec. 18/09 vs Nets
                RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                  Upcoming RFF: Dec. 18/09 vs Nets
                  You might want to make sure a metal detector is onsite for that night Realizar. If we lose, riots might ensue.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    You might want to make sure a metal detector is onsite for that night Realizar. If we lose, riots might ensue.
                    A loss to the Nets during RFF might be worse than our loss to OKC during a RFF game party last season.

I'll tell my g/f to hide the painkillers before I get home should we lose that game.
                    RR OG

Comment

There are three road games vs EC clubs we planned to be competitive with this year this week.

Losing all 3 would represent rock bottom! And justify starting a Fire Triano chant next Tuesday!
                      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Hmmmm .... perhaps just another step closer to "rock bottom" tonight boys & girls?

Seriously, what on earth is happening to this team and franchise? What's with mediocrity in the City of Toronto?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Hmmmm .... perhaps just another step closer to "rock bottom" tonight boys & girls?

Seriously, what on earth is happening to this team and franchise? What's with mediocrity in the City of Toronto?

Sports teams having nothing to do with how mediocre it is to live in Toronto. lol

Teams often go as their leadership takes them. Bosh does lead, and from today's quotes neither does Triano. Kinda explains why the team isn't going anywhere - and what needs to be done to change that.
                          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Perhaps a change in lineup

It cant any worse from here...can it? so how about bringing in amir, wright and marco off the bench to join demar and bosh as the starting 5.
                            if u actually look at the roster, we got a bunch of slow movers (on their feet i mean) in andrea, jose, rasho, hedo...they just don't have the speed and energy.

Comment

rapfan wrote: View Post
                              It cant any worse from here...can it? so how about bringing in amir, wright and marco off the bench to join demar and bosh as the starting 5.
                              if u actually look at the roster, we got a bunch of slow movers (on their feet i mean) in andrea, jose, rasho, hedo...they just don't have the speed and energy.
                              Wright quite frankly as vocal as he's being right now which I commend him for, doesn't deserve anymore play time than guys like Weems and Pops are getting right now. There was alot of hype coming into this season pertaining to the type of player that Antoine is on the court and all I have to say he that he's one of the biggest, if not the biggest, disappointments on the court this season. He can't create anything on offense; horrible shooter and this so-called fantastic defender he was suppose to be is something I have yet to see.

Bottom line is, some changes need to be made in the starting line-up, but I don't think it has to be that extreme in replacing over two-thirds of the starting five. Just one or at most two line-up tweaks. Anything more and emotions are going to take over and then we'll have even more players sulking and its already bad enough right now.

BTW, welcome to the RR Forum rapfan.

Comment

Working...
                              X