No announcement yet.

Expectations on the Bosh-less Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone please find me 8 better teams in the East than the raptors and then factor in the fact that BC hasn't even started making moves yet.

If they can get Lawson or Collison, I think they easily win the division and get bounced in the first round.

Assuming they get rid or Jose and/or Turk, I would be surprised if they don't win more games than last year.

They won 40 last year with the LVP of the league, a front court that would rather play offense twice than play defense, a rookie sg who looked and acted terrified and just a year later is tweeting 'I got this' (which is a great effing sign), no chemistry between anyone, a still rookie head coach trying integrate 9 new players into a non existent defensive scheme, an unproven Weems and Amir who are now building blocks and a franchise player too busy reading his own box score to understand the fundamental flaws in the team and his role in perpetuating them.

Every single player on the roster from last year is primed to have a better year. Amir, Sonny and Demar should all make significant mini leaps and Bargs if anything should benefit from having a PF who won't leave him hanging on defense and heck might even teach him a thing or two.

The wild cards are potentially Beasley who can replace most of Bosh's scoring and some of his rebounding and all of his deficient leadership qualities and Ed Davis who from everything that I have heard, watched and read provides the kind of rock solid attitude, style and game that this franchise is in desperate need of.

This team isn't anywhere close to contending for anything, but they will be competitive, more balanced and exciting baseline to baseline. Barring injuries they should be fighting tooth and nail for a playoffs spot.

Comment

15 - 20 win team, new Nets of the East next year. This is not a mid-lottery team. welcome to the long haul.

Comment

If NY & NJ do so-so in free agency and one of the old legs
        in Boston breaks, Raps can easily win Atlantic again

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
          Give us a roaster and a win total
          Are you suggesting that the following team:

Jack, Collison, Banks
          Beli, DD
          Weems, Hedo
          Amir, Davis, Regiee, Beasly
          AB and Alabi

Will win more than 40 game ?

Comment

The better question is HOw many game before we start hearing fans Boo this team in ACC ?

Comment

But Tim, you know Bargs is BC's boy. There is nothing, the fans can do to change BC's opinion. Let's just hope "delusional and our team is not far off from contending" BC gets fired or not extended and real GMs like Kevin Pritchard, Steve Kerr or Jerry West are hired.

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
                We won't be awful. We'll once again be a .500 team fighting for 8th.
                Hmm, I don't know what team, you are seeing. This is a 15 win team with 20 wins being the high end. Top 5 pick for Harrison Barnes or Brendan Knight or 6-11 SF baby!

Comment

I predict 40-45 wins and an 8th place playoff seed.

If Cb and wade team up in Miami, I predict they get eliminated first round, and that CB will be off on injury leave for the last 2 mths of the season working on his tan and tweets

Comment

I'm hoping we tank and draft a franchise player to go with our younggunz squad.

Comment

If Bosh is traded to Miami for Beasley, Chalmers, Anthony, Raptors 2011 Pick and a Miami 1st, this would be the first of many trades.
                      Next up Turkoglu and Belinelli is traded to Orlando for Gortat and Pietrus.
                      Next Gortat, Chalmers and a 1st Rd. pick to New Orleans for Okafor and Collison.
                      And finally Calderon, Beasley and 1st to Philly for Iguodala.
                      The roster looks like this:
                      Jack/Collison/Banks
                      DeRozen/Weems
                      Iguodala/Pietrus
                      Bargnani/Johnson, A/Davis/ Evans
                      Okafor/Anthony/Alabi
                      This team makes the playoffs with payroll under $66 million

Comment

WOW. I find it surprising that a lot of post-ers (or should i say posers) wanted Chris Bosh to leave and now given this new Bosh-less team everybody's still throwing this new-look team to the gutter. I mean what the fuck do you guys really want?

I know you guys are going to say we have to be realistic but common, for a minute there i thought i was posting on another team's fan forum. give your home team a bit of credit and ego boost. might as well turn this shit hole to "Anti-Raptors Republic". fuckers.

if you look at the eastern conference, 5 spots are pretty much secured for the playoffs and 3 more spots left for the middle teams to battle it out. i think we have the edge over philly, charlotte, indiana, detroit and washington. so dont give up on this team just yet. we have another $9 trade exception thats coming with the Bosh trade. Like i said, this team might just surprise.
                        Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Jun 30, 2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                          Give us a roaster and a win total
                          Are you suggesting that the following team:

Jack, Collison, Banks
                          Beli, DD
                          Weems, Hedo
                          Amir, Davis, Regiee, Beasly
                          AB and Alabi

Will win more than 40 game ?
                          I don't understand the pessimism, this is the most depth the raptors have ever had. Last season was the one that should have been ripe with despair, too many new faces, too many distractions and too many one dimensional Europeans.

Why does no one else comprehend that Bosh was the problem. Every addition in the last four years was based around surrounding Bosh. The blueprint is no longer a shanty house. Its athletic, young, modern and hopefully dedicated to defense.

Everyone is acting like this is the death rattle of the franchise, its more like the rebirth and that doesn't have to mean a slow rebuild.

BC is the one of the few in the East who gets it. Yes, someone will win the Bron the sweepstakes and thier team will be historically stacked, but every other pseudo free agent other than Wade is a joke. Signing any of Amare, Boozer, Joe Johnson, Pierce or Dirk is going to be a deathblow. The East is screwed, inking guys who are near 30 to max deals and trying to base your franchise around them is the only surefire way to destroy your team. See exhibit Clippers-Baron, 76ers-Brand.

You can't throw out a win prediction when the mural isn't close to finished, but i'll be shocked if they lose more games than last year.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            WOW. I find it surprising that a lot of post-ers (or should i say posers) wanted Chris Bosh to leave and now given this new Bosh-less team everybody's still throwing this new-look team to the gutter. I mean what the fuck do you guys really want?

I know you guys are going to say we have to be realistic but common, for a minute there i thought i was posting on another team's fan forum. give your home team a bit of credit and ego boost. might as well turn this shit hole to "Anti-Raptors Republic". fuckers.

if you look at the eastern conference, 5 spots are pretty much secured for the playoffs and 3 more spots left for the middle teams to battle it out. i think we have the edge over philly, charlotte, indiana, detroit and washington. so dont give up on this team just yet. we have another $9 trade exception thats coming with the Bosh trade. Like i said, this team might just surprise.
                            I'm with you on this bro, so many negative posters out there. This team will have alot of potential, and who knows what deals are yet to unfold. All you CB lovers go get ur angst out somewhere else, lets go into this season with a positive attitude for once, we have a chance to start anew and build something special in Tdot. Stop all the whining and doom and gloom.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Kinda expected a little bit of support from the Admin of a home team's fan forum. But oh well, we all have our bad days i guess.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post

Why does no one else comprehend that Bosh was the problem.
                                Maybe bc most people think he was not and almost dozen GMs in the league are dying to give hi a max money and have him as their starters.

Anyway, let me know when ever you come up with a win total.

Comment

Working...
                                X