Colangelo Not Interested in a Deal Involving Deng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Not Interested in a Deal Involving Deng

BC doesn't want the burden of Deng's heavy contract, so if there is any deal on the table involving Bosh and the Bulls, don't expect Deng to be involved.

The Toronto Raptors have talked to six to eight teams willing to do sign-and-trades for Chris Bosh(notes), but front office sources say general manager Bryan Colangelo has ruled out bringing back the expensive contract of Bulls forward Luol Deng(notes).

Deng has four years and nearly $50 million left on his contract, and the Bulls have been dangling him as part of sign-and-trade possibilities involving Bosh, LeBron James(notes) and Joe Johnson.

Colangelo is working on possible deals, but Bosh ultimately has to want to go to the teams. Besides Chicago, Miami, New York and New Jersey, the Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks are determined suitors for Bosh.
    Source - Click here

I'm so happy to hear that...

I know it's a long shot, but I'm still pulling for BC to nab Scola or Noah...They're the best fit for us in an S&T.

Comment

It means we are keeping Turk, which is ok considering we`re gonna have a ton of young talent.

Comment

Yeah I have a feeling we're going to end up having Turk next season. And keeping him might not be as bad as what people think, considering the kind of young roster we're going to have next season. No one knows what kind of roster we're going to have for next season, but I think Turk is better than Deng and is actually cheaper than him, and if Colangelo can somehow get us a scoring point guard like a Monta Ellis, then we can use Turk more as a point forward.

Comment

I like Deng, but that contract is brutal. If it's true, I certainly don't blame Colangelo for not wanting him. Of course if it meant getting Noah, I'd probably do it.

IceeeD wrote: View Post
          Yeah I have a feeling we're going to end up having Turk next season. And keeping him might not be as bad as what people think, considering the kind of young roster we're going to have next season. No one knows what kind of roster we're going to have for next season, but I think Turk is better than Deng and is actually cheaper than him, and if Colangelo can somehow get us a scoring point guard like a Monta Ellis, then we can use Turk more as a point forward.
          Ugh! What would be the point of getting Ellis? To play with Turkoglu? Great, then what? The team's certainly not going to good, so you're basically building around the idea of being mediocre. The last thing the Raptors need to do is go and and grab specific parts (and expensive ones at that) in order to build around players who you don't even want on the team in the first place. What on earth is the point of that? Can we just forget the idea of trying to remain somewhat competitive? The Raptors don't need to replace Bosh's scoring. They need to build a better team from the bottom up. WHo give a crap who is going to replace Bosh's scoring? That's should be the least of their worries. Their main worry should be creating a good environment for the young players to develop. Keeping a lazy, immature veteran and trading for a no-defense gunner is not the way to do that.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Monta Ellis is a wicked player. Scoring 25ppg on 45% shooting, 5 assists, 2.2 steals.

Are you kidding me?

Comment

Excellent news. I was very worried about Colangelo taking a bad contract like Deng's back.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                BC doesn't want the burden of Deng's heavy contract, so if there is any deal on the table involving Bosh and the Bulls, don't expect Deng to be involved.

Source - Click here
                No surprise. Colangelo traded Deng on his draft day after all.

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                  Monta Ellis is a wicked player. Scoring 25ppg on 45% shooting, 5 assists, 2.2 steals.

Are you kidding me?
                  I'm guessing you probably think Corey Maggette, Zach Randolph and David Lee are wicked players, too. Word of advice, watch a player play, don't just look at his stats.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Personally, I'd rather have Deng than Amare or David Lee. At least Deng plays defense and plays a position the Raptors are weak at. I don't understand trying to get a PF at all.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Personally, I'd rather have Deng than Amare or David Lee. At least Deng plays defense and plays a position the Raptors are weak at. I don't understand trying to get a PF at all.
                      I agree. Aside from Deng's contract, he had a notable positive effect on both offense and defense for Chicago. Both Lee and Stoudemire had slight positive effects on their team's offense, while having notable NEGATIVE effects on their team's defense. And considering what we would have to pay for either Lee or Stoudemire, Deng's contract wouldn't actually be that bad either.

Comment

Working...
                      X