ESPN: Raptors Making a List of S&T Teams, Not Using Bosh's List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: Raptors Making a List of S&T Teams, Not Using Bosh's List

Near the end of the regular season I was told once the Toronto Raptors abandoned hope of re-signing Chris Bosh they would ask him where he wanted to go and then seek out sign-and-trade possibilities with those teams. Last week I was told of a different script, one that involved the Raptors seeking out the best deals on their own, then giving Bosh a list of teams he could go to if he wanted to sign-and-trade to get the most money. The Raptors list might look very different from Bosh's list. Once again, it's going to come down to a choice between money or legacy.
    Linky: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-hour-thoughts

Ha, I'm writing a post for my blog about this very thing. I am of two minds about it.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That list is only a list of teams that the BC is talking to. There is no guarantee that he can come up with a S&T with any of those teams, yet alone a team that is on Bosh's list.

Looking a little more like Bosh may do what I have suggested all along and that is just walk. We shall see.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Yeah, I could see that might happen, too. THAT's what might determine a possible "BOO!!" frenzy if he comes back to Toronto on another team to play us. To just walk, after this franchise made you a better player. I can still remember that first 3-ball he took when VC passed it to him in the right corner, years ago. He took it and made it. THAT's when I think things changed for Bosh. When he took it and made it, the crowd went nuts. And I saw his confidence grow a little from that sequence. I dunno why, but that sticks out for me, alot. It showed our trust in him large, to take a shot like that in crunch time.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

He's not going to just walk, because he could only do so to a team with cap space, in which case Toronto could at least S&T to create a trade exception and he still gets the max max. No way he signs with a team that wont give him year 6 with the CBA renegotiation coming up. A trade exception allows us to basically get any free agents, of the many on the market, that are willing to sign with us, by way of a S&T with the orginal team.

Comment

It's an interesting theory, and I would certainly be curious to find out how/if it affects Bosh's decision-making process with regard to choosing a new team.

However, without finding out who those teams are and what S&T deals the Raps are after, saying that BC has a list is irrelevent. On its own, simply hearing that BC would prefer to deal with certain teams is hardly a revelation.

Comment

Working...
            X