Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami Herald: Bosh to Miami for $16 Million TPE & 1st Round Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Herald: Bosh to Miami for $16 Million TPE & 1st Round Pick?

Here's the latest rumour involving Miami and Bosh.

The eve of free agency offered more convoluted speculation. One potential deal involved Toronto agreeing to send Bosh to Miami, with forward Michael Beasley, guard Mario Chalmers and center Joel Anthony, a native Canadian, going to the Raptors on July 8.

But multiple league sources disputed the deal, including a high-level Raptors source who said the team had no real interest in Beasley or Chalmers. Toronto would, however, consider a $16 million trade exemption and the return of its first-round pick from Miami in the 2009 Jermaine O'Neal trade for a potential Bosh move.

Bosh, who ranks the Heat among his top choices, would lose about $30 million in a guaranteed sixth-year salary if he bolted Toronto without a sign-and-trade deal.
    Source: Click here

This trade makes the most sense for the Raptors because they can wait and seek out the right players.

Comment

Going to Miami

Comment

I kind of like the trade exception too, which hopefully BC can use to get us a starter we need, as opposed to a bunch of bench players (we have so many already).

I'm not sold on Beasley since we already got Bargnani. Then again even if we didn't have Bargs I'm nost sure where he'll fit with Amir and Ed Davis, unless Beasley plays SF.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          This trade makes the most sense for the Raptors because they can wait and seek out the right players.
          Maybe, but it doesn't make sense for the Heat, who are going to need all the draft picks they can get their hands on to try to build a supporting cast for Bosh and Wade.

Comment

common bosh go to houston help the raptors out
            ya dun noe

Comment

It may make sense for the heat to want get this done quickly, they would still have much work to do even with Wade and Bosh on board. Every indication is pointing to them as being in the lead in the Bosh sweepstakes I don't think it is in the best interest of the Heat to stretch this out.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                Maybe, but it doesn't make sense for the Heat, who are going to need all the draft picks they can get their hands on to try to build a supporting cast for Bosh and Wade.
                So they'd rather trade 2 players who are still on their rookie contracts (Beas, Chalmers)and Anthony who comes cheap, instead of sending one draft pick?

Wouldn't that make it harder for them to build a supporting cast?
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  So they'd rather trade 2 players who are still on their rookie contracts (Beas, Chalmers)and Anthony who comes cheap, instead of sending one draft pick?

Wouldn't that make it harder for them to build a supporting cast?
                  I would think that from the Heat's perspective, they'd take the two max contracts and fill out the roster with minimum contracts, which means they need to free themselves of Beasley to have more flexibility.

If they keep Beasley, they have less money for the rest of the roster, and they give up the potential that a future first rounder offers. I think I've got that right. Does it make sense?

Comment

Yep, the getting rid of Beasley part always made sense. Just getting a bit excited about not taking garbage back for Bosh.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Bad contracts and bad players coming in return for Bosh is not what the Raps need. If the team had "chemistry" issues last season with 9 new players in the mix, I can only image what will happen if this team is injected with new players that don't want to be here. The trade exception and getting back our first rounder (would be useful if we are bad next season), is our only hope. This gives the organization a chance in getting the right players to adopt the system and culture.

In any sports, it's not just about the athleticism and bloated payrolls, it's about buying into a system with players that understand their role. Look no further than Utah, San Antonio and the Lakers - they have a system in place and it never waivers year after year, coach after coach or GM after GM. The team needs stability and it starts with the departure of Bosh. Any type of "knee jerk" reaction to this free agent frenzy will ruin this team (which has has yet to form it's identity after being in the league for 15 years).

I would also add OKC in the teams that I used as examples above. The core is intact and only sky is the limit with Durant and company.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                      X