Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is a Suns beat writer

paulcoro

The possiblity of Stoudemire returning to the Suns has been downgraded to "highly unlikely" by one source in the know. 5 minutes ago via web
    http://twitter.com/paulcoro
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Nash Factor anyone? What happen to Marion? he wasn't the same after he left PHX? how would Amare stand alone?

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
        Nash Factor anyone? What happen to Marion? he wasn't the same after he left PHX? how would Amare stand alone?
        Amare is a far better shooter than Marion.

Amare can knock down the face up 15 - 20 footer with very good regularity. A big doesn't need a guard like Nash to get him the ball for 15 - 20 foot jump shots. All he needs is someone to set a screen for him which in this case would be Amir.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
          If Bargs realizes he needs to get tougher and starts to rebound he could be an elite player in this league without a doubt. He has all the talent in the world and could be in a completely different league than amare.
          And if Amir Johnson learns to score more and foul less, he could be MVP!!!!

IT'S BEEN FOUR YEARS!!! IT'S NOT HAPPENING!!!

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          I posted the link and story without commenting on whether I think it would be a good move to acquire Amar'e.

I agree with those who would rather see Bargnani rather than Amar'e play for the Raptors especially if Johnson starts. Bargnani and Johnson played pretty good together last year and i would think they would only get better playing together over time.
          Are any of the same people who are suggesting Bargnani for Amare any of the same people that are saying Bargnani is untouchable?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That assumes that the Raptors can get one.

Of course you are correct if the Raptors could get the TPE from the Heat for Bosh then they could use that however I am not sure that the Suns would do that unless Amar'e said he won't sign with them unless they trade him. I don't think that that is his position. So I don't see the Suns taking the TPE unless there is another player that they could use it on in 2010-11. Otherwise they are screwed for 2010-11 if all they get for Amar'e is a TPE that they can't use in 2010-11.
            As with any cap team potentially losing a big chunk of salary, It's all about maintaining cap flexibility. Unless the Suns are giving up entirely on contending, the TPE will be useful to them in the case that Amare goes to a cap team that doesn't have the assets the Suns want in return. If they want to retool, they will need the TPE to maintain roughly the same level of payroll as before.
            Last edited by Quixotic; Fri Jul 2, 2010, 02:58 AM.

Comment

we already signed amir. so can we still sign amare.
              ya dun noe

Comment

The Raptors could throw in Evans to balance it close enough to work. $13 million vs $16.9 million new max contract 56.1 X 30%

13 x 1.25 = 16.3 + .1 = $16.4 plus $500K cash or Bargnani + Banks + Belinelli. Though I would prefer not give up Belinelli.
                also maybe the addition of amar'e may convince bosh to stay
                ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                  also maybe the addition of amar'e may convince bosh to stay
                  You're joking right?

That is sarcasm, correct?
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

And if Amir Johnson learns to score more and foul less, he could be MVP!!!!

IT'S BEEN FOUR YEARS!!! IT'S NOT HAPPENING!!!

Gasol has been in the league since 01 and he finally realized that he needed to get tougher as he said in the playoffs. Players change and evolve during their careers so it could happen.

Comment

Ok, that's a bad example. Gasol has not improved skill-wise since moving to the Lakers. I would have used an example of a young forward coming out straight out of high school who suddenly "got it" three or four years after entering the league. Jermaine O'Neal is a good example. That said, Amir is still only like 22 years old and he has lots of time to grow as a player. I just am baffled how some people can come out and state with such strong conviction that he's going to nail this or that this season. Amir has been very slowly improving year to year. If you're looking for a trend, it's slow but steady improvement. How on earth can anyone come out and strongly suggest that he's going to buck the current trend he's set?

Comment

Working...
                      X