Rockets Offering Ariza, Battier, Scola in Sign-and-Trade Deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    The Houston Rockets would like to snag one of the top free-agent power forwards, such as Chris Bosh(notes) or Amar'e Stoudemire(notes), but it would have to do a sign-and-trade deal in order to get under the salary cap.

Source http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,253093

Ariza, Battier and Scola for Bosh? I think that would definitely make us a better team.
    Hello, BC, I need their draft pick(1 first and 1 second round pick for next year), large TPE, Budinger and Jordan Hill and we are in business.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Good trade on paper, but would leave the Raps with a glut of PF (Scola, Johnson, Davis and Evans) and SF (Turkoglu, Ariza, Battier).

If I were BC, I would try to do a 3-way trade with New Orleans, to wind up with Paul & Okafor. I'm not sure who exactly would go where, but between the assets Toronto would get from Houston and assets they already have to offer (players/picks/expiring contracts), I think a pretty decent package could be put together (in addition to taking Okafor's contract) to get Paul, who is rumored to have requested a trade.

Talk about 'young guns', how good would a core of Paul, Bargnani, Johnson, Ariza, DeRozan, Davis, Weems and Alabi look???
      Actually, if I were BC, I would get Budinger, Jordan Hill, first and second round pick and a large TPE. Pass the TPE to New Orleans for Collison(young PG, not Paul, I like Paul but he would not like a rebuilding situation) and Posey or Okafor(depends on if we sell Turkoglu, even if he returns, Posey is the better option, could start and be a perimeter defender and space the floors with his 3s or could come of the bench for Turkoglu with the same defensive mentality). Trade expiring contracts(reggie evans, marcus banks, belinelli) to team under cap for TPE and pass to Kings since they have their starting center in Demarcus Cousins(and a viable back-up in Hassan Whiteside) for Sam Dalembert and we are set.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
        Sounds good, although one of the assets I want most from Houston are those NY draft picks. If NY strikes out in this FA period, those are going to be some high lottery picks. We could use Scola at C as well, which makes him a much better fit than Hill.
        Nice thinking, Octothorp, I am thinking the Knicks are going to be the laughing stock during this free agency.. The Knicks will suck again next year and getting those New York draft picks will be really important.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
          Nice thinking, Octothorp, I am thinking the Knicks are going to be the laughing stock during this free agency.. The Knicks will suck again next year and getting those New York draft picks will be really important.
          I swear the Knicks are like the Leafs but in Basketball.
          At least Leafs are gonna be progressing haha.
          I still don't know which one of the top tier FAs are gonna sign with NY.. The Knicks are going to end up signing some random people

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Then why is it that the Rockets are said to be a long shot? You can't will Bosh to want to choose the Rockets, who are an inferior choice compared to playing with the Bulls or teaming Wade and/or James. Hell, the Lakers are a far better option than the Rockets for Bosh.
            There is of course no question that Bosh has been "biased" towards playing with Wade &/or LJ. And of course the media has been running with that angle for a year now at least. I think there is some gumming up of the Miami troika thing happening...or it would have been done about now...whats the holdup if it was such a slam dunk (at least Wade & Bosh). Amare has come into play and the rumour about questioning Bosh in Miami. Do you really think (without any f/as) that Chicago is a better team than Houston going forward? LA in my view was always a long shot. Now that they won its even longer. I cannot figure how Bosh would make that team better by deleting Bynum (even at 70%).

Anyway, I admit it is a bit wishful of me...but other than a Noah return from Chi. Houston would be best for the Raps and I dont believe its a stretch that it's a good place for Bosh on many levels. Circumstances might yet conspire that Houston be the only place he could get the S&T max. Ironic because they dont have cap space ! Would you be surprised if Miami & Chi. are not offering Bosh a 6 yr. absolute max (thru s&t)?

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
              Actually, if I were BC, I would get Budinger, Jordan Hill, first and second round pick and a large TPE. Pass the TPE to New Orleans for Collison(young PG, not Paul, I like Paul but he would not like a rebuilding situation) and Posey or Okafor(depends on if we sell Turkoglu, even if he returns, Posey is the better option, could start and be a perimeter defender and space the floors with his 3s or could come of the bench for Turkoglu with the same defensive mentality). Trade expiring contracts(reggie evans, marcus banks, belinelli) to team under cap for TPE and pass to Kings since they have their starting center in Demarcus Cousins(and a viable back-up in Hassan Whiteside) for Sam Dalembert and we are set.
              Houston can't send back a trade exception because they're already over the cap. That pretty much kills the rest of your post, unfortunately.

Bendit wrote: View Post
              There is of course no question that Bosh has been "biased" towards playing with Wade &/or LJ. And of course the media has been running with that angle for a year now at least. I think there is some gumming up of the Miami troika thing happening...or it would have been done about now...whats the holdup if it was such a slam dunk (at least Wade & Bosh). Amare has come into play and the rumour about questioning Bosh in Miami. Do you really think (without any f/as) that Chicago is a better team than Houston going forward? LA in my view was always a long shot. Now that they won its even longer. I cannot figure how Bosh would make that team better by deleting Bynum (even at 70%).

Anyway, I admit it is a bit wishful of me...but other than a Noah return from Chi. Houston would be best for the Raps and I dont believe its a stretch that it's a good place for Bosh on many levels. Circumstances might yet conspire that Houston be the only place he could get the S&T max. Ironic because they dont have cap space ! Would you be surprised if Miami & Chi. are not offering Bosh a 6 yr. absolute max (thru s&t)?
              Actually, I think the MEDIA has been biased about Bosh playing besides Wade or LeBron. Who knows what Bosh's thoughts have been, because most of the rumours so far have been proven to be untrue.

I think Noah would be everyone's wet dream, but unless LeBron signs with Chicago, and Chicago is desperate to add Bosh, I don't see them agreeing to part with him. I think if Chicago DOES sign LeBron and want to do a sign and trade for Bosh, I think Colangelo should demand Noah if for no other reason than to weaken Chicago a little.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If there is any truth to this at all and Bosh is agreeable it is perhaps the steal of the century and the Raps will be a significantly better team than they were with RuPaul, which is why I doubt this will eer happen.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  I think if Chicago DOES sign LeBron and want to do a sign and trade for Bosh, I think Colangelo should demand Noah if for no other reason than to weaken Chicago a little.
                  Definitely. And stating you want absolutely no part of Deng (true or not) is a good start. They can keep Taj Gibson for all I care, as long as we get Noah. If they really want us to take Deng, give us a few future 1st rounders to soften the cap obligation. :-p

Comment

the only problem with this is sure you can offer us the best deal btu we have no control over where bosh is going bosh is batman and bryan's robin right now or maybe even bat girl.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      the only problem with this is sure you can offer us the best deal btu we have no control over where bosh is going bosh is batman and bryan's robin right now or maybe even bat girl.
                      The lack of control is already a given in regard to Bosh. And Bryan is not Robin; he is more like the old, dusty bat-cave that has to wait around for Batman to decide to come back rather than finding a newer, better bat-cave.

Comment

Would BC not be Alfred then?
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                          This conversation has turned far too homoerotic for my taste.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            Doubtful, since I think Alfred would get to go along with Batman to the new pad. If anyone is Alfred, it would be Hadi.

Comment

Working...
                            X