Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Las Vegas Summer League Thread (Raptors Get Great Reviews, See Pg. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Summer League Thread (Raptors Get Great Reviews, See Pg. 8)

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

LOL we live in the 21'st century. We need a Camcorder. By the way how can you watch the games if you havent subscribed to NBA broadband?
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Stickied

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
        LOL we live in the 21'st century. We need a Camcorder. By the way how can you watch the games if you havent subscribed to NBA broadband?
        You might be able to find them free somewhere on the Net
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I think the roster below is incomplete. Also the Raptors summer league coach is not listed. If anyone can find the complete roster please post.

Dee Brown and Ronald Dupree - LOL

Toronto Raptors Summer League Roster
          ------------------------------------------------------
          PG - Curtis Stinson, Dee Brown

SG - Sonny Weems, David Kool

SF - DeMar DeRozan, Ronald Dupree

PF - Ed Davis, Joey Dorsey

C - Solomon Alabi

Coach -

Toronto Raptors Summer League Schedule
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          7/10 vs Phoenix
          7/13 vs Houston
          7/14 vs New York
          7/16 vs Sacramento
          7/17 vs New Orleans

All teams rosters and schedules on link

Comment

Wow, Dupree must have an inside man on the team. He has received (and accepted) summer league invites for quite a few summers in a row now, IIRC.

And aside from Sacremento (and maybe Houston), it looks like we got some of the worst (in terms of players drafted recently) summer league teams to play against. :-p

Comment

So far I don't see this guy on the roster

Comment

From Eric Koreen

# Eric Koreen ekoreen

#Raptors summer league roster: Bobby Brown, Curtis Stinson, Michael Roll, Dorsey, DeRozan, Ronald Dupree, Weems, Cheikh Samb, Ed Davis...

# ekoreen

#Raptors summer league roster cont'd: ... James Mays, Soloman Alabi. Eric Hughes will coach, with Micah Nori and Alvin Williams assisting 10 minutes ago via web
                Chiekh Samb - I luv this guys game. Come on Chiekh we know that you can make the Raptors rosters.

http://twitter.com/ekoreen
                Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Jul 5, 2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Raptors Announce 2010 Las Vegas Summer League Roster

July 5, 2010

The Toronto Raptors announced Monday their 11-man roster for the 2010 Las Vegas Summer League. First-round draft pick Ed Davis and second-round pick Solomon Alabi will join Raptors DeMar DeRozan, Sonny Weems and Joey Dorsey on this year’s squad.
                  Roster includes Michael Roll - Holy jumping whatever. He was one of my favorite Bruins last season. However, his chances of sticking with a NBA team this year are about as good as Lebron signing with the Clippers.

cont on link including full roster with height, weight, birth date, college, NBA years experience.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/summ...ter070510.html
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Jul 5, 2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Why no Banks in the Summer League roster?

Today, I was looking at the summer league roster in the Solomon/Alabi press and noticed that Banks wasn't listed in it.
                    Is that something we could look at to see if something is developing towards getting rid of him or they're just giving other players a chance?

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
                      Today, I was looking at the summer league roster in the Solomon/Alabi press and noticed that Banks wasn't listed in it.
                      Is that something we could look at to see if something is developing towards getting rid of him or they're just giving other players a chance?
                      He's an old guy. Old guys need more rest and recovery time. Old guys don't need to go bouncing around in partyland with all the kiddies. Old guys would rather hang out in the shade with a brew.

Signed - An Old Guy.

Comment

He turns 29 this year and is making 4.5 million dollars. That is why he isn't on the summer league teams. They are reserved for rookies, young players and guys trying to earn a contract, or get their contract option guaranteed(Joey Dorsey)

Comment

Toronto Raptors Summer League Roster

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/summ...ter070510.html

No. Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Birthdate College/Country NBA Exp.
                          3 Bobby Brown G 6-2 175 09/24/1984 Cal State-Fullerton 2 Years
                          5 Curtis Stinson G 6-3 215 02/15/1983 Iowa State Rookie
                          8 Michael Roll G 6-5 200 04/12/1987 UCLA Rookie
                          9 Joey Dorsey F/C 6-8 268 12/16/1983 Memphis 2 Years
                          10 DeMar DeRozan G/F 6-7 220 08/07/1989 USC 1 Years
                          21 Ronald Dupree G/F 6-7 210 01/25/1981 LSU 5 Years
                          24 Sonny Weems G/F 6-6 203 07/08/1986 Arkansas 2 Years
                          31 Cheikh Samb C 7-1 245 10/22/1984 Senegal 2 Years
                          32 Ed Davis F 6-10 227 06/05/1989 North Carolina Rookie
                          33 James Mays F 6-9 230 03/08/1986 Clemson Rookie
                          50 Solomon Alabi C 7-1 237 03/21/1988 Florida State Rookie

Summer League Head Coach
                          Eric Hughes (Cal State-Haywood)

Summer League Assistant Coaches
                          Alvin Williams (Villanova)

Comment

Hey Hotshot and playmaker, incase your wondering where your threads ended up, they're here in the "Summer League" thread.

Comment

Looks like Dorsey, Alabi and Samb will compete to be that fifth big coming off the bench for next year roster.

Other then that I don't see any Jamario Moon's type's invitees getting notice, maybe Curtis Stinson could be as a third backup guard if they get rid of Marcus Banks.

Comment

Working...
                              X