"Star" Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Star" Treatment

If some MIRACLE (or in other opinions disaster) occurs where Chris Bosh decides to resign with the Toronto Raptors (I know this is HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely) WHAT will the fans think? Will the fans appreciate him? Is it possible for the Raptor fans to embrace him like we once did after all the events that have occurred throughout this free agency period?

drizzy wrote: View Post
    If some MIRACLE (or in other opinions disaster) occurs where Chris Bosh decides to resign with the Toronto Raptors (I know this is HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely) WHAT will the fans think? Will the fans appreciate him? Is it possible for the Raptor fans to embrace him like we once did after all the events that have occurred throughout this free agency period?
    it would be hard to appriciate him after he treated us like a bitch when he was a free agent i would especially feel bad if every team rejects him and he comes crawling back to us
    ya dun noe

Comment

well i highly doubt the fact that there would be ZERO teams out of the possible 29 other teams will reject the chance of having a player with Chris Bosh's talent level. So I would really doubt the chance of Chris Bosh returning because other teams did not want him. Im pretty sure that if Miami does not want him, Chicago will, if not Chicage New York, if not New York Houston, etc etc.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
        i would especially feel bad if every team rejects him and he comes crawling back to us
        This is not happening. And so far, teams *want* him so if he comes back anyway, it's hardly crawling back to us. You obviously have no faith in your own city (not that I think he will come back, but if he comes back it will be because he likes Toronto). =P

Anywho, it would probably be fine, since the fans that are pissed off at him right now are probably many of the same ones who were ripping his worth during the season anyway.

Comment

Unless he gets drunk tonight and starts sending out racist/homophobic/etc tweets, there's no way he's coming back to Toronto. Not because BC wouldn't love to have him, because it seems pretty crystal clear that he has no intention of returning.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
            Unless he gets drunk tonight and starts sending out racist/homophobic/etc tweets, there's no way he's coming back to Toronto. Not because BC wouldn't love to have him, because it seems pretty crystal clear that he has no intention of returning.
            I am not sure so sure that BC would love to have him. Of course he has to say things like that to media and in pressers. However, Bosh has some serious knee problems which I am sure BC is aware of. Bosh is a definite long term health risk.

We have no idea what if anything BC has offered Bosh in terms of a deal. It could be he only offered a few years guaranteed and after that the money was tied into minutes played. We don't know.

What we do know is

1. Bosh is an above average medium to long term health/injury risk for a NBA player of his age.

2. Even today Bosh cannot keep up with "Young Gunz" when on the court. They have to slow their game down when they play with him.
            Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Jul 3, 2010, 12:11 PM.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

To be honest, i think with the recent movement BC has made for the "post Bosh era" it would be a mistake for the Raptors to resign Bosh...

We are beginning to head in the direction of more running as opposed to half court sets with the likes of Demar, Sonny, Amir, etc. and also a youth movement.. By adding Bosh we would complicate the state of the franchise...

By resigning Bosh would the Raptors be rebuilding or trying for a championship? with Bosh the Raptors are NO WHERE close to being good enough for contention.. BUT with Bosh the Raptors are also not bad enough to begin a rebuilding phase.. and with BC's contract ending... HE CANNOT afford to resign bosh and not try for a championship.

If we do resign Bosh that almost guarantees ATLEAST another two years of mediocrity and confusion as to where the franchise is heading.

Resign Bosh = Confusion = mediocrity

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                I am not sure so sure that BC would love to have him. Of course he has to say things like that to media and in pressers.
                Yeah, you're right. It would be amusing if BC lowballs him if Bosh ends up souring the other teams interest.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I wouldn't accept him and neither should anyone else. He'll only return to Toronto because we can give him an extra year and an extra 30 million. He'll only be here because of the money, not because of the team, city, or helping us win games.

Comment

i think i still would like bosh to play for toronto, and the one thing i do not understand is that he will not be able to retire his jersey with another team like(chicago,miami, new jersey) except for the raptors because he already has all the records like points and rebounding.Take Kevin Garnett for example, i understand that he loves winning, but he got to like 19 000 points, won mvp and then went to another team because his previous team had no hope. Bosh is not aging right now and he said himself that he wanted to be mvp and stuff like that, but its not gonna happen with a player better than him. So my advice to him is to come back where a place really needs a star that is young and already has almost all the franchise records.
                    http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

It makes me laugh how Bosh is making it seem like hes doing Toronto a favour with a sign and trade. Who wouldnt want the extra year and 30 million? I wouldnt except him back unless he took a pay cut. Wasting cap space on this guy is pointless, its not like he can take you to the next level. The way hes been acting waiting four years for this shows how much he wanted out of Toronto. Good riddance.

Comment

Working...
                      X