No announcement yet.

ESPN: Raptors Losing Interest in Doing a Deal with Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The owners hijacked the Supersonics. MLSE won't get rid of their monopoly cash cow in Toronto.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
      Wow. you are still in denial here about potentially losing the franchise after all the sucking.. I know you will point to the fans next year, being the 6th or so most profitable franchise in the NBA. that will all disappear when the team becomes the next Jays. the maple leaf fans sell-out of games is an anomaly.. Once, the league makes no profit from the franchise and it becomes the timberwolves, the fact that it is in Canada makes it easier for David Stern to move the franchise. And if you are still in denial, ask the Seattle fans that got their franchise moved to a small market team and they don't have an NBA team as a big market city.
      The team has made the playoffs twice in the last 8 years. It's not as if the Raptors have been a good team. The Raptors are always going to get fans and the franchise will always make money. Toronto, despite being in Canada, is one of the more desirable markets in North America. Comparing it to Seattle is silly. It's a major, major corporate centre, it's a direct pathway for the NBA to 30 million potential fans, and has one of the bigger direct markets in the league. The Raptors also have some of the more rabid and enthusiastic fans in the league. Losing the NBA in Canada would be a massive blow to the NBA.

No other city that does not have an NBA team already, including Seattle, would be nearly as appealing as Toronto is. No city is even close to the size, or has access to the corporate money that Toronto does.

Seattle was hijacked by the owners, yes, but it also was in a faceoff with the city council over a new arena. And Seattle will most likely have another franchise within 5 years, either by expansion or a team moving there. There are simply not that many viable markets in the US. Memphis and New Orleans have proven that. Hell, even Atlanta doesn't get fans even when the team does well and they're a very big market.

Claims that the Raptors might move to the US are, quite frankly, based out of fear, pessimism and ignorance. The argument that they might move holds absolutely no merit whatsoever.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Did we seriously compare Toronto to Seattle?

Comment

I don't understand where this post is coming from.,the raptors are upset because Bosh twitter too much? it certainly doesn't seem like much on the grand scheme of things.
          I can see the raps being upset if he's tweeting during work hours, and if he's skipping work to tweet, but tweeting during his free-time ?
          In addition,
          Tweets are put out there for people to read, but we as readers do have the option of not reading them, it seems funny that the organization who keeps checking on Bosh's tweet would be upset that he's tweeting too much.
          Why don't Bosh just removed BC from his followers list so BC doesn't get overstimulated from his (Bosh) posting, THERE !, problem solved.

Comment

I think the Raptors are perturbed because reading Bosh's tweets is currently the only form of communication they have with him, and it's all one way.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

They should just renounce him

Comment

Not in the nba !

Hassan wrote: View Post
                this is bad for us i think the raptors need to swallow there ego and just make a deal something is better then nothing
                Something is NOT better than nothing in the NBA, where you have a salary cap... taking bad contracts back is something... do you really want to take bad contracts that will handcuff out franchise for the next few years just so u can say you got something instead of nothing ??

Comment

Working...
                X