Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Lebron & D-Wade Really Need Bosh's Company to Win a Title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Lebron & D-Wade Really Need Bosh's Company to Win a Title?

So I'm really tired of hearing how Bosh + Lebron + D-Wade team would be a "dream team", but I am really wondering whether you can have 3 all-star guys in a team who want the ball in their hands at all times co-exist with each other...

I know that people are drawing comparisons to the big 3 in Celtics, but I really see no similarities between the two situations. In Celtics, you have very different players who can compliment each other... Ray Allen and KG play off other players while Pierce can distribute and play more of a 1-on-1...

In this situation, we would have all three guys wanting the ball in their hands for the majority of the shot clock in order to be effective, and looking at past all-star games, I would say that there is some good chemistry between D-Wade and Lebron who would make each other better. So I think both Lebron and Wade would prefer playing with each other rather than with Bosh.

BTW, Bosh would really be the third option who would really be slowing down the team's tempo more than anything else.. having him in the same team would be an over the top move that can result in further conflicts because you'd have same types of players despite being at different positions...

LOL If I was Lebron, I would wait until Bosh signs somewhere (either Miami or Bulls) and then tell D-Wade to accompany me in a different team so that there'd be just enough skill set available from the two to overcome any other team in the NBA. I would feel like having to sacrifice some scoring opportunities for myself to feed Bosh the ball for him to take contested fadeaway J's..
    Last edited by playmak3r5; Sun Jul 4, 2010, 01:02 PM.

I say LBJ + Wade should be enough to be a serious threat to the East, with Boston eyeing the retirement golf tournment, only Orlando and maybe ATL have any real shot at the East. I think the question is "Is LBJ + Wade = Lakers? or would Bosh need to be in the building for the Lakers (and indeed some Western teams) to fail? I actually have no idea. I say yes, but you never know.
    When you walk through a storm, Keep your head up high, And don't be afraid of the dark.
    At the end of the storm, Is a golden sky, And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
    Walk on, Walk on
    With hope in your heart
    AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Comment

Honestly, I hope they all go their separate ways. There is no way for them to really come out on top if they all team up. They will pretty much be expected to win it all and blow out pretty much every team but the Lakers out of the water. They can only meet or fall disastrously short of expectation.

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
        Honestly, I hope they all go their separate ways. There is no way for them to really come out on top if they all team up. They will pretty much be expected to win it all and blow out pretty much every team but the Lakers out of the water. They can only meet or fall disastrously short of expectation.
        Agreed. And I'm surprised no one is talking about who might COACH them. Which coach in the league really has the ability to coach all three guys, run plays for all of them, manage their minutes, etc. To me the best coaches are already committed to teams (Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers, Stan Van Gundy). Unless Pat Reily decides to coach again in Miami..

Comment

bosh is the best number two guy with amare very close second.

i don't know cause amre is coming back from an injury and getting healthier well bosh is starting to wear down.

anyways, wade and lebron on the same team could have darko as there pf and still win a title. wader doesn't get hyped up asmuch as he used to so i think he wouldn't have a problem with it.

but,i think it's going to be amare with lbj and wade with bosh. i'm feeling miami and new york but i'm not sure. i'm almost positive that lbj and wade won't play together though.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBJ andwade would be counter prodcutive both need the ball in there hands to get stuff done. i think either bosh with lebron or wade would be good you need a talented post player like a gasol type which would be bosh i think if bosh lebron and dwight could team up that would be the ultimate team
            ya dun noe

Comment

They really only need a stud defensive 4/5 and a point guard who can defend, which isn't hard to come by and they are pretty much guaranteed a title.

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
                They really only need a stud defensive 4/5 and a point guard who can defend, which isn't hard to come by and they are pretty much guaranteed a title.
                does anybody know when dwight is a free agent?
                ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                  does anybody know when dwight is a free agent?
                  2012-2013 at the earliest. 2013-2014 if he picks up his player option.

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
                    In this situation, we would have all three guys wanting the ball in their hands for the majority of the shot clock in order to be effective, and looking at past all-star games, I would say that there is some good chemistry between D-Wade and Lebron who would make each other better. So I think both Lebron and Wade would prefer playing with each other rather than with Bosh.
                    Uh, yeah, let's not compare All-Star games like they're representative of how the 82 regular season games are played, much less playoff games.

If anything, I think Wade and Bosh is a better fit than Wade and LBJ. Both Wade and LBJ have had their respective teams run the game through them, and while one could argue the same for Bosh, it was mostly a matter of necessity on the Raptors and even then his usage rate was 15-17% less than either Wade and James. If the Raptors had someone like Wade, or even Monta Ellis, on their team, Bosh would not have been the go-to guy every time the Raptors needed a basket. And if Bosh joins up with LBJ and or Wade, rather than a team like Toronto or Houston, it will be pretty clear he doesn't want to be the go-to guy as often as he has been the past few seasons.

Bosh did just fine on Team USA with all the other top players and if he were to team up with LBJ and Wade, I'd imagine his role to be similar to that -- 3rd option, offensively gifted trash man -- and not the meaningless All-Star game where absolutely no defense is played and players just goof around.

But no, of course they don't need Bosh to win a title. And if they had the right supporting cast, neither Wade or James would need each other either.

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
                      So I'm really tired of hearing how Bosh + Lebron + D-Wade team would be a "dream team", but I am really wondering whether you can have 3 all-star guys in a team who want the ball in their hands at all times co-exist with each other...

I know that people are drawing comparisons to the big 3 in Celtics, but I really see no similarities between the two situations. In Celtics, you have very different players who can compliment each other... Ray Allen and KG play off other players while Pierce can distribute and play more of a 1-on-1...

BTW, Bosh would really be the third option who would really be slowing down the team's tempo more than anything else.. having him in the same team would be an over the top move that can result in further conflicts because you'd have same types of players despite being at different positions...

LOL If I was Lebron, I would wait until Bosh signs somewhere (either Miami or Bulls) and then tell D-Wade to accompany me in a different team so that there'd be just enough skill set available from the two to overcome any other team in the NBA. I would feel like having to sacrifice some scoring opportunities for myself to feed Bosh the ball for him to take contested fadeaway J's..
                      I can understand why LeBron and Wade are intrigued in Chicago without Bosh. They have Noah there that does not need the ball in his hands to get his points, most of his points are through putbacks or dunks.

Comment

Working...
                      X