The Overreaction "If Bosh Leaves With Nothing in Return" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Overreaction "If Bosh Leaves With Nothing in Return" Thread

with all the moves the Knicks, Nets are making plus the Sixers with Turner and the Celtics are already a good team, the division is a whole lot better than it was two years ago, and the Raptors have the weakest roster right now, and it seems like BC is hating on Pat Riley and he doesnt want to help the Heat and the Raps arent liking what Bosh is doing on twitter and stuff so it IT ALL BLOWS UP RAPS FANS ..THE BOSH ERA IS OVER,,,,,,,,,WHATS NEXT

Take a deep breath and walk away from the ledge. We'll be fine.

Comment

OMG TIME TO MOVE THE FRANCHISE!

Uh, not.

I like that this freak out happens every year. Philadelphia and Washington were supposed to be very strong last year too, if you recall. Most experts picked Philadelphia and Washington to be ahead of us because of the moves they made. I guess this is why we actually play the games, eh?

The Knicks and Nets have yet to make any real moves either. If you think getting rid of CDR, Dooling and Yi and replacing them with Ross, Damion James, Favors, Uzoh and Zoubek automatically makes the Nets better much better than the 12-win effort they put out last year, then you are deluded.

Why don't we wait 'til at least when the FA signing moratorium is lifted, if not the start of the season, and see what happens before declaring the sky is falling.

Comment

P.S. I had to edit the title of your thread to something more suitable.

Comment

HAHAHA, nice edit, Doc.

LMAO.

And even if we don't have a contending team next year, I'd be happy watching a team of youngsters compete and play hard.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
            And even if we don't have a contending team next year, I'd be happy watching a team of youngsters compete and play hard.
            Exactly .... if there aren't any considerable moves left to be had this summer and what we have now if the jist of what we're working with this fall, then my expectation will be nothing more than 30 wins. Like you, I too will enjoy watching the development of young guys like Davis, Amir, Sonny and DeMar.

Comment

Not much difference between losing 40 games a season and 50 games a season anyway. At least if we lose, let's lose the right way!

Hope also does wonders.

Comment

Totally agree

Comment

Not much difference between losing 40 games a season and 50 games a season anyway. At least if we lose, let's lose the right way!

Hope also does wonders.
                  Yup, outside of my 30 win prediction I will have no expectations. None at all. Which will be refreshing for a change because I'm tired of these teams letting us down year in, year out.

Comment

Being shit but entertaining is better than having that same crappy feeling at the end of the year when they took a nose dive and missed the playoffs.

Comment

I like to direct your attention to the 2010 Blue Jays.

1)Traded away their ace for a bunch of prospects that aren't contributing this year.
                      2) Many experts pegged us to be last in AL East, and quite a few think we'll get 100 losses (that's around or under .400 winning pct)
                      3) We ended up playing competitive and entertaining ball, and is around.500 ball at the all star break
                      4) Most importantly, the other pitchers have really stepped it up, especially the young ones.

I won't be surprised if something similar happens to the raptors next yr.

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                        I like to direct your attention to the 2010 Blue Jays.

1)Traded away their ace for a bunch of prospects that aren't contributing this year.
                        2) Many experts pegged us to be last in AL East, and quite a few think we'll get 100 losses (that's around or under .400 winning pct)
                        3) We ended up playing competitive and entertaining ball, and is around.500 ball at the all star break
                        4) Most importantly, the other pitchers have really stepped it up, especially the young ones.

I won't be surprised if something similar happens to the raptors next yr.
                        Baseball is a lot different than basketball

Comment

My point was people stepping up their game and proving the naysayers from the stateside wrong

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                            My point was people stepping up their game and proving the naysayers from the stateside wrong
                            There's that, but then there's also:

1) It has taken essentially career years from all of Gonzalez, Buck, Bautista and return to form of Vernon Wells for their current record. That's like 20, 5 and 5 from Turkoglu, 15 and 10 from Calderon, and 25 and 8 from Bargnani.

2) The Raptors, unlike the Blue Jays, haven't had a bunch of talent maturing in the minor leagues the past few years (or in Marcum's case, waiting to get off the IL).

But yes, I cheered when they replaced JPR with AA and things are definitely looking brighter by the minute.

They will end up below .500 at the end of the season though, and have already been falling.

Comment

Quixotic said: "But yes, I cheered when they replaced JPR with AA and things are definitely looking brighter by the minute."

We'll see how the rest of FA pans out but I suspect a similar change of management is necessary for the rebuilding to begin. Whatever other criticisms people make, it just feels like Colangelo is consistently a step behind developments. Too bad

Comment

Working...
                              X