Marcus Banks Should Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Banks Should Start

There will be a lot of moves before the season starts, but I was curious what people thought of this. If Hedo is coming back and is actually going to be used as our primary facilitator, why not start Banks? He is a decent shooter in the midrange and an excellent defender and would be a much better fit beside Turk than Jose or even Jack since we don't want a pg out there that dominates the ball. If defense is our first priority and we already have a good defensive point guard why not put him out there?
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Why dont we start Belli and resign Patrick Obryant then we could start:

Banks
    Belli
    Khandor
    Obryant
    Albi

We may win the D-league Chip within 3 years.....

I like Banks and sure he is our best defender but you can never start your third best player at any postion it is bad for team morale and chemistry and it looks like the coach has lost it...

Even if it is the right thing to do...which it isn't in this case

Comment

I think Banks is one of the most underated players. I don't think he would be good enough to start, but he should atleast get some more minutes.

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
        Why dont we start Belli and resign Patrick Obryant then we could start:

Banks
        Belli
        Khandor
        Obryant
        Albi

We may win the D-league Chip within 3 years.....

I like Banks and sure he is our best defender but you can never start your third best player at any postion it is bad for team morale and chemistry and it looks like the coach has lost it...

Even if it is the right thing to do...which it isn't in this case
        If he is our best defender how is he the third best player? Defense is half of the game, and for us, is the more important half. Plus, it's not just about who's best, it's about who will compliment the other players. We don't need a play maker because they want Hedo to take that spot, so why not put the guy who can actually pay defense out there to try to stop the opposing PG.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I have to admit, I threw up in my mouth a little when I read the title to this thread.

With Bosh gone and your option in place, our team looks basically like this:

Banks, Demar, Turk, Bargs, Amir

Compared to last year's team, we're leaving a LOT of points on the table and not getting much defence in return. Banks is decent defensively, but on his own he's not going to make much difference and he's not really fast enough to keep up with the best guards in the league.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            If he is our best defender how is he the third best player? Defense is half of the game, and for us, is the more important half. Plus, it's not just about who's best, it's about who will compliment the other players. We don't need a play maker because they want Hedo to take that spot, so why not put the guy who can actually pay defense out there to try to stop the opposing PG.
            Dude that is like saying Patrick Obryant is our best power forward/center becaue he is better at team defence the Andrea....

look at it this way:

Player ofensive rating defensive rating total ranking
            Banks 25 80 105
            Jack 65 65 130
            Jose 85 30 115

not as simple as that but to say or to think Banks is or should start is crazy/laughable...

Comment

He's making almost $5m a year. I'd probably give it a shot. Why not? It's not like Banks has no offensive game at all... I think I'd call it highly exaggerated if you want to imply his offence is worse than Jose's defence. o_O

If it turns out he's giving up too much offence, then you just go back to Jack and still run the offence through Turkoglu.
              Last edited by TRX; Mon Jul 5, 2010, 09:58 AM.

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
                Dude that is like saying Patrick Obryant is our best power forward/center becaue he is better at team defence the Andrea....

look at it this way:

Player ofensive rating defensive rating total ranking
                Banks 25 80 105
                Jack 65 65 130
                Jose 85 30 115

not as simple as that but to say or to think Banks is or should start is crazy/laughable...
                First off, Patrick Obryant is not a better defender than Bargs, not by a long shot. POB is too skinny to defend in the post and I honestly don't think I've seen him pay enough to comment on he help defense abilities.

Where exactly is your ranking system coming from? Or did you just make up those numbers? The truth is that Banks is not that much worse than Jose or Jack on offense if all he has to do is make open shots and not turn the ball over and he is a far better defender than either of them. I agree that I would never suggest starting him if we weren't using Turk as our play maker, but if Turk is our guy out there Jack and Calderon's skill sets become redundant. Neither of them play well enough off the ball to make up for what they give up n defense and I'd rather have a guy that may never score more than 6 points a game but will make life difficult for the opposing point guard.

-Churchill

Comment

TS, are you drunk?

Comment

Let's not start this again.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Obviously something needs to happen soon or things will just get crazier around here.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Banks hasn't played over 16mpg since 2005-06.

Last year he played in a total of 22 games and averaged 11 mpg

He is now 29 years old

I doubt that this guy can play more than 10 mpg on a regular basis.

End of discussion

'http://www.basketball-reference.com/...banksma01.html
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I'm a little lost, who should masturbate to there own ideas?

-Churchill

Comment

put it this way if banks starts this season, i will be watching more leaf games this season give me a break hes only as good as ur best bench warmer we dont need any more embaressments

Comment

MaGIX wrote:
                              why not masturbate to your genius ideas
                              great now i can't stop twitching my eye in irritated disgust.

this whole thread needs to be deleted or closed.

as that one guy said he can't play moe than10mpg per game. done
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X