ESPN: Raptors Will Insist on Noah, Not Settle for Deng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I actually like Haywood, but he's not in Noah's class. I think Rose is pretty tight with Noah, I just can't fathom them making an almost lateral move trading Noah for Bosh. While Bosh is in the upper tier of offensive PF's who expend more effort twittering than defending, the difference between paying Bosh 130 million and offering Boozer 100 million is fairly negligible and if you can have Boozer over Bosh and keep Noah you do that 10 times out of ten.
    I'm not arguing the merits of trading Noah for Bosh. I certainly wouldn't do it if I was CHicago. I agree Haywood isn't as good as Noah, but in Chicago's mind, if they are running out of choices, and the only way they can get one of the top free agents is to trade Noah and then sign Haywood, I can see hem going that way. The nighmare of ending up with Mercer last time, and lots of years of losing, is probably fresh in the mind of Reinsdorf. Bosh and Haywood certainly look better on paper than Noah and Gibson. And I like both Noah and Gibson.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      If the Bulls can't get Amare or Boozer (who we haven't heard much about, lately), then the question is will they be desperate enough to trade away Noah for Bosh. They could then sign Brandan Hayward to replace Noah, so it might not be that bad a deal, for them.
      wow, he can fish adn play centre in the nba i had no idea.

as far as bosh wanting all the money he can get why does he need this extra thirty mill. like he's already going to make multi-millions a year and what has happened to all the money he has he must have some hefty bills.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

as far as bosh wanting all the money he can get why does he need this extra thirty mill. like he's already going to make multi-millions a year and what has happened to all the money he has he must have some hefty bills.
        Didn't he split with that one chuck with the big foreheard? Probably paying her off to keep something quiet.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

Touche!
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I agree 100%. I would not give Noah. Let Wade stay in Miami, Toronto will have to settle for Houston's offer; LeBron -I guess NY; Chiacago can get Boozer-without giving up anybody.
            Perfect

Comment

Don't scare me. we will take Deng, just don't want to keep Bosh.

Comment

thats the way BC should of stated in the first place for bosh. why the hell would we allow the busll to give away their trash to us for a star player anyway it doesnt make any sence for me its either noah or off to houston

Comment

Sly wrote: View Post
                  I'm sure many feel the same way I do. I would MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather have Noah on the team then Bosh.
                  I doubt many would feel that way unless you precede that statement with "At their respective salaries and assuming we keep Bargnani," ...

Otherwise that's silly.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                    Don't scare me. we will take Deng, just don't want to keep Bosh.
                    You'd rather have Deng than Bosh? Unless Bosh has suddenly stopped being one of the top 15 players in the league, or Deng has become one of them, that is a truly ridiculous thing to say.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
                      I doubt many would feel that way unless you precede that statement with "At their respective salaries and assuming we keep Bargnani," ...

Otherwise that's silly.
                      Ya, this Bosh hate is getting out of hand and completely clouding people's judgements. As a return on a sign and trade, Noah would be beyond expectations, but to say you'd rather have Noah OVER Bosh shows you're simply not thinking clearly on this issue.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'd rather have Noah over Bosh when all the mitigating factors are considered. I think Bosh has peaked statistically and shown no real desire to improve the weaker facets of his game. While I love that he added the 3 point weapon to his arsenal, I'd much rather see him show up to camp preaching defense and accountability.

Offensively Bosh is the perfect piece to add if your team struggles to score points, the raptors don't have that problem. Interior defense is problem 1 and 1a and Noah addresses that problem more than Bosh ever could.

I would much much much rather go into next season with a front court of Bargs and Noah than Bosh and Bargs. Only way it happens is if Bron/Wade force Chicago's hand by saying they won't come without Bosh. I don't really see that happening, but its not that implausible. As perfect a fit as Noah is for Chicago he isn't so integral that he should prevent Rose, Bron and Bosh teaming up.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                          I would much much much rather go into next season with a front court of Bargs and Noah than Bosh and Bargs.
                          Quite frankly, neither option excites me in the least bit.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Since the Raptors are in the east why would we help another eastern team load their roster with stars?

Comment

noah would be amazing for the Raptors and a perfect compliment to bargnani, he is a very talented scorer as we all know but does lack toughness which noah brings in boat loads
                              ya dun noe

Comment

What might make this thing more plausible is if Chicago unloaded Deng and his bloated contract to Toronto along with Noah for Bosh. I could see Chicago doing that. Not sure if the salaries work (could someone weigh in on that aspect?), but I'm sure they could make it work. And Deng, while DEFINITELY overpaid, is a good, solid player who would be an upgrade on any of our swing men.

Comment

Working...
                                X