No announcement yet.

What's Worse? Losing Bosh or Colangelo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Worse? Losing Bosh or Colangelo?

Isnt Colangelo going to be talking about his own contract come this fall or something?

Either, I think Colangelo is more important to MLSE then BOSH.

What's the Raptors record since Colangelo took over? What's their playoff record? How many times have they made the playoffs? These are the questions you must ask yourself before making such a statement.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      What's the Raptors record since Colangelo took over? What's their playoff record? How many times have they made the playoffs? These are the questions you must ask yourself before making such a statement.
      Colangelo is more valuable. Everything Colangelo has done has hinged on Bosh. He was the main piece, he had input and was sought after for approval on every major transaction this team made.

We need to see at least another 2-3 seasons of Colangelo without Bosh to see how he reacts and what moves he makes. Besides, who the hell is going to replace Bryan? It's a lot easier to replace very good players in this league than it is to replace elite executives.

Comment

he's locked up through 2012
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

YOu may wish to revised the questions: What was the Raptors Record prior to BC? How many times have the former GMs of Raptors taken their clubs ot the Playoffs? What resources did the prior GMs have and what results did they get from those resources? Compare APPLE TO APPLE not APPLE TO ORANGES. Then you will get a real result for BC.

I think he's done great with what he had. He re-tooled the team right from when he took over. Made Bold moves. Parker was a great signing... other were not. No GM is perfect.. but BC is among the most competitive well connected GM in the league.

Comment

it's true. but, there have been rumours that mlse has had a decent sized ball and chain around bc's ankle.

making him unable to unleash his full arsenal.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Rouge wrote: View Post
              YOu may wish to revised the questions: What was the Raptors Record prior to BC? How many times have the former GMs of Raptors taken their clubs ot the Playoffs? What resources did the prior GMs have and what results did they get from those resources? Compare APPLE TO APPLE not APPLE TO ORANGES. Then you will get a real result for BC.

I think he's done great with what he had. He re-tooled the team right from when he took over. Made Bold moves. Parker was a great signing... other were not. No GM is perfect.. but BC is among the most competitive well connected GM in the league.
              I don't think that's fair. Colangelo was given a blank slate. He had no cap burdens. He entered this job with $20M in cap space and 1st overall draft pick. Colangelo was given a dream job. Cap space, roster space, a #1. That is perfect for a GM to build his vision from the get go. Colangelo has failed. If you want to compare him to anyone, compare him to Glen Grunwald. Glen also came into a good situation and had more success. If it were not for injuries to costly players he would have lasted longer.

I hate to say it but if you think Colangelo done great with what he's had then you're missing some facts friend. Don't let his charisma and reputation fool you, let's judge him on his history here in Toronto and nothing else.

LBF wrote: View Post
              it's true. but, there have been rumours that mlse has had a decent sized ball and chain around bc's ankle.

making him unable to unleash his full arsenal.
              Where? Show me this report. If you go back to the press conference when he took the job one of the main things Colangelo and the Raptors brass stressed is that he was GM and President, he had full control over basketball decisions and was insured that the board would not interfere. He said he would not have taken the job otherwise, it was that important.
              Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jul 5, 2010, 04:33 PM.

Comment

BC is more valuable, his issue is his infatuation with Bargnani and endorsing Triano as coach. He brought in Jermain, TJ and Marion and when they all didn't get along with the team, he moved them out and he'd probably do the same with Jose and Hedo if he could so we know he's not afraid to admitting his makes. However Bargnani, he took him first over all and this is the one guy he is going to down with no matter what.

I've always wondered if Triano coaching was more of a jackass Peddie and the board called as oppose to BC, but who knows.

Comment

Here's something to consider. You can find another big name manager, currently unemployed, to take over as GM but the cap prevents you from doing the same in finding a star player. I can list some big names available in the management world. I'm sure they would be interested if they were to be paid Colangelo's high price tag amount.

rev20002 wrote: View Post
                  BC is more valuable, his issue is his infatuation with Bargnani and endorsing Triano as coach. He brought in Jermain, TJ and Marion
                  He gave away TWO 1st rounders trading for and trading away O'Neal.

we know he's not afraid to admitting his makes.
                  Who cares? When you make as many mistakes as he does it's pretty obvious where the problem is originating. Some things go without saying.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jul 5, 2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Apollo;25793]I don't think that's fair. Colangelo was given a blank slate. He had no cap burdens. He entered this job with $20M in cap space and 1st overall draft pick. Colangelo was given a dream job. Cap space, roster space, a #1. That is perfect for a GM to build his vision from the get go. Colangelo has failed. If you want to compare him to anyone, compare him to Glen Grunwald. Glen also came into a good situation and had more success. If it were not for injuries to costly players he would have lasted longer.
                    QUOTE]

You use Glen as an example and then place a excuse beside him to gett him off the hook i.e. "If it were not for injuries to costly players he would have lasted longer"
                    P.s. Glen is now with the Knicks doing some lower mgmt tasks. Let me put it this way.
                    Knicks have a worst history playoff drought then us at present.

BC is worth more to the Raptors at this stage then BOSH -

Comment

Who cares? When you make as many mistakes as he does it's pretty obvious where the problem is originating. Some things go without saying.

You wanna see mistakes: SEE KNICK,

Comment

I don't think that's fair. Colangelo was given a blank slate. He had no cap burdens. He entered this job with $20M in cap space and 1st overall draft pick. Colangelo was given a dream job. Cap space, roster space, a #1. That is perfect for a GM to build his vision from the get go. Colangelo has failed. If you want to compare him to anyone, compare him to Glen Grunwald. Glen also came into a good situation and had more success. If it were not for injuries to costly players he would have lasted longer.
                        While I don't think Colangelo has done a great job, by any means, I think the situation he came on board with looks A LOT better on paper than it did at the time. He had the 1st pick in the draft in a very weak draft with only 1 All-Star in the top twenty picks and the second best player was drafted 21st. He actually had, I believe $12 million in cap space (not $20 million) during a summer where there was very little to choose from, and really the ONLY free agent I had any real interest in spending money on was Nene, and he was a restricted free agent who had an injury history that made Chris Bosh look like AC Green.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

to me i dont really care if we lose both of them. since their arrival weve made the playoffs twice and havent made it passed the first round anyway.......i say we turn a new leaf and say arevaderchi to both of them and dont let the door hit them in the ass on the way out..........maybe we should look into jerry colangelo he seems to know what the hell hes doing

Comment

Something else to consider that if BC leaves, who will replace him? Most likely the board will take back some influence and someone like Leo or Jack would be given the job.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              While I don't think Colangelo has done a great job, by any means, I think the situation he came on board with looks A LOT better on paper than it did at the time. He had the 1st pick in the draft in a very weak draft with only 1 All-Star in the top twenty picks and the second best player was drafted 21st. He actually had, I believe $12 million in cap space (not $20 million) during a summer where there was very little to choose from, and really the ONLY free agent I had any real interest in spending money on was Nene, and he was a restricted free agent who had an injury history that made Chris Bosh look like AC Green.
                              The draft was weak but he had the #1 pick and there were a bunch of nice player coming out. I'm not dissing the pick overall, I'm just stating the fact that he entered into a good situation because someone else in here said otherwise.

As for the cap:
                              They entered the summer of 2006 at $35,954,855 and the cap that year was $53,135,000. That's $17.18M in cap space. So I was off a little but that's a lot closer to $20M than $12M.

Source:
                              http://web.archive.org - "HoopsHype.com" NBA.com

Something else to consider that if BC leaves, who will replace him? Most likely the board will take back some influence and someone like Leo or Jack would be given the job.
                              Do you think there is a fraction of a chance for that to happen? There are a bunch of good options out there, not including television personalities with zero experience. Kevin Pritchard just hit the market. I'm not a huge fan but he's done a lot more in recent years than Bryan.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jul 5, 2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X