LeBron Wants Bosh in Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron Wants Bosh in Cleveland

LeBron James wants to stay in Cleveland and he wants Chris Bosh to join him. That, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard, who made the assertion this morning on ESPNRadio's Mike and Mike in the Morning program. According to Broussard, part of the reason there has been a delay in LeBron's announcement is he is trying to convince Bish to come to Cleveland with him. That could only happen, of course, if the Toronto Raptors worked out a sign-and-trade for Bosh with the Cavaliers.

Bosh had reportedly stated that, while he did want to play with James, it had to be in Chicago or Miami. Bosh wants to grow is brand, and feels that can only happen in a bigger market. Perhaps, but Bosh should look no further than LeBron himself to see that big cities are no longer necessary when it comes to global icon status.
    Linky: Fear the Sword

Yeah, there's basically no way this will happen. Cleveland doesn't have any cap space, so the only way it can work is through a S&T. Given the atrocity that is the Cavs roster, I can't see why on earth BC would consent to a sign and trade here.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
      Yeah, there's basically no way this will happen. Cleveland doesn't have any cap space, so the only way it can work is through a S&T. Given the atrocity that is the Cavs roster, I can't see why on earth BC would consent to a sign and trade here.
      Yeah, I just perused over the Cavs roster and it's full of shit from top to bottom. Maybe Varejao and JJ Hickson, but we're already set in the bangers category.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
        why not? i think they have the pieces that we need.

Varejao would be great, although he is a bit overpaid, i think he will be one of the better acquisitions next to Bynum. The Raps can also get Hickson, and maybe we can get AP back to mentor the young gunz. Whatever is left maybe get a trade exemption (dont know if this is possible). Telfair wont be bad too as a 2nd stringer in case Jose or Jack gets dealt.

Worst case scenario is we get Jamison. And that would really suck.

Comment

From Toronto to Cleveland, good luck building your "brand", Chris.......I mean RuPaul.

Comment

Chris Broussard, I think his BS is actually worse than Peter Vecsey's of the N.Y. Post
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If this has any legs (Broussard is a Clevelander I hear(?)) ...it is true the Cavs dont have much but can a 3 way be arranged for eg. Collison (say for Hickson and additions)?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                If this has any legs (Broussard is a Clevelander I hear(?)) ...it is true the Cavs dont have much but can a 3 way be arranged for eg. Collison (say for Hickson and additions)?
                I was thinking along the same lines... Cleveland really doesn't have anything the least bit appealing on their roster, given the current Raptors roster, but there are pieces that would definitely be valued by other teams. I would like to see a 3-way Bosh S&T that nets us Collison, Okafor and Cleveland draft picks.

Comment

There's the ESPN story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

and also:

PDcavsinsider
                  As we said last week, Cavs simply have more S-&-T assets than CHI, MIA & can also take a bad TOR contract. All depends on Bosh willingness.
                  chadfordinsider
                  LeBron & Bosh want to play together. Bron would prefer Cleveland. Bosh prefers Chi, Mia or NJ. Who persuades who?
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

King James is staying in Cleveland, what a pimp! This is a chance for Bosh to get some credibility, he would be an idiot not to pull the trigger on this. From the Raps point of view, does Cleveland really have better players then Beasley and Chalmers?

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                      King James is staying in Cleveland, what a pimp! This is a chance for Bosh to get some credibility, he would be an idiot not to pull the trigger on this. From the Raps point of view, does Cleveland really have better players then Beasley and Chalmers?
                      IMO they do, but just not players that fit on the current Raptors roster. I expect that some teams would highly value Hickson, Varejao and Jamison, among others. If the Raptors could unload any of Turkoglu/Calderon/Evans/Banks in the process, while picking up some good young players from a third and/or fourth team and maybe even some draft picks, then BC would be a genius! Sounds like it's all up to Bosh at this point, if the rumors can be believed.
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jul 6, 2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I would f'ing love it if Bosh's only option for the extra 30 million was to go to Cleveland.

No Chicago, No New York. CLEVELAND.

I would gladly take Hickson and Varajaojoajojejo.

Lebron's ego is so out of control whoever is stupid enough to go play with him is in for some misery.

Comment

This is all madness. Every link to a story supposedly backing up the idea links to Chris Broussard. Ie, it seems this is all the work of some guy. If there was anything to this, there'd be more than just the one source.

Varejao and Hickson? please. We have Johnson and Davis, not to mention Bargnani and Alabi. In theory Varejao could back up Bargnani, or even start at the 4...but he's got a 6 year contract and two rookies who play his positions that have tremendous potential. What happens when we have 5 or 6 players all demanding playing time for 2 positions? Hickson is not a lick better than Amir Johnson. This deal doesn't make sense for the Raptors.

Say, though, we do take both Hickson and Varejao. We'd still need to take back $9 million worth of other contracts. Gibson? West? Neither of those players are any better than any of Jack, Calderon, Derozan or Weems.

Again, this trade simply does not make any sense for the Raptors.

Comment

Tbh there is no one on Cleveland I want

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, I just perused over the Cavs roster and it's full of shit from top to bottom...
                              LMAO...tell us what u really think Arse...too funny.

Bosh wants to build his brand playing beside Lebron?? okay....sure..whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X