LeBron Wants Bosh in Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I just perused over the Cavs roster and it's full of shit from top to bottom. Maybe Varejao and JJ Hickson, but we're already set in the bangers category.
    After paying 35 million to Amir, getting the 9 million a year contract of Varejao would be something else Then, who knows, BC is in such a HOT streak that he might just do that.

As far JJ , I like him and I think he will outshine both Amir and Varejao if we give him the time on the floor.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
      This is all madness. Every link to a story supposedly backing up the idea links to Chris Broussard. Ie, it seems this is all the work of some guy. If there was anything to this, there'd be more than just the one source.

Varejao and Hickson? please. We have Johnson and Davis, not to mention Bargnani and Alabi. In theory Varejao could back up Bargnani, or even start at the 4...but he's got a 6 year contract and two rookies who play his positions that have tremendous potential. What happens when we have 5 or 6 players all demanding playing time for 2 positions? Hickson is not a lick better than Amir Johnson. This deal doesn't make sense for the Raptors.

Say, though, we do take both Hickson and Varejao. We'd still need to take back $9 million worth of other contracts. Gibson? West? Neither of those players are any better than any of Jack, Calderon, Derozan or Weems.

Again, this trade simply does not make any sense for the Raptors.
      I feel the pain...but only if you stop at the obvious pieces coming back (I agree not the best fit) and not consider the flipping possibilities with other teams like NOH for players we would really want. At this point with all the talking that has happened BC should have a fair idea what other teams wants are or willingness to give up. If this is true the Cavs will bend over quite a bit to complete the deal which is a good thing.

Comment

yeah, this kinda stinks like one man's wish (broussard).

i still have a hard time fathoming bosh playing with lebron, esp. in cleveland. it makes absolute sense that lebron would want him, but can bosh 'suffer' to be a clear 2nd banana, and do it in cleveland?

part of me wonders if the free agent 'summit' the three of them held wasn't so much to try to work out a way to get all 3 playing together, but to work out where each of them could - separately - increase their global marketing abilities, while also earning the super max, being 'the main guy' on their respective clubs, all while playing in the city they want with - at worst - a legit chance of winning a chip in the next 3-5 years. i honestly don't think they can handle stifling their respective egos over the course of 5 or 6-year contracts. it worked during the olympics, but it won't work long term - there needs to be a clear alpha, and while either wade or lebron would be that alpha if playing with bosh, the two of them together just wouldn't work. and i'm not sure bosh would want to be their robin...i think he recognizes that he's not at their talent level, but he also believes that if he were given a few complementary players that were just slightly below his level, he'd be able to compete for a chip.
        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

From Batman in Toronto to Robin in Cleveland.
          Wow.

Somehow when he curls up at night under his "Playoff MVP" security blanket, I doubt that's the kind of free agency scenario Bosh dreamed about. In fact, I strongly suspect that ending up in Cleveland would be one of his recurring nightmares.

Comment

Any deal with Cleveland should involve us getting Hickson/Mo Will/Jamison and a pick for Hedo/Jose/Bosh.

Comment

TSN explains further why this S&T might not work:

The report says that Bosh, however, is cool to the idea of playing in Cleveland. Sources indicate that Bosh would prefer to play with James in Chicago, Miami, or New Jersey.

One possible sticking point for Bosh's potential arrival in Cleveland would be the position the Cavs would want him to play.

Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix is reporting that Bosh is apparently balking at the idea of playing centre and would prefer to remain at the power forward spot. According to Mannix, the Cavaliers would have to guarantee a legit centre would have to be in place before Bosh agrees to anything. This could pose a problem as both players who lined up at the five for the Cavs last season, Shaquille O'Neal and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are up for free agency, while Varejao who has played centre in the past may be involved in any potential deal to acquire Bosh.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=326733

Comment

bosh in cleveland is a long shot he could win a championship but he wants to be "THE MAN" so it aint gonna happen

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                  yeah, this kinda stinks like one man's wish (broussard).

i still have a hard time fathoming bosh playing with lebron, esp. in cleveland. it makes absolute sense that lebron would want him, but can bosh 'suffer' to be a clear 2nd banana, and do it in cleveland?

part of me wonders if the free agent 'summit' the three of them held wasn't so much to try to work out a way to get all 3 playing together, but to work out where each of them could - separately - increase their global marketing abilities, while also earning the super max, being 'the main guy' on their respective clubs, all while playing in the city they want with - at worst - a legit chance of winning a chip in the next 3-5 years. i honestly don't think they can handle stifling their respective egos over the course of 5 or 6-year contracts. it worked during the olympics, but it won't work long term - there needs to be a clear alpha, and while either wade or lebron would be that alpha if playing with bosh, the two of them together just wouldn't work. and i'm not sure bosh would want to be their robin...i think he recognizes that he's not at their talent level, but he also believes that if he were given a few complementary players that were just slightly below his level, he'd be able to compete for a chip.
                  I honestly dont know what to make of CB anymore. He is definitely not a "true" Alpha in the mode of LJ & Wade (these two would have a real problem playing with each oher long term) and I believe was the one most open to playing with the others in any combo. If he truly were a loner type he would have chosen Houston because I dont think the other options would want him at his price to be the sole signing. NY pretty much noted this in a piece I read (as usual from "sources") and signed Amare.

If he goes thru with this I think he will regret it in both prof. and personal terms.

Comment

Sources: Raptors OK with Bosh to Cavs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

NOT A FAN OF THIS IDEA!!

Comment

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2758

Already a thread about that.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, I just perused over the Cavs roster and it's full of shit from top to bottom. Maybe Varejao and JJ Hickson, but we're already set in the bangers category.
                        +1
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Comment

I feel the pain...but only if you stop at the obvious pieces coming back (I agree not the best fit) and not consider the flipping possibilities with other teams like NOH for players we would really want. At this point with all the talking that has happened BC should have a fair idea what other teams wants are or willingness to give up.
                            Yeah, flipping for other pieces, there's always potential. NO has options for sure to participate in a three way trade that would be good for the Raps. I suppose that scenario though (flipping the incoming players for others) precludes anyone really from criticizing any roster moves at this point.

All i can say is, as a deal that gets us Cavs players - and that being the end of it - this is no good. Other options are open (such as trading the incoming players), but all we can do then is add guesses to guesses.

Comment

While I agree that the Cavs have pretty much awful assets, one piece I wouldn't mind seeing the Raptors acquire is Danny Green. I think that he has potential to be solid situational defender based on his college game, but of course he's buried on the Cavs roster. With only 20 games in the nba he's basically a raw rookie, but given time to develop... He'd basically be a throw-in to the other pieces of this trade, but I could see him fitting on the Raptors a couple years down the road.

Comment

Funny. After Broussard's comments about Bosh going to Cleveland, it seems nobody else at ESPN agrees with him:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eAgency-100706

2 votes for Chicago. 3 for Miami. 1 for Houston. 0 for Cleveland.
                                (sorry Broussard)

Comment

Working...
                                X