Chicago Tribune: The Latest Regarding Bosh & The Bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Tribune: The Latest Regarding Bosh & The Bulls

This from K.C. Johnson from the Chicago Tribune and the latest (11:30am central time, so 12:30pm eastern time) on what the Bulls are offering Toronto in a sign-and-trade for Bosh:

The Raptors have made clear their desire for Joakim Noah in sign-and-trade talks with the Bulls, who have resisted those efforts. The Bulls have proposed a package involving Taj Gibson, multiple first-round draft picks and a trade exception.
    Yay or Nay?

Source - Click here

Taj Gibson: 25 yr old rookie forward, 225 lb, 6-9.

Not exactly dazzling numbers in his first season. Would he be adding to the crowd of youth at PF? What's his upside? He's only a year younger than Bosh.

For that matter, what 1st round draft picks does Chicago have to offer?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Yay or Nay?
      I would say Nay. The Raptors are set at PF and assuming the Bulls would be a good-to-great team with Bosh, then the 1st round picks would be mid-late in the round, rather than high lottery picks. Gibson wouldn't even have that much value in a secondary deal, IMO.

It's hard to address each S&T rumor on its own though, because to properly evaluate them, we'd need to know the details of each deal (and subsequent deals) to compare them. This one looks bad to me, but could be alright, depending on what other offers are out there for the Raps.

Comment

I like Gibson and all, but he's not the type of impact player that Noah is. He's a good role-player, but will never be the type of guy that fuels or inspires an entire team. We need that defensive anchor that is Joakim Noah.

Comment

A big fat NAY! A redundant role player and useless 1st rounders....no thanks.

Comment

barf

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              This from K.C. Johnson from the Chicago Tribune and the latest (11:30am central time, so 12:30pm eastern time) on what the Bulls are offering Toronto in a sign-and-trade for Bosh:

Yay or Nay?

Source - Click here
              I say NAY... I like Gibson's game, played well last year but as CalgaryRapsFan said, the Raps are set at the PF position (Davis, Johnson, Evans and on occassion Bargs). Raps truly need a defensive centre so Noah will have to be included.

Comment

Nay.

Let the Bulls convince Bosh to pay $30M to play with their franchise.

At this point, I also don't want Bosh back with the Raps at full-max money.
                RR OG

Comment

If Bosh chooses the Bulls and they stand firm on not trading Noah then I say yes. It will clog the PF slot but maybe they can get a third team on board who is interested in Gibson? If that were the case they could flip Gibson there, get something else back for him and still land the picks and the TPE. That's not bad for a S&T considering there is a thread in here with great support suggesting they should just let Bosh walk because people don't care anymore.

Comment

Other than their own picks (which won't amount to much considering how good they're likely to be), the Bulls own Charlotte's 1st round pick. This might sound like a good opportunity for the Raptors, but the pick is well-protected until 2016! The Bulls have already traded away their second round picks in 2011 and 2012. So this sign & trade doesn't hold a lot of appeal - but I guess you take what you can get unless it's a contract like Deng's that bogs us down for years. In that case, Toronto should just walk away from the table.

Comment

no more forwards ! i just want joakim noah in a raptors uniform

Comment

Raps need a young pg

Comment

Perspective: if Chicago signs Bosh and Wade, with Rose and Noah in the fold, that first round pick will be late 20s every year for the next 4-5 years.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

smart move by colangelo..

taking anybody besides noah or rose would be downright babcockian... stacking other eastern conference teams while you get worse is just stupid

Comment

NAY. Man can we please get out of this summer without taking back useless shit and start the rebuilding process for real? I want Collison somehow.

Comment

Working...
                              X