Ken Berger: Bosh Unenthusiastic About Joining James in Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Berger: Bosh Unenthusiastic About Joining James in Cleveland

Hmmm, so Bosh isn't down with the city of Cleveland I see. It would appear that Cleveland is not a big enough market for him to do his thing.

But Bosh, who shares an agent with fellow free agent Dwyane Wade, would have to sign off on such an arrangement and remains decidedly unenthusiastic about joining James in Cleveland, the person familiar with the talks said.

"If LeBron went to New Jersey, he'd consider that," the person said of Bosh. "It's too late for New York. He wants to play with LeBron if LeBron leaves, but not necessarily in Cleveland."
    The Raptors have informed Bosh and his agent, Henry Thomas, that if Bosh wanted to go to Cleveland, the organization would explore how to help him get there. But while Cleveland's basketball assets are more attractive to the Raptors, the city itself doesn't do it for Bosh. If Bosh viewed Cleveland as an acceptable destination, the sign-and-trade talks would've progressed rapidly. As things stood Tuesday afternoon, according to a source involved in the discussions, they're at a stand-still.

"The market," another person involved in the free-agent chase said, "has come to a screeching halt."

While Bosh and Thomas -- who also represents Wade -- keep everyone waiting, sign-and-trade talks with more acceptable destinations have not gained any momentum, an executive involved in the process said.
    Source - Click here

That's hardly a surprise. A guy who was determined to leave Toronto for a bigger market is hardly going to be impressed with Cleveland. Unfortunately, I guess Houston falls into that category as well, but that bugs me.

Houston would pay him the max, they'd make him a star on a solid contender with a great (when he's healthy) center, so he could play his natural PF position. But it seems it isn't even on his list. I don't get it. The Rockets would DEFINITELY be on my list if I were in his shoes. If anything, I'd be scratching Miami off. (ok, and Cleveland)

Comment

So many unnamed persons familiar with so many things....
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I bet this is just a big smokescreen that gives Bron his way out. He tried to bring a star to Cleveland, but nobody wanted to attend court.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
          I bet this is just a big smokescreen that gives Bron his way out. He tried to bring a star to Cleveland, but nobody wanted to attend court.
          Interesting take, but too much conspiracy theory for my believability.

What Berger's saying makes sense, Bosh's goals seem to be getting the max salary and playing in a big market. Cleveland only provides one of those things so Bosh will veto it. Houston makes too much sense but same problem. Joining Team Trinity in Miami would mean taking less money so that's out. The guy's got to give up something...other than his dignity.

Comment

Can you blame him? Would YOU want to go to Cleveland over Miami, New York or Chicago? I certainly wouldn't.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

According to various reports, with their Yao connection the Rockets have impressed Bosh with the opportunities he'd have to market himself in the enormous market in China. It sound like this has intrigued Bosh, but not yet enough to make him commit to Houston. But don't count the Rockets out - especially if the Bulls don't come up with a sign and trade that the Raptors can live with.

Comment

Cleveland....

At least it's not Detroit....It's Not Detroit!!!!

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Hmmm, so Bosh isn't down with the city of Cleveland I see. It would appear that Cleveland is not a big enough market for him to do his thing.

Source - Click here
                  It is obvious the Bosh guy does not want his 6th year and $30 million. I don't see BC doing a sign and trade to Miami or Chicago. New Jersey possibly. LeBron is staying in Cleveland.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Can you blame him? Would YOU want to go to Cleveland over Miami, New York or Chicago? I certainly wouldn't.
                    I would if it meant winning a championship. Bosh said all season long all long that winning is the most important thing to him. He has shown that it isn't. He wants to make his money, play in a big market, be a star and if they win it's a plus.

Comment

The cake, whipped cream and the large red maraschino and oh yes why dont we douse it all in some Drambuie.

Nice if you can get it but the chefs might get really pissed at the demands at some point.

Comment

Theres no need to talk about all this shit Bosh is going to MIAMI period deep down everyone knows it including Bosh.. all this speculation is getting out of hand.. I think Bosh knows hes going to Miami but he doesn't want to say it yet because then the media and fans would shift their focus to other free agents which Bosh clearly doesnt want.

Comment

If Lebron wants to play with Bosh and Bosh wants to play with Lebron but not in Cleveland then bring him to Toronto!!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            If Lebron wants to play with Bosh and Bosh wants to play with Lebron but not in Cleveland then bring him to Toronto!!
                            Make it happen hotshot!

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
                              Theres no need to talk about all this shit Bosh is going to MIAMI period deep down everyone knows it including Bosh.. all this speculation is getting out of hand.. I think Bosh knows hes going to Miami but he doesn't want to say it yet because then the media and fans would shift their focus to other free agents which Bosh clearly doesnt want.
                              I'm glad you know what's going on in the inside of the NBA. You have no idea what he's going to do no one does. I could see Lebron staying exactly where he is. Wade staying in Miami and Bosh going to Houston or Chicago. Saying that it's all speculation and it most likely wont happen. It's the exact same saying that he's going to Miami. If Bosh wants to go to a big market team I can't see him going to Miami. Lets be honest they couldn't even sell out playoff games man.

Comment

Working...
                              X