No announcement yet.

LeBron to Sign Two-Year Deal with Cavs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron to Sign Two-Year Deal with Cavs?

Reports are stating that LeBron could sign only a two-year deal with the Cavs to become a free agent in 2012 again.

http://nbaprimetime.com/lebron-to-sign-a-two-year-deal-with-the-cavaliers/2357/

Isn't there supposed to be a new bargaining agreement coming up that's going to reduce salaries? Why would LeBron go through all this b.s. only to sign a 2-yr agreement and go back on the market after the market has been dropped?

Or, is the summer of 2012 just BEFORE the agreement is due to change?

Comment

No, the CBA expires June 30th, 2011, so next year's FAs (and all that come after) will be affected.

It's just a bunch of speculation based on ifs and mights and never knows.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
        Isn't there supposed to be a new bargaining agreement coming up that's going to reduce salaries? Why would LeBron go through all this b.s. only to sign a 2-yr agreement and go back on the market after the market has been dropped?

Or, is the summer of 2012 just BEFORE the agreement is due to change?
        because he already has massive amounts of cash and is starting to care about other things now.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

You never know.
          RR OG

Comment

The whole point of Wade, Bosh and LeBron signing the three year deals (with an opt out this summer), was to be able to become a free agent again before the new CBA in order to maximize their contracts. A two year contract would totally defeat the purpose. I'd file this under `highly unlikely'.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The ONLY reason I can think of for LeBron to do a 2-yr deal is because he's waiting for the Nets to move to Brooklyn. Then he goes to the Nets to hang out with his friend and becomes the face of the franchise for the rest of his career.

Aside from that, a 2-yr deal makes no sense to me.

Comment

Working...
              X