ESPN's Broussard - Source: Bosh to Join The Heat with Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is what it is wrote: View Post
    Congrats Buddahfan on being right with 90% of the people....who cares if your right this site is about the Raptors not you...Your better then this...

As for Bosh going to Miami I hope BC gets a good deal for the Raps

CMon BC
    hahaha i guess you havent been here that long to know who Buddha is, hahaha.

Comment

Why are morons bashing B.C.? The guy did not pull the trigger on Bosh simply because he thought at first he could potentially retain him, or even better try to get him in a S&T. Even if he failed, he tried it is BOSH'S decision to do that S&T, get off his back!

If he doesn't do the S&T I wonder if Wade/his agent found Bosh some sponsors to make up for the $$ loss, I wouldn't be surprised if he helped to get him a shoe deal, or something decent.

Comment

Relax people, Bosh to Miami without a sign and trade is not a bad idea. Considering the train wreck of a roster that they have, it's not bad for us. We can use the money elsewhere. The roster needs to be altered and altered carefully. Both Bosh and Calderon were pre-BC picks and it's true, he will have a clean slate to start from. We need to stop acting like the Knicks who will sign just about anyone. And if we really need to learn a massive lesson, look at Philly in Brand and Igoudala. Yes, I realize we're getting players in return, but those are players who were drafted by someone else, with so-so performance stats and past records for everyone to see. Since we have signed Amir (and please, a new angry thread would've been made if Amir signed elsewhere and people will be burning BC effigies), the next move will be to see what will happen to the other free agents, other team needs, etc. Any knee-jerk reaction will be bad. I mean, the New Jersey owner doesn't seem to be freaking out.

Speaking of New Jersey (and even Philly), they are the only team that has anything of value to trade for CB in Derrick Favors and Evan Turner respectively. Without youth in return, then let's not bother. I would prefer to see the Raps be in the form of Oklahoma (with youth), Detroit (2000's - blue collar, no "me first") and Portland (competitive even when the starters are hurt). We need to stay away from the "one-man-carrying-the-team" mentality. We had that in Vince, Chris..

PS> Beasley does need a new change in scenery. It just won't happen in Canada and with Triano. There were already concerns when he was picked 2nd overall. He's a good athlete but his issues outweigh them. If BC decides to gamble, it's not the end of the world. We may end up with him as there will be redundancy at the 4 position in Miami (unless Chris plays the 5 and Beasley will be at the 4 - a big maybe). Beasley is still in his rookie contract anyway. He has every incentive to play his ass off and be a good citizen. He's playing for a contract in the new CBA so who knows, he might just be the "hungry athlete" that this team needs. I mean let's face it, the only hungry athlete we have is Hedo. How many boxes of Pizza Pizza do you think this guy is scarfing down before and after a game?
        Last edited by Balls of Steel; Wed Jul 7, 2010, 09:48 AM.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          So now the question arises, what do the Raptors get back? I think the TPE and the rights to the Raptors' lotto protected pick that was traded away in the Jermaine trade is a start.
          What if they don't get anything back for him.......what would be your opinion on that situation?

It is possible that he leaves outright and that the Raps get nothing in return. Not sure how likely, but definitely possible.

Comment

Getting a huge TPE is a fairly interesting return for Bosh, and, having been following the boards here for a while now, it seems no one really called this until it started appearing about week or so ago as an option.

The benefit for the other team in participating with us using our TPE is the same for us in getting it in the first place - either salary cap savings, more freedom to reshuffle an inadequate roster, or magnet for mid-season trades. What teams, then, fall into one of those categories? Who would/should we turn around and target or trade with if we got a TPE in 17m range? You guys think BC has something already worked out if we got such a huge exception?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Riley has been known to hypnotize people one-on-one so I wouldn't be that surprised. Remember that they both have the same agent who can also be an influence.
              Why would the agent want to lose the 6% of extra $30mil? It is in agent best interest to maximize both salaries of his players, so his commission is maximized as well. The agent influence means nothing anyway for CB4 if his mind is already locked to play somewhere. The agent role is not to influence his client, but to broker the best deal based on his clients requirements. He may advise CB4, but I guess CB4 already has a crew of advisers anyway

Comment

Another interesting tidbit from Heat columnist Ira Winderman:

Contrary to broadcast reports, the Raptors have not summarily dismissed overtures from the Heat. Toronto has at least seven sign-and-trade offers from various suitors. While one of them is from James' Cavaliers, Cleveland is not necessarily a prime landing spot on Bosh's wish list.

There also was word late Tuesday night that Bosh just might prove amenable to a straight five-year, $96 million signing with the Heat.

In South Florida, A Bosh-Wade pairing would leave the Heat in excess of an additional $10 million in salary-cap space, unless Toronto also requires the Heat to take back additional salary in such a trade.
                That would blow for us, but I can't see Bosh taking anything less than the max especially when players like Amar'e and Joe Johnson just signed maximum deals.

Source - Click here

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

That would blow for us, but I can't see Bosh taking anything less than the max especially when players like Amar'e and Joe Johnson just signed maximum deals.

Source - Click here
                  Over on Let's NBA, I posted a link to a Woj column in which he suggests the Heat are still aggressively pursuing LeBron... but that they've got a secondary option in pursuing PG Andre Miller, and the trade bait Woj listed for Miller is the same bait that was being offered for Bosh in a S&T.

Maybe Wade and LeBron finally convinced Bosh to take the hit for the opportunity to put the three of them on one team?

Comment

Even if Bosh takes a tad less to have James added to the Heat...A sign and trade is still in Bosh's best interest as he can get a sixth year added...This way he leaves the Raps at least getting something and he gets his six years....

Trust me he is not going to do the Raps like that....
                    sorry but i dont trust you. hahaha. just kidding man.

from what Bosh has shown the past couple of weeks, i think he is waaaaay more interested in going to a different team and getting his money rather than looking back at the Raps to see what he can do for them. Everybody's been saying "its business", so i dont think Bosh is concerned with whats going to happen to the Raps when he leaves. The only thing thats still tying the two together is the 30mil, 6th year option that Bosh wants. Its not about him saying to the Raps "ill do a s&T so that youll be covered when i leave" but its more like "lets do a sign and trade so i can get my money". i mean common, if Bosh really wanted to do the Raps a favor, he wouldve taken his max money and signed with a team that can give pieces that would improve the Raps. But that aint gonna happen.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

Source - Click here
                      Amar'e signed the max deal but without sixth year .... If CB4 signs directly with Heat, it will be probably at the same as Amar'e contract.

Comment

Can’t say I know about the rest of the Heat roster and how the details of this trade and the rest of the off-season will work out, but ... Wade and Bosh together are likely to be a real force to be reckoned with, for years to come. From a basketball standpoint, I’ll be more than a little interested to see just how good they play together, game-in and game-out. Of course, if things go as I’d like them to, the Raptors will get good enough to help create a real rivalry ... which’ll make it extra fun when we kick their asses. But Bosh and Wade will be great together, for sure. Bring on October ... and Go Raps.

Comment

Even if Bosh takes a tad less to have James added to the Heat...A sign and trade is still in Bosh's best intrest as he can get a sixth year added...This way he leaves the Raps atleast getting something and he gets his six years....

Trust me he is not going to do the Raps like that....
                          I wouldn't swear for a guy we don't know personally. Bosh wants limelight to build his brand. That doesn't have anything to do with his contract but more with his exposure. I think he could very well leave us for nothing.
                          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Just found this on some other site...it's a twitter feed (gross), but it's strange. Also, i have zero context for it (and I'm all about interpreting things with no context. It's what today's best journalists are all about!) Just felt like adding something to all the nonsense, rumour and innuendo. Seems like that's what all the cool kids do.

ReggieEvans30 Sorry T Dot.

Also, I think this is my 100th post. I feel i've reached some kind of lame milestone.

Comment

Yeah I saw that, I don't know if Reggie is apologizing that we're losing CB, or maybe he's getting included in the S & T. Who knows right now.

And grats on post #100.... I think.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I think Riley is using the media (with Henry Thomas) to get what they both want: max deal for Bosh (of the S&T variety - 6 years), but on terms Miami can live with.

All likely part of the game to try to panic sell Toronto into taking Beasley. If it involved only one of Beasley or Chalmers PLUS picks (and a TPE) it would be a decent deal for Toronto. Beasley only has one year on his deal (plus a TEAM option the following). The pick(s) and TPE would be valuable.

AND

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                ReggieEvans30 Sorry T Dot.
                                Is likely a response to hearing Bosh is leaving. There are zero rumours about Evans being part of a deal.
                                http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Working...
                                X