ESPN's Broussard - Source: Bosh to Join The Heat with Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's Broussard - Source: Bosh to Join The Heat with Wade

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN.

Wade and Bosh are expected to announce their decision on Wednesday, according to the source.

James or not, the Heat could emerge as one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference with Wade and Bosh aboard. Wade, who led the Heat to the NBA title in 2006, is re-signing with the club, while Bosh will leave the Toronto Raptors after seven years with the club.

Both players are expected to get the maximum amount allowable under the league's collective bargaining agreement, though the addition of James could change the players' salaries. Contracts cannot be officially signed until July 8.

It was not immediately clear whether Bosh will sign with Miami outright or join the Heat through a sign-and-trade deal. Bosh could earn $125 million over six years via sign-and-trade, but only $96 million over five without it.

"Either way, he's definitely going to Miami," the source said.
    Chris Broussard is an NBA writer for ESPN The Magazine.
    Link: ESPN

I'd imagine its a S&T. Hopefully along the lines that Bucher purposed yesterday.
    http://twitter.com/Liston

I hope Wade gets injured again and we get the pleasure of watching Bosh run around the court with a team made up of d-league guys and ring-seeking vets...

Comment

Bye bye Bosh. Good riddance to someone who didn't want to be here. Typical selfish athlete. Bosh earned his right to be a FA and everyone knew that he was going to be Wades sidekick from the beginning. When Bosh comes back he's earned his boo's. I hope that Miami gets no one in the FA market. Two big FA's and 13 minimium salary players should create a very interesting team.

Comment

This is non news. Actually the only thing that is news about it is that ESPN is finally reporting it after it was thoroughly discussed and predicted on Raptors Republic weeks ago

Thread created on 05/30/10

I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...hlight=sensing

I am going to enjoy my cookies and milk on this one and we all know who has volunteered to supply them. I like double double chocolate.

Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Jul 7, 2010, 08:50 AM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

So now we wait until Thursday to see if the Heat will play the Bulls, Cavs or Knicks on Christmas day.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            This is non news. Actually the only thing that is news about it is that ESPN is finally reporting it after it was thoroughly discussed and predicted on Raptors Republic weeks ago

Thread created on 05/30/10

I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...hlight=sensing

I am going to enjoy my cookies and milk on this one and we all know who has volunteered to supply them. I like double double chocolate.

Congrats Buddahfan on being right with 90% of the people....who cares if your right this site is about the Raptors not you...Your better then this...

As for Bosh going to Miami I hope BC gets a good deal for the Raps

CMon BC

Comment

Bosh to Miami!....ugh

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...h_wade_report/

Comment

Good luck to you Chris.

A special shout out to Colangelo. Side report have it that Bosh might be leaving with NO sign and trade. lol

That would probably allow for King James to show up if he so chooses, and leave the Raps with no returning assests as Colangelo promised all year long in the event this happened.

Even if there is a sign and trade, the Raps had a V.I.P ticket to the biggest party in 2010and BC decided to give it to his buddy Riley. Now they are outside looking in, waiting in line with everyone else, scuffling with bouncers!lol

Colangelo, you are indeed a master strategist!

The misdirected anger and venom the past week directed at Bosh (who cares about some nonsense twitters) should be squarely on the GM's shoulders.

When will someone at MLSE wake-up and get rid of this guy.

Comment

At least we'll get our draft pick back, it'll probably be a good one

Comment

I wonder if the "When will Spoelstra get fired and Riley take over" pool in the Miami Heat offices has started yet

Comment

A "person with knowledge of the situation" is another way of saying an "unnamed source" and "a person close to Bosh/Wade". I'll wait and see.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Dont rule out a sign and trade Bosh is too greedy to lose 30 mil...I would be shocked if he walks with out the S and T.....

Comment

So now the question arises, what do the Raptors get back? I think the TPE and the rights to the Raptors' lotto protected pick that was traded away in the Jermaine trade is a start.

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
                            Dont rule out a sign and trade Bosh is too greedy to lose 30 mil...I would be shocked if he walks with out the S and T.....
                            Riley has been known to hypnotize people one-on-one so I wouldn't be that surprised. Remember that they both have the same agent who can also be an influence.

Comment

Even if Bosh takes a tad less to have James added to the Heat...A sign and trade is still in Bosh's best intrest as he can get a sixth year added...This way he leaves the Raps atleast getting something and he gets his six years....

Trust me he is not going to do the Raps like that....

Comment

Working...
                              X