Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Bosh Signing With Miami (No Sign-and-Trade?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Karim. Again, think about what you're arguing before getting so uppity about it.

Got it?
    haha if you were a GM would you want to help another team in the same conference get a TPE ? really is that what sports is about, helping your competition ?

you'd make a great GM jeff

Comment

• does anyone know if our draft pick that Miami has is lottery protected again this year? If it is i don't care if Bosh signed with Miami straight up, any S&T scenarios made me sick from them anyways. The only thing that would sting a little is if we bombed this year and Miami fans and player followers got to celebrate a deep playoff run AND a top 10 pick...little bastard band wagon jumpers. Anyways now we know this scenario is nearly over with lets just see how our current players develop now, im still excited for this season to start and I dont blame Colangelo for not negotiating a S&T for shit.

Comment

• Karim.

No one on Miami can do anything about this. This would all be incumbent upon Bosh not wanting to totally screw the Raptors. Only he can choose to sign with Miami. Only he can choose to ask for a S&T to Miami from Toronto. This is beyond Pat Riley, Dwayne Wade, Brian Colangelo, or anyone else other than Chris Bosh.

As a side note, there's something called sportsmanship. It ought to play a huge role in any player's approach to sport. It's about treating people with respect. It's about maintaining a professional attitude. It's about not being petty and having hurt feelings dictate your approach to the game. I'll assume you're unfamiliar with this concept.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
          As a side note, there's something called sportsmanship. It ought to play a huge role in any player's approach to sport. It's about treating people with respect. It's about maintaining a professional attitude.

It's about not being petty and having hurt feelings dictate your approach to the game.
          Yeah, leave that to us funs!
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Everybody relax. The ONLY thing Riley would likely offer is Beasley and the TPE. If Colangelo didn't want Beasley and didn't feel he could deal him, then the offer is worthless to Toronto and they'd reject.

Riley has ZERO motivation to offer anything else, so it really doesn't matter what Bosh does. He's already said he's going to Miami to be with his girlfriend regardless of the money. It's over. The horse is dead.

Stop beating it.

Comment

• Might just be a 11th hour s&t because BOSH would not leave $30mill extra... unless he had 100% confirmation from La-BRA-on that he is coming to MIAMI. WHY would BOSH take a pay cut and not have LA-bRA-on? BOSH WANTS MAX MONEY BABE

Comment

• geebee wrote: View Post
                EHe's already said he's going to Miami to be with his girlfriend regardless of the money. It's over. The horse is dead.

Stop beating it.
                Dude,

You dont goto MIAMI with your GF...and there is always regard to MONEY

Comment

• Rouge wrote: View Post
                  Dude,

You dont goto MIAMI with your GF...and there is always regard to MONEY
                  You do if your gf is Dwayne Wade.... and if he's committed himself to Miami then he's got no leverage to demand more money. He's lost.

Comment

Everybody relax. The ONLY thing Riley would likely offer is Beasley and the TPE. If Colangelo didn't want Beasley and didn't feel he could deal him, then the offer is worthless to Toronto and they'd reject.

Riley has ZERO motivation to offer anything else, so it really doesn't matter what Bosh does. He's already said he's going to Miami to be with his girlfriend regardless of the money. It's over. The horse is dead.

Stop beating it.
                    Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that's true. I'm not sure what exactly Bosh said, but if he said that he is willing to sign with Miami outright, that does not mean that he will do so. That may very well be something he said to help force Colangelo's hand. Given the uncertainty with the new CBA (and a potential lockout), and with the fact that Bosh has had injury concerns, he is not likely to want to leave a massive sixth year (I'm guessing, about $24mil or so) out of his deal.

That means that Toronto has something Bosh wants, and Miami does not own Bosh, but rather, they WANT to sign him. If Bosh says to Riley, "if you want me, it has to be through a sign-and-trade," then he is forcing Riley's hand at this point. The announcement has been made, and I suspect the hype machine in Miami is going full-force right now. Failing to secure a deal for Bosh at this point could be catastrophic for them. So Bosh may be doing the right thing for his new team in keeping quiet, but even if he privately says to Riley that he is only signing for the 6-year max, then Riley has no choice but to suck it up and call Colangelo.

In fact, this probably means that the smart play for BC is to just sit tight and NOT call anyone in the Heat's front office. If they call him, he instantly knows that Bosh is demanding that 6-year max, and he has all of the leverage in the deal. It's a game of chicken right now, I suppose.

That being said, BC could probably try to pry info out of Bosh's agent, but I doubt any is forthcoming. Let's just hope that BC does not make that phone call first.

Comment

You do if your gf is Dwayne Wade.... and if he's committed himself to Miami then he's got no leverage to demand more money. He's lost.
                      Just ask Turkoglu about verbal commitments. They hold up quite nicely once it comes to actually signing a contract (just as well as Bosh committing to BC that he would do a S&T if he left).

Comment

• You're right. A verbal commitment means nothing.

However....

I don't see how anyone argues that Bosh has any leverage left. He's played his cards. The ball is in Riley's court now. He won't give up draft picks. He'll try, if anything, to pawn off Beasley. If Colangelo doesn't want Beasley, it's over.

Comment

You're right. A verbal commitment means nothing.

However....

I don't see how anyone argues that Bosh has any leverage left. He's played his cards. The ball is in Riley's court now. He won't give up draft picks. He'll try, if anything, to pawn off Beasley. If Colangelo doesn't want Beasley, it's over.
                          Ok, thank you.
                          You've said that about 20 times already. Watching your own post count?

Comment

• There is one way the Raptors can get a little leverage in a sign and trade with Bosh...
                            http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...anything-back/
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• drizz wrote: View Post
                              Ok, thank you.
                              You've said that about 20 times already. Watching your own post count?
                              I'm just responding to people who disagree with me.

You have some particular problem with that? Go flame somebody else, loser.

Comment

• lets the start the "rupaul" chants
                                ya dun noe

Comment

Working...
                                X