Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Bosh Signing With Miami (No Sign-and-Trade?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Because. It's either that or he leaves Toronto with absolutely nothing, whereby he will be perpetually hated by the team and the city he just called a second home.

Again, it makes absolutely no difference to Miami whether they sign him outright or aquire him through a S&T - so long as the terms of the contract are exactly similar to what Miami was gonna offer anyway. No difference at whatsoever.

The onus would be on Bosh - and only Bosh - to not want to totally screw the franchise that developed him into a max-contract, five-time all-star and that has for years now built around him as the cornerstone of the franchise.
    Well, there IS something else to consider. What would Miami offer?

Bosh can (if he's as nice a guy as you claim) do a S&T without getting extra money, but you're also presuming that Miami would offer something Toronto would want. So, if they only offered Beasley and a TPE. Does BC take it? What are we going to do with Beasley? Make him the mascot?

Comment

OMG. Raps fans are starting to sound like jilted "ex-girlfriends" here. The no S&T was the best thing to happen to the Raps. Look at the VC situation, we got a bag of balls in return. Panicking and calling for someone's head is stupid. This is a business and like any other business, life has to go on. With the new CBA in the horizon, Mr. Bosh did us a favour. Also, don't call Riley a snake. He's doing what is best for his club. Let's face it, he needs to fill out the rest of his roster with someone (the 3 picks he drafted - and then some). Bosh wanted to go to Miami all along. This is the best for the franchise. That, I'll sleep on. Let LeBron join and we'll see them in September. They're good players but they're not God.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

man what's the deal with that pick of ours that miami holds next year? i've searched all over the internet and cannot figure this out. is it protected at least? please tell me it's top 5 protected!

i can get on board with watching a young team struggle and develop next year if i know there's a high pick in the draft coming and a proper rebuild a la thunder, blazers, clippers, hawks, etc, is on the horizon. but if we gotta wait 'til after the new CBA and a potential lock-out for our next high pick i'll be so disheartened i dunno if i'll be able to muster any enthusiasm for raptors ball at all next year.

Comment

Look.

How can anyone argue getting nothing back is in any way, shape or form better than getting a 16.6 million dollar traded player exception? The argument plain and simple makes no sense and unless Brian Colangelo has lost his professional mind, he will make ammends with Bosh and get him to accept a S&T equivalent to Miami's offer. AT THE VERY LEAST - unless of course Bosh for some reason is looking to screw the organization - we'll get that.

And if we get Beasley, I can think of worse players to play our backup SF and primary scorer off the bench. Hell, he'd be an awesome 6th man there given a defensive front court consisting of two of Johnson, Davis and Alabi.
          Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Wed Jul 7, 2010, 02:16 PM. Reason: more

Comment

I think it's ironic that people who were insulting Bosh about wanting a max deal are now angry over the Raptors getting nothing in return since he's (apparently) willing to sign for less.

I know that's not everyone, but I'm sure more than a few people fall into both catagories. (maybe myself included)
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
              I think it's ironic that people who were insulting Bosh about wanting a max deal are now angry over the Raptors getting nothing in return since he's (apparently) willing to sign for less.

I know that's not everyone, but I'm sure more than a few people fall into both catagories. (maybe myself included)
              Actually, I was counting on Bosh wanting a max deal. Unfortunately, I was also counting on him going to the team that would give him the best chance to win, and I thought that would be Houston... not Miami.

Basically, he's given up everything: a chance to be top guy, a max contract, a title shot... all just so he can pal around with Dwayne Wade. Frankly, I never realized the guy was so alluring. I don't see it.

Comment

Actually, we can. As you said, Bosh is "completely UNRESTRICTED."

Bosh can demand, as an unrestricted FA, that we draft a S&T contract for him that equals exactly the contract he agreed upon with Miami.
                bosh cant demand us to do anything... what are you talking about ? that's like saying any UFA can go to any team and demand they sign him for 100 million over 5 years?

bosh cant demand the raps to do anything... trust me !

Comment

Perhaps, BC is in the school of "I-will-lose-my-top-player-for-your-bench-rejects." That's why there's no S&T. Don't forget that Bosh CHOSE to sign for less. My god, if you look at their line-up they have no PG, no center (unless O'Neal stays), no bench. I really wish LeBron goes there (he's heading to NYC says my gut). They will have a lopsided team. More importantly, there's way too much ego there as well. Can you image 3 players that's trying to market themselves. C'mon people. In a small way, we've become the anti-Heat, you know a team that will not have a STAR. Perhaps this approach could work. Maybe this is what Triano is more comfortable in steering. Who knows? Rebuilding means, we don't take bad contracts in return.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Because. It's either that or he leaves Toronto with absolutely nothing, whereby he will be perpetually hated by the team and the city he just called a second home.

Again, it makes absolutely no difference to Miami whether they sign him outright or aquire him through a S&T - so long as the terms of the contract are exactly similar to what Miami was gonna offer anyway. No difference at whatsoever.
                    bro what are you smoking ? if tor / miami do a sign a nd trade... it costs miami MORE... they would have to pay him an extra year and they would hav to pay him 4-5 million more every year. thats where the $30 million come from...

and athletes dont care about being hated... free agents leave all the time...

Comment

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...t-special.html

SVG is great.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                        bro what are you smoking ? if tor / miami do a sign a nd trade... it costs miami MORE... they would have to pay him an extra year and they would hav to pay him 4-5 million more every year. thats where the $30 million come from...

and athletes dont care about being hated... free agents leave all the time...
                        I think jeff's point was that, if he wanted, Bosh could do a S&T for no extra money and no extra year, but just to give something back to the Raps.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's deranged, but I think that's what he was suggesting.

Comment

this is shit
                          BC should be burned and take as much heat as possible

Comment

you're like a 4 year old that believes in santa clause....

in a few weeks, miami will be bosh's second home, and he will be like toronto what ?

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                              I think jeff's point was that, if he wanted, Bosh could do a S&T for no extra money and no extra year, but just to give something back to the Raps.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's deranged, but I think that's what he was suggesting.
                              haha why would he want to hurt his new team by forcing them to give up draft picks and trade exceptions, when his team desperately needs all that in order to win...

draft picks fill out your roster for cheap, which is what the heat are going to need and bosh knows this.

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                                bosh cant demand us to do anything... what are you talking about ? that's like saying any UFA can go to any team and demand they sign him for 100 million over 5 years?

bosh cant demand the raps to do anything... trust me !
                                Well, technically, any FA can in fact go to any team and demand they sign him. Bosh could go to the Hornets and ask them to buy him 50 acres of prime real estate on the Moon and 3 comely lasses of virtue true if he felt so inclined. It's not likely to work, mostly because those things aren't negotiable in an NBA contract, as far as i know, but they can do it if they want.

The point is Bosh has all the power now. He made a power move, and it looks as if his move was succesful. He can leave for nothing, or he can leave for something. Something - a TPE - is better than nothing. Bosh knows this. BC knows this. Bosh can "ask" (is that better?) in no uncertain terms for a S&T contract, knowing the Raptors will have little choice in the matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X