No announcement yet.

"Progress" with S&T; Will Be for Picks, Cash and TPE, Not Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Beasley is a better player than the guy we just signed for 7 million a year and anyone who says he isn't is delusional.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      LeBron isn't going to Miami....
      Scratch that, apparently...
      http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...se_miami_heat/
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
        Well Beasley is a better player than the guy we just signed for 7 million a year and anyone who says he isn't is delusional.
        It depends on what you mean by better. Is Beasley more TALENTED? Sure. Is he a better scorer? Definitely. Is he going to help a team more than Johnson? I highly doubt it. Beasley, at this point, is a one dimensional player who does not do what he is good at all that effectively at the moment. He's going to hurt you on the defensive end and hasn't really adjusted to the NBA, at this point, so is not an efficient scorer at all.

Johnson helps the team on both ends, hustles, rebounds and will improve a team's chances of winning simply by being on the court.

If Beasley fulfills his potential, he can be a 20+/8 player who can create mismatches on offensive and make highlight reels. He'll never be a good defender, though, and I, personally, place as much value on defense as I do on offense. Maybe more. If you have a player who hurts you on one end of the court, he better be damn good on the other end to make up for it. At this point, Beasley doesn't, which is why Miami has been trying to trade him.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If Colangelo trades for Beasley, he will be know as the GM that handed LeBron on a platter to the Miami Heat. No thanks.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
            If Colangelo trades for Beasley, he will be know as the GM that handed LeBron on a platter to the Miami Heat. No thanks.
            Agreed.

But if you're Riley and you're trying to recruit LeBron, how does giving away your picks and giving Bosh the max help you? The only reason for Miami to do the S&T is if they get rid of Beasley so they get a shot at LeBron. Otherwise, Riley would be shooting himself in the foot.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              It depends on what you mean by better. Is Beasley more TALENTED? Sure. Is he a better scorer? Definitely. Is he going to help a team more than Johnson? I highly doubt it. Beasley, at this point, is a one dimensional player who does not do what he is good at all that effectively at the moment. He's going to hurt you on the defensive end and hasn't really adjusted to the NBA, at this point, so is not an efficient scorer at all.

Johnson helps the team on both ends, hustles, rebounds and will improve a team's chances of winning simply by being on the court.

If Beasley fulfills his potential, he can be a 20+/8 player who can create mismatches on offensive and make highlight reels. He'll never be a good defender, though, and I, personally, place as much value on defense as I do on offense. Maybe more. If you have a player who hurts you on one end of the court, he better be damn good on the other end to make up for it. At this point, Beasley doesn't, which is why Miami has been trying to trade him.
              agree completely...except, i have no issue taking a flier on a 21-yr old guy with obvious talent who's got something to play for (i.e. a new contract). the idea that he wouldn't be on his 'best behaviour' with whatever team he ends up on this coming season is silly. IMO, his bad rep started at the rookie orientation camp, and since then, his offcourt life has been scrutinized. doesn't help he played in miami, or that he was such a high pick.

bottom line - if BC is adamant about not taking back beasley in a S&T, and it's the ONLY thing that kills a trade, then he's an even bigger idiot than i've assumed all along. hell, if the consensus is that he's a total poison, you still do the deal & either deal him immediately for nothing, or you buy him out (which would be dumb, IMO). BC simply cannot get NOTHING for bosh. believe me, i in no way believe beasley is a guy who'd help the raptors (at least as they're currently constructed - you remove bargs & hedo & replace them with even decent defenders, and it's a different story), but the idea that a deal doesn't get done because of him is silly. fuck all the BS about not wanting to give the heat a better shot at acquiring james, if the 3 of them are adamant about playing together, they'll make it happen one way or the other.
              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

I am absolutely fine with this reported deal. Picks are what I want and in particular, our pick since you never now what can happen in four years. I wouldn't mind getting Beasley either but I would actually rather have picks (2 firsts) than Beasley any day of the week. I don't think you'll see anything announced until LBJ decides though. If he says Miami, I think this whole S&T idea goes out the window.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                  If BC does not take Beasley, Miami and Cleveland could S&T Lebron for Beasley and Chalmers.

Comment

The Raps have to get their first rounder back. I'm not clear on what the terms of that trade are, but I think it would be a nightmare situation if the Raps played this season out, lost 55 games, and then had a top 5 pick in the hands of a stacked Miami team. That type of situation would set the Raps back another year.

Comment

Any news???

So any news on S &T...haven't heard nothing???
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I don't think anything will get finalized until after Lebron's "Decision" tonight.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                          I don't think anything will get finalized until after Lebron's "Decision" tonight.
                          I love the way LeBron's camp have been suggesting that he hasn't made up his mind yet... like he's going to walk out in front of the ESPN cameras at 9 pm and flip a coin or something. (mind you, that would be hilarious...)

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                            The Raps have to get their first rounder back. I'm not clear on what the terms of that trade are, but I think it would be a nightmare situation if the Raps played this season out, lost 55 games, and then had a top 5 pick in the hands of a stacked Miami team. That type of situation would set the Raps back another year.
                            The pick is protected, if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, we would eventually lose it, and that would be rough.

I'm on board with not wanting Beasley. If we're trying to rebuild this team the right way, the last thing we need are headcases who can't play defense. The guy has potential to be good, sure. He also has the potential to randomly check into a rehab facility for undisclosed reasons. Furthermore, he would take minutes away from the guys we have at the 4 who play the way we all seemingly want the Raps bigs to play, and seem to be high character guys (Amir and hopefully Ed Davis).

And the notion that we could just flip him again if he doesn't work out is absurd. NO ONE wants this guy right now. Miami has spent the last few weeks trying to give him away for basically nothing, and got no takers. If we took him on and it didn't work out, that would only further decrease his trade value, as it would become evident that Beasley's problems are his own, and not a result of the situation he's been placed in in Miami. At best, we would end up trading him for lesser talent, and we would all be on here complaining about how BC doesn't get fair value in his trades.

I'd much rather avoid the whole potential headache, especially considering he may not actually help that much on the court.

Comment

Wasn't Beasley offered to the Nets for Keyon Dooling and the Nets rejected? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere and being surprised by how much teams want to stay away from this guy.

Comment

santimo wrote: View Post
                                Wasn't Beasley offered to the Nets for Keyon Dooling and the Nets rejected? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere and being surprised by how much teams want to stay away from this guy.
                                It was a rumor and who knows if it was real or not. I could definitely see Miami trying to trade Beasley for Dooling for his $0.5 mil buyout, of course, but maybe New Jersey thought they had a chance at the big FAs as well and didn't want to add salary either.

Comment

Working...
                                X