Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIGNING: Kleiza To Raptors (Update: Pg. 23/Post #183)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF wrote: View Post
    he's almost like delfino except a bit better solid defender.
    I don't see how he's like Delfino at all. Delfino is much more athletic, can create his own shot (relatively speaking), and is a decent defender.

Kleiza is more of an undersized 4, likes to bang inside, and will get blown by sufficiently by NBA 3s to earn him the revolving door label.

Comment

ya,so because brandon jennings played in italy but he's american he's a euro, am i wrong?
      You're funny and make poor analogies. Jennings obviously learned basketball in the States, unless you think he went to high school in Europe as well, in which case I can't really help you there.

If we go by your analogy, all NBA players are American.

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
        Except Kleiza would not be a "Euro" based on where he played basketball. He played high school and college ball in the US, and was drafted straight from college, so it's not like he was trained by a Euro system anymore than Kevin Durant or anyone who played for Missouri.

So really, race IS the issue here, because you people can't seem to look past his name and/or skin color.
        Quixotic wrote: View Post
        You're funny and make poor analogies. Jennings obviously learned basketball in the States, unless you think he went to high school in Europe as well, in which case I can't really help you there.

If we go by your analogy, all NBA players are American.
        what do you mean it was your analogy i'm backing you up?!

sheez,how much of a jackass can you be?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

what do you mean it was your analogy i'm backing you up?!

sheez,how much of a jackass can you be?
          Well, if you were, I apologize. But what you said could also be used to say Jennings is no more European for having played overseas than Kleiza is American for having played ball in the States. :-p

Comment

• Whodathunk a Linas Kleiza thread would become what I think is the most viewed and posted on thread on this site? And it's only been a few hours! Haha

Comment

• Ha, I know, people are working themselves into a frenzy here today. I think I'm going to take a break and come back tomorrow.

Later!
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Kleiza has a shocking resemblance to Viktor Krum from harry potter

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  Ha, I know, people are working themselves into a frenzy here today. I think I'm going to take a break and come back tomorrow.

Later!
                  aka.. work day is over. (for me anyways)

Comment

• ANYONE REMEMBER GARBOSA??? He sounds very similar to that kind of player, and really it's not much of a cap hit. I only see positives in this move. A good bench player.

NOW LET''S CONCENTRATE ON THE STARTING LINE UP BRYAN!

sidenote: Childress would have been nice!

Comment

• Right when i was hearing all the right things from BC "young, athletic, potential" he goes and signs this guy. Can we fuckin REBUILD already! this retooling shit is dumb. get ride of calderon and turkaglu for young guys or draft picks.!

Comment

• I don't know if this was posted yesterday or not but RealGM has it dated today
                        Raptors' Offer To Kleiza Is Front-Loaded

Jul 09, 2010 2:24 PM EST

The four-year, $18.8 million offer sheet that the Raptors signed restricted free agent Linas Kleiza to earlier this week is front-loaded, according to Chris Tomasson of FanHouse.

Kleiza said the first year of the offer is worth $5 million, a move made by Toronto to keep Denver from matching the offer.

Via Chris Tomasson/FanHouse
                        http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir..._front_loaded/
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• My Name is "D-Nice" wrote: View Post
                          Right when i was hearing all the right things from BC "young, athletic, potential" he goes and signs this guy. Can we fuckin REBUILD already! this retooling shit is dumb. get ride of calderon and turkaglu for young guys or draft picks.!
                          i don't think that will work ouit we need to get two or more star layers here and surround them with young talent which we have.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Linas Kleiza's Contract

Toronto Raptors offered Kleiza $18.8 mill for 4 years. It's a front-loaded contact which means the value of the contract is going to to start at the highest value ($ 5mill) and decrease as years go on.

http://twitter.com/christomasson/status/18116654707

Comment

• d1m45h wrote: View Post
                              Toronto Raptors offered Kleiza $18.8 mill for 4 years. It's a front-loaded contact which means the value of the contract is going to to start at the highest value ($ 5mill) and decrease as years go on.

http://twitter.com/christomasson/status/18116654707
                              as you can see we know.

Comment

• This works even better in the Raptors' favour. I like these types of contracts far more for players who aren't going to get much better. It makes them much easier to trade later on, and makes their contract less and less of an issue if things don't go well.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X