Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the trade exception toronto could turn linas into a sign and trade. THen use that free TPE to trade for CHildress. Atlanta wants to sign shaq and certainly doesn't need CHildress. THis would reunite Childress and LInas to build on their success at the Euro's. Hopefully this happens. I think that would make us a playoff team maybe 8th seed

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
      The ESPN report said that they also agreed to swap future first round picks, though it doesn't say for what year. Regardless I can't see Minnesota being good any time soon, so it could turn out to be a nice addition down the line.
      How does the right to swap picks factor when picks are traded? If we Miami trades us their first rounder in the year that they have the option of swapping picks, does the right to swap automatically get included with the pick? Does it stay with Miami and get pushed to the following year? Can Miami trade their 'right to trade picks' without actually trading a pick?

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
        With the trade exception toronto could turn linas into a sign and trade. THen use that free TPE to trade for CHildress. Atlanta wants to sign shaq and certainly doesn't need CHildress. THis would reunite Childress and LInas to build on their success at the Euro's. Hopefully this happens. I think that would make us a playoff team maybe 8th seed
        Childress sucks. I would rather give Bargnani's backup minutes to Alabi than Childress
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I thought this was hilarious when I read it. Miami and Minnesota agreeing to swap draft picks is apparently supposed to be what Minnesota got. In other words, Minnesota asked for it in order to help them. Anyone think Miami is going to draft below Minnesota anytime in the near future?
          Thank God Riley has found a new victim

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Comment

Im just glad something is almost done
            as long as we get our pick plus one of theirs i think we should all be happy

Comment

Childress stats are pretty solid and he plays pretty good defense. Still pretty young at 27 and could be a defensive stopper on the perimeter. Better then Demar or Weems at this point. It will be good to see the summer league games to see how the young gunz play with davis and alabi. Then we can see what the raptors have next year.

Comment

Done deal!!!

http://twitter.com/michaelgrange
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Some of the TPE packaged with Calderon could maybe get CP3 plus a couple of draft picks. We can only dream
                  This is a rewrite...CP just signed with LJ's mgmt. company. I suspect in a year at most he is headed for Miami....which not only makes CP a toxic asset (unless he signs an extension when traded) as well as take Collison off the market. Damn.

Comment

This TPE is enough to absorb all of CP3's contract outright. The raps could trade Banks and Evans combined for Okafor, thus relieving NO of both contracts (the thinking is they go together because NO wants to get rid of Okafor but nobody will take him without also demanding CP3). The Raps could then deal Calderon and Turkoglu separately for more swingman help or future considerations. The resulting team would likely be much better than last year's.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                      Wow. An 8th seed! That's exciting. Let's everyone hear it for mediocrity!

Sorry, but trying to barely make the playoffs will hurt the team's long term chances at being a contender far more than Bosh leaving will.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      I don't know all the trade details but Beasley is still worth something especially to a team like the T-Wolves. It will be interesting to see what they do with Love and Beasley. They also are loaded with SF's Maybe Beasley will be repackaged.
                      The T-Wolves are certainly acquiring a lot of young pieces. I'm not sure what they are going to do with them. Someone on hear mentioned that they were going after Ridnour, too. I guess you can never have enough PGs, SFs or PFs.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• How about Antonio Davis, or Hedo Turkoglu. The former was used wisely while the latter was wasted by a reluctant coaching staff who wanted to run the ball through a point guard who has not lived up to his pre-contract potential. Remember when Jose Calderone was considered a potential all-star point guard who NEVER missed a free throw? I sure do.

P.S. - Antonio Davis was one tough SOB to play against and he carried the Raptor defense while Air Canada got all the press - until Vince decided not to miss his graduation ceremony.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                          Childress stats are pretty solid and he plays pretty good defense. Still pretty young at 27 and could be a defensive stopper on the perimeter. Better then Demar or Weems at this point. It will be good to see the summer league games to see how the young gunz play with davis and alabi. Then we can see what the raptors have next year.
                          My bad I thought you were referring to Chandler. Childress is good and I would have loved to have had the Raptors sign him. Now however I I don't see the Raptors signing or obtaining another wing player unless Denver matches on Kleiza.

Other than maybe swapping Calderon for a PG, preferably CP3 I don't see the Raptors making another trade this summer. Of course BC could surprise.

If Denver doesn't match on Kleiza the Raptors will have 13 players on their roster including Alabi. I see them adding one or maybe two more. One a center, hopefully the Amazing Cheikh Samb and maybe Dorsey.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                            My bad I thought you were referring to Chandler. Childress is good and I would have loved to have had the Raptors sign him. Now however I I don't see the Raptors signing or obtaining another wing player unless Denver matches on Kleiza.

Other than maybe swapping Calderon for a PG, preferably CP3 I don't see the Raptors making another trade this summer. Of course BC could surprise.

If Denver doesn't match on Kleiza the Raptors will have 13 players on their roster including Alabi. I see them adding one or maybe two more. One a center, hopefully the Amazing Cheikh Samb and maybe Dorsey.
                            ya i agree. With BC coming out and saying that he doenst want to lose (who really does when its your job to win?) it doesnt seem likely that he will blow up the team. There might be one or 2 minor trades to obtain a draft pick or two but thats about it. That being said i dont see how we can win with this team...

Comment

• Is Bosh okay with the S&T details? or does he want to wait to see how long Dwayne and Bron sign for first?

Comment

• OK, one more mention of Chris Paul and im going to puke. Why in the world would Paul want to play here? Unless he's delusional and thinks he's the reincarnation of oscar robertson and plans to take on the Miami Thrice himself. Give it a rest people. If you were Paul, would you come to Toronto? Of course youd try and team up with other superstars like DHow or even with Amare. If he wanted to go his own way to win a championship, he'd stay in NO.

If we use the TPE and split it over a couple of "good" players then there's no point. Might as well tank the season and wait for the lottery next year. But i think we still have good pieces here to use to maybe even get into the playoffs IF we can use the TPE to get a superstar/starter, but might be impossible at this point.

who can we get for $16mil?

Comment

Working...
                                X