Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RikkJames wrote: View Post
    Is Bosh okay with the S&T details? or does he want to wait to see how long Dwayne and Bron sign for first?
    here's the expected contracts

bosh:6yrs

lbj:5yrs/opt out clause on 4th year

wade:6 years/opt out clause on 5th year.

i'm not sure on the number but i think they're all maxes.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
      Might as well tank the season and wait for the lottery next year. But i think we still have good pieces here to use to maybe even get into the playoffs IF we can use the TPE to get a superstar/starter, but might be impossible at this point.

who can we get for $16mil?
      Ok, so we tank the season and luck smiles on us and we get the 1st pick. Then what? We had the first pick a few years ago, if I recall. I don't see any promised land in our future.

Who's to say that next year's number 1 pick would be any more likely to develop into a dominant NBA superstar? How many of the past dozen number 1 picks are considered league "superstars"? Half? Probably less.

Tanking a season doesn't guarantee us anything except a losing record.

Comment

OK, one more mention of Chris Paul and im going to puke. Why in the world would Paul want to play here? Unless he's delusional and thinks he's the reincarnation of oscar robertson and plans to take on the Miami Thrice himself. Give it a rest people. If you were Paul, would you come to Toronto? Of course youd try and team up with other superstars like DHow or even with Amare. If he wanted to go his own way to win a championship, he'd stay in NO.

If we use the TPE and split it over a couple of "good" players then there's no point. Might as well tank the season and wait for the lottery next year. But i think we still have good pieces here to use to maybe even get into the playoffs IF we can use the TPE to get a superstar/starter, but might be impossible at this point.

who can we get for $16mil?
        chris paul, bahahahaha
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• geebee wrote: View Post
          Ok, so we tank the season and luck smiles on us and we get the 1st pick. Then what? We had the first pick a few years ago, if I recall. I don't see any promised land in our future.

Who's to say that next year's number 1 pick would be any more likely to develop into a dominant NBA superstar? How many of the past dozen number 1 picks are considered league "superstars"? Half? Probably less.

Tanking a season doesn't guarantee us anything except a losing record.
          hahaha dude, i was being sarcastic on that part of my post. please read the whole thing. What im pointing out is if we will split the TPE to get mediocre players, then thats just the same as tanking the season.

I dont want us to get mediocre players for the TPE because i dont want us to tank the season.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
            chris paul, bahahahaha
            Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Jul 9, 2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

hahaha dude, i was being sarcastic on that part of my post. please read the whole thing. What im pointing out is if we will split the TPE to get mediocre players, then thats just the same as tanking the season.

I dont want us to get mediocre players for the TPE because i dont want us to tank the season.
              Sorry, misunderstood.

Don't worry. BC won't split the TPE. He'll find a solid $8-10 mill a year guy and give it all to him, because our GM is a generous guy.

Comment

• geebee wrote: View Post
                Sorry, misunderstood.

Don't worry. BC won't split the TPE. He'll find a solid $8-10 mill a year guy and give it all to him, because our GM is a generous guy.
                no worries.
                thats what im actually expecting.
                we get a tier 2 guy and overpay him.
                always been the case.

Comment

• I could see him going after a guy like AK. Chances are if they're going to use a TPE on a player, the other team is trying to dump a bloated contract.

Comment

• Roarque wrote: View Post
                    How about Antonio Davis, or Hedo Turkoglu. The former was used wisely while the latter was wasted by a reluctant coaching staff who wanted to run the ball through a point guard who has not lived up to his pre-contract potential. Remember when Jose Calderone was considered a potential all-star point guard who NEVER missed a free throw? I sure do.

P.S. - Antonio Davis was one tough SOB to play against and he carried the Raptor defense while Air Canada got all the press - until Vince decided not to miss his graduation ceremony.
                    Antonio Davis was used to be a role player. Turkoglu was used to having the ball in his hands. You could plug Davis on any team and he would be useful. Tukoglu requires a specific situation to take advantage of his skills.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I could see him going after a guy like AK. Chances are if they're going to use a TPE on a player, the other team is trying to dump a bloated contract.
                      would he be a fit with the Raps? would he greatly improve the team? But isnt AK a SF? so he would overlap with Hedo?

How about Chris Kaman?

Comment

• I Think The TPE will only be usefull if somehow we get paul lol
                        ya dun noe

Comment

would he be a fit with the Raps? would he greatly improve the team? But isnt AK a SF? so he would overlap with Hedo?

How about Chris Kaman?
                          You assume that the Raptors want to keep Hedo long term after Hedo demanded a trade and the Raptors have been looking for suitors.

Why would the Clippers want the TPE over Kaman?

Comment

• I think the best option is to wait for the season to start and see which teams are underachieving and wait for a Washington esque combustion. I know Apollo doesn't think they are too common, but every team in the West has playoff aspirations except maybe GS who made one of the worst moves i've ever heard of. So maybe they will dump Ellis since they are in full retard mode and worst case scenario I think Steve Nash can be pried for nothing since Sarver is also a retard.

The only goal for BC should be to acquire a top flight point guard, every other position has depth or a young player in need of more burn.

Comment

• mo-sales wrote: View Post
                              The only goal for BC should be to acquire a top flight point guard, every other position has depth or a young player in need of more burn.
                              I would change that to "primary goal" but generally, yeah, top flight point guard would be nice. I fear we have two awesome back up PG's. I like them both in that role. I like Calderon better.

Would be tough to beat Arenas in terms of top flight point guard. That would open up a lot for us. Obviously Collison as well. Both would be excellent choices.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                I would change that to "primary goal" but generally, yeah, top flight point guard would be nice. I fear we have two awesome back up PG's. I like them both in that role. I like Calderon better.

Would be tough to beat Arenas in terms of top flight point guard. That would open up a lot for us. Obviously Collison as well. Both would be excellent choices.
                                Please, not Arenas. A shoot first PG with a very checkered off court history and who already may be past him prime. That would be an awful idea.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X