Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk Diggler wrote: View Post
    Does any body know if we could use the trade exemption to give away salary and get nothing in return? This way we could just give away turk for some picks or nothing at all.
    No, that's how you get a Trade Exepction in the first place - give away salary and get none in return.

To use it the Raptors give away no salary (the TPE) and get some back in return (or picks, I think).
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Maybe get back Shane Battier as a player? He could mentor demar and sonny. We could then get rid of Turk...

Does any body know if we could use the trade exemption to give away salary and get nothing in return? This way we could just give away turk for some picks or nothing at all.
      Trade Exceptions are used as a way of gaining salary, not giving it away. if you want to "give" Turk away for no salary, you have to trade him to a team that is under the cap by 9.8 million dollars.

Comment

Good to see BC working his magic
        ya dun noe

Comment

if we get kleiza. we have turkoglu,weems,kleiza,bellinelli,derozan, that can all play sf and sg you add battier or scola or ariza... log jam!

there all basically of equal talent you just egt stupidness. a few would have to go.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

This only works if we get rid of Turk. We could have sonny, demar, kleiza, and battier. Bellineli is cheap and a expendable salary that some other team may want.

Demar and battier would start and sonny and kleiza come off the bench. Call me crazy, but if either demar pans out as a scorer this would be a good great line up and good depth for our sg and sf positions...

Comment

That can only happen if the team we're trading Turk to has enough cap space to a absorb his contract, or has an appropriate trade exception.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                A trade exemption doesn't seem to signal that. That would signal that they are going to hijack an overpaid star from a floundering franchise and hope that he can gel with all the spare parts that BC is accumulating, maybe BC should go on A&E's hoarders.

I'm starting to like the trade exemption more and more. The West is going to be full retard next year. Name three teams that you can guarantee will miss the playoffs, you can't. More than a couple teams are going to be eating pavement and looking to shed salary. Could Nash make the raps pretenders in the East?

Portland could hit the cellar and potentially be shopping Roy...
                A trade exception could mean anything. They could hold onto it until the next draft and take on a player to get a draft pick, as Oklahoma and a couple of other teams did. They could use it to help a team dump salary in exchange for a draft pick or young player. They could simply want the trade exception because they didn't want salary back and wanted the draft pick(s), and have no intention of using it.

As for Portland shopping Roy, I don't think they would be that stupid, but if Portland doesn't do well this year, they might very well be ready to deal.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

4 Team deal in the works?

I'm listening to the fan 590 and E Smith is talking to Micheal Wallace of the Miami Herald and has reported that there is an apparent 4 team deal in the works with the Raptors getting a mix of young players and draft picks. It's good to hear that there is still a chance of something going down that will end up with the Raptors getting some assets.

Comment

Yea that is true, but BC is stuck in the old hand style of being a general manager. I fully expect him to try and rebound Bosh's departure with a big name.

I'm also of the opinion that it is better for the young guys to get playoff experience and dabble in mediocrity rather than build a culture of losing and possibly get trapped in a perennially lottery bound 30 year rebuild like the Clippers.

I wasn't of this opinion when the raps were trying to make the playoffs this past season, but the East is wide open this year and if they can add a point guard there is no stopping them from going deep into the first round.

You think its a coincidence that the best GM in the league, Sam Presti didn't go after any free agents and quietly resigned the soon to be best player in the game.
                    The only purpose of cap space should be to resign your own players and take on other teams bad contracts in return for picks and young talent. When Presti got Kurt Thomas and two numbers ones from Phoenix, it signaled to me the end of an era and the dawn of a new phase of basketball and any team that used it cap space to sign guys not named Wade or Bron are sadly still using the obsolete model.

Comment

Simple, if Houston throws in Ariza or Battier in the deal in the direction of the Raptors, the deal gets done.
                      obviously that's not what they 're offering in the 3.5 million salary.

Toronto would get Ariza or Battier , their first round pick back, plus a trade exception of around 7 millions or so;

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
                        I'm listening to the fan 590 and E Smith is talking to Micheal Wallace of the Miami Herald and has reported that there is an apparent 4 team deal in the works with the Raptors getting a mix of young players and draft picks. It's good to hear that there is still a chance of something going down that will end up with the Raptors getting some assets.
                        You better be telling the truth... or I will trade you for Beastor beasley

Comment

This has already been posted and added as a Hot Topic on the front page.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2841

I'll lock this up.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                            This has already been posted and added as a Hot Topic on the front page.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2841

I'll lock this up.
                            I just merged to the 2 threads Arse.

Comment

Positive sign for a S&T - Marc Stein just tweeted that Charlotte is "highly motivated" to get Beasley. One would think that if any coach could get him to get serious it would be Larry Brown. Though I guess he never responded to Pat Riley's old-school approach.

Comment

Riley wasn't the coach. Being around Larry Brown day by day should be a positive thing for him.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X