Amir Johnsons Signing Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Johnsons Signing Press Conference

I just watched the announcement for signing Amir Johnson, and all he kept talking about was the money, the money, man they gave me $34 mil, i'm so happy, i'm so happy about the money.

Haha, just shows you that he can't believe him self the Raptors gave him that much, has to be one of the worst signings in Raptors history.

Nice interpretation but he didn't say the word money once.

He did say multiple times that he was smiling all day, and you rightly can assume it's partly because of the money, but he also said that he enjoys it in Toronto, that he likes how the fans have embraced him and have told him they wanted to see him back.

It was a funny moment when Amir mentioned "25-30" after a question about other team's interest and it seemed like BC gave him a little look. I don't think he was supposed to mention any number, ha.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

ya, he never said anything about the money at all besides that being completely unprofessional nobody would ever say that in public unless you are T.O.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'm just pissed that Raptors TV didn't show the BC only scrum dealing with Bosh etc. that BC originally said would happen after they took a photo. They keep replaying the Amir part over and over. Maybe he got called away on important business.

Comment

He never mentioned the word "money" but it doesn't take a genius to figure out, he was lets just say extremely happy that the Raptors offered him that much, and yeah he is worth $20-$25 at the most.

A very bad signing in my eyes, but what do i know, haha.

Comment

Yeah, maybe to finish the S&T. Hope we get something good back.

Comment

That 25-30 comment made me smile, I mean who else would actually answer that? Just great stuff.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Question on the 25-30 comment... someone asked him how much the other offers were and he said 25-30 million?

Comment

The problem is that no one here has any idea how many years that $20 - $25 represented. It could be Amir expected an offer for only 3 years or 4 years. I seriously doubt that he figured he would get a five year offer. Usually only stars get five year offers. Isn't that what Bosh is getting from Miami?
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Right now I can't recall the exact words but...

The question was something like "what was your agent telling you about the interest (may have been "offers") from other teams?"

Amir said something like "There was a bit interest. Around 25-30." Add a few "um"'s in there too. BC's hand was on his chin at the time and he just turned his head to look at Amir after he drops the figures.

So either that was the moment when BC finally found out the other teams true interest in Amir, or he was not supposed to mention any number figures. Or both. I'm guessing that number would be for shorter term contracts though.

Comment

can someone please post the amir johnson interview? ive only seen BC introduce him

Comment

Nothing up yet on Raptors.com

But there is a replay of the live chat http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptorspa...reeagents.html

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          The problem is that no one here has any idea how many years that $20 - $25 represented. It could be Amir expected an offer for only 3 years or 4 years. I seriously doubt that he figured he would get a five year offer. Usually only stars get five year offers. Isn't that what Bosh is getting from Miami?
                          Thank you. He got a three year contract from the Pistons, and the Raptors only gave Kleiza a 4 year offer. Most likely, the Raptors offer was longer than anyone else's, but there's no indication it was for more per season than anyone else. But let's not let that get in the way of a good bitch session, shall we?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            Nothing up yet on Raptors.com

But there is a replay of the live chat http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptorspa...reeagents.html
                            thank you, appreciate it dont know why raps.com hasnt put it up yet...

Comment

http://www.nba.com/raptors/

The video is up now.

Comment

Working...
                              X