Raps 2010-11 Bench Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps 2010-11 Bench Situation

Was just thinking about and even though our starting 5 will more then likely be anything short of "spectacular" this season, our bench is actually shaping up to be pretty competitive. With the signing of Kleiza (assuming the offer-sheet goes through) and Amir is out starting PF, our bench is starting to look something like this:

C- Alabi

PF- davis, Evans, Dorsey ()

SF- Kleiza, Weems

SG- Weems, Belinelli

PG- Jack/Calderon, Banks

with the exception of any trades that might occur in the next little while, seems like our bench will display alot or energy, enthusiasm and hustle off the pine this season. maybe not the greatest but competitive and fun to watch this season.

what ya'll think?

will alabi play this year or will he be playin in the d-league or stay playin in the eastern side of the earth?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Next little while meaning until October when the season starts?
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Is not the bench I am worried about, we are short on starters . We just signed Amir and Kleiza and we already have bench warmers from last season!

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
          Next little while meaning until October when the season starts?
          yea, just put in the line-up as it stands right now, didnt include if we were to add anybody else or remove anybody through trades and signings

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            will alabi play this year or will he be playin in the d-league or stay playin in the eastern side of the earth?
            haha yea very true, havent seen alot of him and not really sold on him either right now at least until i see him play but with that said, i could be wrong

Comment

Cheikh Samb will beat out Dorsey, hopefully. You guys/gals who will either be in Las Vegas starting this weekend or be able to watch the games on NBA TV or NBA broadband will get a real treat if you have never before seen the Amazing Cheikh Samb. In 30 career D-League games he averaged 3.8 blocks per game. He can also shoot and make the mid-range jump shot and an occasional short corner three. Just don't ask him to post up.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Why Are We signing another unathletic white european??? Is anyone else about to Cry besides me??? Calderon, Belinelli, Turkoglu, Kleiza and Bargnani! Make sure we shut down Yonge St., cause we're starting the parade early!! FML! FML! FML!!!

Comment

Jesus Christ, I hope Denver matches for Kleiza. Or he decides to stay in Europe. Anyway, like insight_tor said, who cares about the bench? You win with starters in most leagues, or so I've been led to believe. Those are the ones you want to develop. All this means is we're stocked full of mediocre players.

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
                    Why Are We signing another unathletic white european??? Is anyone else about to Cry besides me??? Calderon, Belinelli, Turkoglu, Kleiza and Bargnani! Make sure we shut down Yonge St., cause we're starting the parade early!! FML! FML! FML!!!
                    Come on man... It doesn't matter if he's european or not. He played college ball and understand the in's and outs in the NBA. Anthony Parker played in europe and he's turned into a pretty solid NBA player. He can shoot, get at it on the defensive end, may need to work on his rebounding but at least give the kid a chance.

Comment

Kleiza hasnt even played a game for the Raptors yet stop bashing him. And yeah for sure we have a good bench so now depending on what BC gets back from Miami, if anything, some new starters on their way for training camp hopefully.

Comment

It does seem like a pretty decent bench. But I think we somehow need to trade Evans and release Dorsey to get Joel Anthony. I don't think any of the guys at the 4 spot have the size to play the 5 in the nba (at least for now), even for very limited minutes.

I am intrigued with Alabi's game, but I don't think he can contribute much next season and we need a serviceable back-up center. I think Anthony can fit this role incredibly well and him being Canadian will bode well with many Raptors fans. Not many people are happy with the organization and I could see this as a step in the right direction on the PR front.

The best way to get this done would be through the S/T with Bosh to Miami. Hopefully his name is mentioned in the deal...

Comment

this team is still going to look different, to look at this team as is right now is pointless, calderon or jack will be gone and at the trade deadline evans and banks will be gone. hopefully turkaglu will be gone soon too.

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
                            How exactly is Kleiza unathletic? He looks like a strong 6'8 with a good motor and first step, who can finish at the rim with force. He probably lacks foot speed defensively, but if he hustles and crashes the boards he'll fit right into a new defensive culture. It's not like we have any dependable scorers off the bench as it, nor do we have any 3/4s other than Turk (who is much less athletic than Kleiza).

Comment

toronto should make ronnie brewer a offer and/or raja bell or larry hughs. I would even like to see rafer alston back here.

I want to see solomon play on saturday in the summer league game to get a feel for if he can start at center for us. That would allow barg to play power forward which I think he should be playing cause he doesn't put his back to the basket very often. When Davis or amir or evans hit the floor barg can move back to the center spot.

I don't think we should let go of turk just yet, I never felt we used him right last year. When he was in orlando they would spread the court and run a pick and roll with him and howard which gave both of the space to do their thing because lord knows neither of them are very quick. kleiza coming off the bench at the forward spot is good because he can play the D turk lacks. Another thing is both turk and kleiza r big bodies which take up space on the court which is always good.

Weems looked the best out of him and derozon at the close of the season so unless i see something different in summer league weems should start. Both play pretty good D calderon and jack made the back court look really bad with all the breakdowns from the point of attack, so I think these guys can hold their own if we get a defensive guard.

IF we go with the mind set that we are going to be a half court team this year then all we need is someone to bring up the ball play D and hit shots. rafer is a small guard but has a great ability to put people in positions to score which is why I mentioned him. larry hughs can't shot well but has above avg D. Another thing I noticed during the course of last season is toronto doesn't set screens very well, that must improve big time to run a effective half court set.

I think 1 or 2 more things and toronto will have a team that can compete.

Comment

Working...
                              X