Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wade, James and Bosh Join Miami Discussion (Must Read News Article, pg. 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JskyovzAyiA

reggie miller said he's not a superstar. now that's a true superstar. humble

TBJ reacts: Chris Bosh heads to Miami from The Basketball Jones on Vimeo.

this is just TBJ reacting to bosh heading to miami before lebron a couple days ago. I don't like how they said toronto fans have nothing to be angry at.

have you freakin read his twitter and comments.

here's the new one

TBJ reacts: LeBron, LeBron, LeBron from The Basketball Jones on Vimeo.

Last edited by LBF; Fri Jul 9, 2010, 01:11 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Jordan was never humble. Is he a superstar? The stuff Bosh and James pulled goes beyond egotistical.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Jordan was never humble. Is he a superstar? The stuff Bosh and James pulled goes beyond egotistical.
        ya, jordan was a superstar. but as far as ego goes.

anyways, bosh was all for this and wade was the master behind it and lebron was dumb enough to fall into it.

there the three stooges

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Talk of bosh wade and james taking pay cuts is incorrect. Heat and raps working on a s and t for a 6th year Cavs may do the sign with miami
          about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter

http://twitter.com/swirsk054

Six teams have contacted Zydrunas Ilgauskas, agent said. Yes, the Heat are believed to be one of them. No decision yet.
          13 minutes ago via TweetDeck
          http://twitter.com/pdcavsinsider

FYI, a trade exception #Cavs would potentially get in a sign-and-trade is basically worthless because they are under the salary cap.
          about 3 hours ago via web .

Sign-and-trade would be worth between $35-40 million to James. But Heat have limited assets. Can't see the Cavs being very willing.
          about 3 hours ago via web .

According to a source, Raptors and Heat have agreed on structure of sign-and-trade for Bosh. Heat are trying to get the Cavs to do it w/LBJ.
          about 3 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/pdcavsinsider

Michael Lee: Mike Miller told me that nothing is final with MIA, but his agent is speaking with Heat right now about joining the SuperFriends. Over 3 hours ago.

Ira Winderman: LeBron James gets his No. 6, with switch to No. 15 what Mario Chalmers was looking for, anyway. James had worn No. 23. bit.ly/98sR1o Over 3 hours ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html#ixzz0tDtZlzFH

Comment

Orlando GM Rips LBJ

Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith said Friday he was surprised James went to Miami because he thought the two-time MVP was "more of a competitor."

He said the "great ones" do it on their own and "usually stay in one locatio
            Asked if James' move to Miami will cause a power shift in the NBA, Smith responded, "Is Kobe retiring?"

"He's proven he can do it on his own," Smith said of Lakers star Kobe Bryant, smiling over the comments. "Oops. My bad."

Smith also said the Magic "still hold the crown" as the best in the Southeast Division, having won three straight titles. He added the Heat will be tough to beat, but are not unguardable.

"Unless they got three balls, you still guard them the same," Smith said. "They'll figure it out I'm sure. Somebody's going to end up with seven shots. Are they going to be OK with that? Somebody's got to be Robin. Are they OK with that? Those are the things they have to work out."
            "I was surprised that he went" to Miami, Smith said. "I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor."

"The great ones do and usually stay in one location," he added. "This is a new era. It's a little different than my time."
            Source: ESPN.com

Comment

you think they will sign ben wallace as their center?

Comment

"In a potentially huge turn of events, the Miami Heat is attempting to work out a sign-and-trade agreement with the Cleveland Cavaliers for free-agent forward LeBron James, who already has agreed to join the Heat.

Should the Heat be able to pull off the maneuver, it would give Heat President Pat Riley unlimited resources to re-sign remaining current Heat free agents such as Udonis Haslem, Dorell Wright and Quentin Richardson -- whichever are not included in such a sign-and-trade -- without having to make those agreements work within the confines of the NBA's "soft" salary cap.

No matter the approach, James is locked into a Heat future.

In addition, such a maneuver would allow the Heat to retain its mid-level salary-cap exception for 2010-11, which it then could utilize to complete its planned signing of Washington Wizards free-agent swingman Mike Miller.

In essence, the Heat is completing its end game.

Regardless of the approach, the Heat is expected to sign Miller, the former University of Florida standout, to a contract in the five-year, $30 million range.

The Heat also is finishing off a sign-and-trade agreement with the Toronto Raptors that will allow recently acquired power forward Chris Bosh to receive a six-year free-agent contract instead of the maximum five-year contract an outside free agent can receive. The Raptors, in turn, will receive a package of draft picks from the Heat and a trade exception of roughly $15 million.

With a sign-and-trade with Cleveland, James also could receive a six-year package, instead of the maximum five-year deal an outside free agent could receive."
                this truly is insanity!

cont through link via pro sports daily

Comment

LeBron, Wade, Bosh officially sign max deals with Miami

Breaking news!

http://nbaprimetime.com/lebron-wade-...ami-heat/2636/

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    this truly is insanity!

I'm not sure this actually makes sense under the CBA. SOmeone who knows it better than me should look into it, but no matter what, the Heat were under the cap, no matter if there was a sign and trade, or not. I don't see how they'd get the MLE.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      this truly is insanity!

"Should the Heat be able to pull off the maneuver, it would give Heat President Pat Riley unlimited resources to re-sign remaining current Heat free agents such as Udonis Haslem, Dorell Wright and Quentin Richardson -- whichever are not included in such a sign-and-trade -- without having to make those agreements work within the confines of the NBA's "soft" salary cap.

[...]

In addition, such a maneuver would allow the Heat to retain its mid-level salary-cap exception for 2010-11, which it then could utilize to complete its planned signing of Washington Wizards free-agent swingman Mike Miller.

In essence, the Heat is completing its end game."
                      I have never read anything so ridiculous in a supposed professional paper. This is worse than Lloyd Carroll asking Davis about his knowledge of Canadian taxes, worse than tabloid sports writer Peter Vecsey, and worse than the typical Bleacher Report writer, which says a lot.

In order to S&T picks for Bosh and LBJ (while also signing Miller to the remaining cap room), the Heat had to renounce every single cap hold by all of their FAs (except Wade, of course). By doing so, they are under the cap and do not have their MLE available. There is no magical rule whereby you get magical power (as suggested by that link) to sign all the players you renounced for as much as you want if you obtain your FAs via S&T. The writer makes it sound like the NBA CBA is a video game where if you complete task A, B and C, you unlock unlimited gold. As it is, LBJ, Bosh and Wade will have to take less money for Miller to sign his deal with the Heat. Everyone else will have to sign for the veteran's minimum. If last years' Heat players are amenable to that, then sure, but that's all they will get.

Someone needs to fire that idiot for use of illegal substances, because he's surely on crack.
                      Last edited by Quixotic; Sat Jul 10, 2010, 03:56 AM.

Comment

I've figured out the moral of the story: Stay in school.

Wade: 3 years at Marquette
                        Bosh: 1 year at Georgia Tech
                        The kid from Akron: no college

The most educated guy convinced his dumber friends to come play on his team for less money.
                        Well played, Wade. Well played.

Comment

Addition to my previous post:

LBJ, Wade and Bosh are taking bigger paycuts than expected, which allows them to keep their QO for Joel Anthony as well as sign Mike Miller. But again, it's the first-year salary the 3 players are agreeing to that is allowing them to acquire Miller and also retain Anthony, not the fact that they're doing S&Ts.

Comment

BP Oil Spill will be heading to MIAMI waters.. closing all Beaches,,, the Bit$hes wont be coming BOSh will get injured...Wade and LBJ will cry over - in the wise words of Hedo "BALL"

Comment

Must Read News Article

This is a great revealing inside look about the trio's unprecedented, controversial and possibly illegal free agent group signing:

LINK

Courtesy of Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer (Cleveland) - via David Stein, ESPN

Inside 'The Decision': Miami's coup was a 'surprise' built on long-coveted goal of James, Wade and Bosh

Published: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 7:02 PM

During a rally for Miami Heat fans Friday night, Chris Bosh said he had been talking with new teammates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade about the moment for months.

It was a slip, which some, including Bosh himself, caught. The premise that the trio had been talking about teaming up for months hinted there was a plan in place. That potentially would be against rules, and could raise concerns from the league since Bosh and James were playing for teams battling for the playoffs in Toronto and Cleveland.

Bosh quickly revised the statement and said they had been talking about it for "days." But it appears James, Bosh and Wade had been discussing this for years.

That won't be comforting for Cavaliers fans who still are reeling from what many considered James' stunning departure. But it appears to be part of a complex master plan that was the trio's desire for much of the past four years.

Now that the move has been made, the veil of secrecy is being raised to a degree as people are beginning to talk. The Plain Dealer talked to numerous sources to piece together a picture of how James ended up in Miami.

It is still a somewhat fuzzy picture, but here are the broad strokes:
                              Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Jul 11, 2010, 02:43 AM.
                              RR OG

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                                LBJ, Wade and Bosh are taking bigger paycuts than expected, which allows them to keep their QO for Joel Anthony as well as sign Mike Miller. But again, it's the first-year salary the 3 players are agreeing to that is allowing them to acquire Miller and also retain Anthony, not the fact that they're doing S&Ts.
                                Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but a contract from their original team allows them to get higher percentage increases in salary from year-to-year, right? 10.5% instead of 8% or something. So doing a sign-and-trade makes taking a lower salary in the first year easier since they'll make that up in later years.

EDIT: Just read the above article. Much credit to Riley.
                                Last edited by TRX; Sun Jul 11, 2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X