• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Beasley dealt to Wolves

Breaking News! http://nbaprimetime.com/miami-heat-s...erwolves/2556/

Mark this as the one that got away.

Comment

Beasley to Wolves (hahahaha)

See link for details. Guess MIA found a taker for Beasley...shouldn't be a surprise where I guess.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365794

This *should* help facilitate a S&T b/w the Heat & Raps, now that the only actual player in play is Chalmers - which, all things considered, wouldn't be a back pickup at all, IMO. Why the Heat would want to part with him (tiny contract, decent player, and they'll need a guy like him anyway) is a mystery, I'm guessing they don't, and the best TO winds up with is a likely-to-go-unused TPE & hopefully more picks than just the one they sent there in the JO deal (say, a future unprotected first of Miami's as well as the 2nd rounder they got from Minny in the Beasley on top of their own back).

I've been fairly vitriolic about how I feel towards BC & how he's handled this - if it comes out down the road that he stuck to his guns & got the best deal possible, I'll gladly eat my words. BUT...if it's confirmed that he effed up a S&T & the Raps lose Bosh for nothing over what appears to be the refusal to take back a paltry $3M in salary (after tossing cash around to marginal FA's like Pacman at a strip club), then that's just a pathetic, ego-driven move by a petulant baby.

Of course, I'm in favour of any outcome that hastens his departure, so whatever. And before the avalanche of 'what better GM's are out there that to replace him' diatribes start, just think: it doesn't matter. Sometimes, you just need a change in direction/philosophy for the sake of a change in direction/philosophy.
      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder which is a worse run franchise: Minni or Golden State. I hope BC can at least get us a Trade Exception but at this point I expect nothing. Really starting to lose faith in the guy.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

+1 on the change of philosophy/direction point. Time to give someone else a chance. BC's had his and the results can't be defended. I'd let him walk after his contract runs out unless he engineers a Chris Paul for Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks- type trade.

And given that the NBA now films all of its relevant events in one-hour "specials", could we please have the consumation of the Miami-Toronto S & T live on Raptors TV. I would love to see the look on Riley's face as he tells Colangelo, "and here you go Bryan, here's your draft pick back. Thanks for the help"

Comment

Sam wrote: View Post
            +1 on the change of philosophy/direction point. Time to give someone else a chance. BC's had his and the results can't be defended. I'd let him walk after his contract runs out unless he engineers a Chris Paul for Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks- type trade.

And given that the NBA now films all of its relevant events in one-hour "specials", could we please have the consumation of the Miami-Toronto S & T live on Raptors TV. I would love to see the look on Riley's face as he tells Colangelo, "and here you go Bryan, here's your draft pick back. Thanks for the help"

totally agree with you, just like Bosh i feel BC had his chance and worn out his welcome in Toronto. just like the team, its time for some fresh new faces and ideas in management and with the re-build clearly under way, now is as good a time as ever

Comment

really guys? BC's job and reputation has just been saved with the Lebron signing in Miami. Clearly something has been in the works with the three free agents for a long time. The city and the fans of Cleveland have way more to feel insecure about than the Raptors and the city of Toronto. Bosh, Wade and Lebron wanted to play with each other and that couldn't happen in Toronto. If BC built the pieces around Bosh, Bosh would have left and we would be in the same position and Cleveland is in now. So what is the real BEEF? If the Raps had Cleveland'ss current roster would you feel "slighted" or are you happy with what we have now?

And I ask an even deaper question.....outside of Miam, OKC, Lakers, Orlando, Atlanta and Chicago. What team would you do a straight up full roster trade for?

And what is the next GM going to do? Everyone worth any money is signed for the next 5 or 6yrs.
              Last edited by JoeyJeremiah; Fri Jul 9, 2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I personally like the fact that Colangelo didn't facilitate the movement of Beasley. Just because the big three have agreed, doesn't mean that Colangelo should make it easy for Riley to sign Bosh to max money.

I'd say that was good GMing.

Comment

JoeyJeremiah wrote: View Post

And I ask an even deaper question.....outside of Miam, OKC, Lakers, Orlando, Atlanta and Chicago. What team would you do a straight up full roster trade for?
                  OK, off the top of my head add these teams to the list: Milwaukee (even with Redd's bloated contract), Houston, Portland (how could you leave that one off the list?), Sacramento, Philly (Brand comes off the books sooner than Hedo). I'd take Atlanta off the list and put them in the list of teams that have a roster on par with the Raptors (Atlanta, Charlotte, there's more but I'm too lazy)

That's 10 teams with better rosters and more hope. BC came to Toronto 5 years ago with about as good a situation as a GM could ask for in his 1st year. Of course not everything is his fault but there's enough wrong with this team that it's time to move on.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                    I personally like the fact that Colangelo didn't facilitate the movement of Beasley. Just because the big three have agreed, doesn't mean that Colangelo should make it easy for Riley to sign Bosh to max money.

I'd say that was good GMing.
                    hmm. isn't bosh signing for max money an overall good thing? doesn't it make it that much harder for the heat to round out their rotation?

and, i'm not really sure it's about getting max MONEY, per se, but rather, the max term (6 yrs instead of 5, with higher annual % increases).

and since when did building a franchise have anything at all to do with how other teams are building theirs? shouldn't BC's only focus be on improving the raptors? if that means swallowing some pride & facilitating a S&T that nets the raptors ANYTHING positive in return (picks, TPE, etc.), then that should be the only priority.

i find it sadly ironic that BC suddenly becomes tight with the purse strings & full of moral fibre AFTER tossing money around like he was playing monopoly.

at the end of the day, i'll back a GM if his moves can be at worst rationalized & if there's some semblance of a plan for the future; a GM who makes his decisions based on emotion & spite is doom for a franchise.
                    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Colangelo tends to stay away from players of established poor character. Just another example.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Colangelo tends to stay away from players of established poor character. Just another example.
                        Yeah good thing he did. Maybe Beasley redeems himself in Minnesota and maybe not. At least its not our experiment to worry about.

Comment

just saying
                          i would of taken a chnace on him
                          i dont see the harm when his contact expires after this season

Comment

Okay, well this guy is young.. He still has that approach to everything, we all know how friendly a place Canada is, who better to turn this dude around. I get why people like Kleiza, works hard, decent defender, and has some offensive talent.. Realistically speaking though, he's only going to be an average player in the NBA, Beasley contract expires at the end of the season? Raptors could have put an option to extend that, if they don't like his play.. Then forget it, but we're committing to 4 years with Kleiza.

People saw something in Beasley to pick him second overall, hell, I saw a lot of talent in his old videos.. For a second round pick? our first's already gone to the Heat in a worse deal, this really isn't that big a risk to take, think about it.

Comment

Just realized how sh*tty it must be to be Beasley. He goes from one of the warmest and highly sought after NBA cities that probably will win several Championships in the next 5-10 years, to one of the least desirable, coldest NBA cities and a franchise that may not even see the playoffs in the next 5-10 years.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Man, that's cold!"
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X