We’re Now Flirting With The Tax While Fielding A 20-Win Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Raptors scored the same PPG with Bosh out of the lineup. They gave up more on defense though, a whopping extra 2PPG.
    I'm not talking over the course of a handful of games against teams that are mostly horrible on defense. I'm speaking about over the course of an entire season. There's a big difference. In a handful of games, players can pick up the extra load. Over the course of a season, teams are able to adjust and counter Amir going off for 26 points.

As for the "whopping 2 ppg" more they gave up on defense, that can mean the difference between Utah and Washington.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
      I just don't see 8 teams in the East who will be better or who will care as much day in and day out as the raptors will. No expectations is a much better approach to a season than trying to live up to unrealistic ones.
      Definitely:
      Miami
      Boston
      Orlando
      Atlanta
      Chicago

Most Likely:
      Milwaukee
      Charlotte

Possibly:
      Philadelphia
      New York
      Indiana

I just don't see it.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Charlotte is getting worse not better, no real point guard, Capn Jack is due for a cliff dive and Wallace's last season is reminiscent of Harris's lone all star.

Boston is going to have stay extremely healthy not to combust. They lost all thier depth in the front court and KG is all scowls and swear words at this point.

I think Philly makes a leap, but Atlanta could be in trouble, teams don't usually handle imploding in the playoffs very well and i'm sold on Boozer like I am Toyota products.

Milawakue will be hard pressed to recreate last years magic, I foresee a Jennings sophomore slump and Bogut can't seem to stay healthy for a season, adding Maggette doesn't insure anything positive.

Miami is the only team that actually improved this summer, but at this point no one really knows.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I'm not talking over the course of a handful of games against teams that are mostly horrible on defense. I'm speaking about over the course of an entire season. There's a big difference. In a handful of games, players can pick up the extra load. Over the course of a season, teams are able to adjust and counter Amir going off for 26 points.
          Team did adjust while Bosh was out and hence Bargnani's numbers went down. The rest of the team performed. I think the offense will be fine.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          As for the "whopping 2 ppg" more they gave up on defense, that can mean the difference between Utah and Washington.
          You need to keep in mind that I wasn't being sarcastic... So, yeah.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Team did adjust while Bosh was out and hence Bargnani's numbers went down. The rest of the team performed.
            No way man. I'm not believing that for a second. Bargnani shit the bed when Bosh got injured, had nothing to do with teams adjusting. The guy couldn't make a mid-range jumper to save his life and his defensive effort got worse (if that's possible).

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              No way man. I'm not believing that for a second. Bargnani shit the bed when Bosh got injured, had nothing to do with teams adjusting. The guy couldn't make a mid-range jumper to save his life and his defensive effort got worse (if that's possible).
              well, we'll(oh, the 2 wells in the same sentence) see this season won't we. i bet they'll make us be the first team to face Miami.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

They'll make it to at least 100PPG.

Comment

Working...
                X